Home

Give us the SETTINGS to SKIP Cutscenes

This is a discussion on Give us the SETTINGS to SKIP Cutscenes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #9
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Give us the SETTINGS to SKIP Cutscenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yeah if its an option you can toggle on or off in settings thats fair.
It was. Even suggested it to them when they asked about how we would like to see matches quicker. As well as told them numerous times that the Invite and Search on Quick Match needed switched. That was on UFC 1. I think the screens are actually a lot harder to do or they would have switched them for this game since it makes no sense to have the invite first.

This was an option on UD3 that would search for people with the same settings, or would become one if someone searched with all the settings open.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
That was on UFC 1. I think the screens are actually a lot harder to do or they would have switched them for this game since it makes no sense to have the invite first.

As a beginner programmer in a university of computer science with basic knowledge on C and C++ i can only laugh when i hear stuff like that being hard to change.

It's just lazyness in my opinion. Sorry to disapoint you, but it's not something hard to do, both from a logical point of view and a programmer's point of view.

as a beginner who has done simple programms and a few excersises on GUI, i was able to switch screens in a program and the result of clicking on each screen with eas on the first try. Nothing hard at all, especially for Video Game Developers, it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do so.

But there are other things that might break and they don't consider it a priority and wouldnt wanna risk the current build of the game to break by a glitch or smth, since the menu is pretty laggy already with all those menu animations, so there might be more stuff going on and they dont want to put the time to further test it, they let it be, because it works and it's not a priority.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-17-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:18 AM   #11
Pro

Wait... I always just search for a game. To you guys start sessions? I never understood the point. Even in search you can filter and only pick one weight class, so you gain nothing - that I'm aware of- by creating the session
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #12
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Wait... I always just search for a game. To you guys start sessions? I never understood the point. Even in search you can filter and only pick one weight class, so you gain nothing - that I'm aware of- by creating the session
Not what we are talking about. The skip cut scenes was so you didn't have to watch the intros and cut scenes and get right into the fight. This was great. You could still pick all weightclasses.

The starting we are talking about Quick Fights where you are automatically on Invite when you go to it. Quick Match should be just that. I should be able to keep pressing X to get to a match. Not over, then start searching. That isn't quick. It is if you are looking to invite, but they are already going to take more steps so why not make them go over to invite instead of us having to go over just to search? It is backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »