Home

How to counter takedown into sub?

This is a discussion on How to counter takedown into sub? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How to counter takedown into sub?

^
Awesome. Thanks, Dave.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:04 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
When submissive fighter in side control goes for a single leg the fighters stand up while one fighter is holding they others leg. The fighter holding the leg has to use the right thumbstick again to get takedown. That's when you deny, if they let go or just stand there you can't reverse.

I don't know how to put audio on YouTube, but almost every reversal works for me if I start it as soon as I see opponent moving a direction. If you look at the huds in any video I posted you can get an idea of when I'm denying and reversing in regards to when opponent inputs his transition.

Your video is a good example. You hold the single leg for a while before initiating the actual takedown. However, there is almost no obvious animation to key-in on. Do you press L2 and down right when they get into position (and it just accepts the input), or does this only work when timed perfectly (which often tends to be immediately, so it still works)? Just curious if, at high level play, this one is really hard to get because the wrestler can hesitate and make reading the animation really tough
Old 07-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #19
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Your video is a good example. You hold the single leg for a while before initiating the actual takedown. However, there is almost no obvious animation to key-in on. Do you press L2 and down right when they get into position (and it just accepts the input), or does this only work when timed perfectly (which often tends to be immediately, so it still works)? Just curious if, at high level play, this one is really hard to get because the wrestler can hesitate and make reading the animation really tough
It looks like the animation to key in on is the player holding the legs feet, as soon as they input takedown the feet step closer together. It can difficult to pull off though if you wait to see opponents feet move like that.

In seems in practice mode you can preemptively input submission. Towards the end of animation were fighters are both standing I can preemptively hold L2 and down and just keep it held. If fighter inputs takedown you get the submission attempt.

So long story short it seems that yes, you can hold L2 and down and soon as they get into position, or a little earlier than that.

Last edited by Dave_S; 07-18-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #20
Rookie

Dave_S, thanks so much!

GPD put out a long list of reversals the other day. The challenge is to see if a fighter has them.

By the way, from single collar do you have to differentiate between a single or double legs TD (left or right denial), or would either direction work? They look so similar. Also, the animation for hip toss and judo throw look similar--do I have differentiate it is either up or down fine. I don't have a second controller and getting to computer to do it in practice mode is challenging.

By the way, does the guillotine reversal work for both single and double legs from clinch and standing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #21
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Pretty sure guillotine is only for single leg, double leg looks like kimura.

For both those you use L2 and down, so you don't have to differentiate.

For the hip toss and judo throw I don't know of any reversals. They are both denied with R2 and down iirc.

I think every takedown is denied by using the right thumbstick down, unless you reverse takedown attempt to end up on top which i believe is R2 and either left or right on thumbstick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It looks like the animation to key in on is the player holding the legs feet, as soon as they input takedown the feet step closer together. It can difficult to pull off though if you wait to see opponents feet move like that.

In seems in practice mode you can preemptively input submission. Towards the end of animation were fighters are both standing I can preemptively hold L2 and down and just keep it held. If fighter inputs takedown you get the submission attempt.

So long story short it seems that yes, you can hold L2 and down and soon as they get into position, or a little earlier than that.
Man, this has made such a difference. Rage quit % had really gone up. I've been letting wrestlers use this escape and nail them with L2 and down once were standing and in position (I had been doing it too early previously). The two gate guilotine reversal is nasty, and with the surprise element it pisses people off who try like hell to avoid the ground. It's great
Old 07-30-2016, 11:00 PM   #23
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

This one was fun, dude held onto my leg for a long time, I was holding l2 and down the whole time

Old 07-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #24
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

For standing takedown reversals that only require L2, do thwy still work if you hold L2+R2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »