Home

Frame data thread

This is a discussion on Frame data thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Frame data thread

Does anyone have any information about frame data? For example the execution, active and recovery frames of a jab, the block stun disadvantage when blocking certain moves .et.c.

A record mode in practice would be a perfect way to figure out relative frame data but of course something as basic as a record mode isn’t in this game. However you can still figure it out if you have two controllers and a friend with you.

If anyone wants to share any frame data they have I'll update the OP with it.

Last edited by Lake the striker; 07-18-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: Frame data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake the striker
Does anyone have any information about frame data? For example the execution, active and recovery frames of a jab, the block stun disadvantage when blocking certain moves .et.c.

A record mode in practice would be a perfect way to figure out relative frame data but of course something as basic as a record mode isn’t in this game. However you can still figure it out if you have two controllers and a friend with you.

If anyone wants to share any frame data they have I'll update the OP with it.
I am very interesting in getting this too.
I posted list of dmg/stamina cost for every move from EA UFC 1.
But many has changed and we dont have this list for EA UFC 2.

About framedata (stratup, hit frames especially) - IT IS NEEDED! Yes GPD may said that frame data is dynamically changing depends on stamina but we need to know at least the BASIS of frame data (which move is faster than other).
It will be very helpful i think.

About diadvantage on hit and block - there are NO in the game b/c the game does not have HIT STUNS at all, it has FBHR (5 levels) which are launches only when getting hit with 4+ dmg. Ths is the problem of the game.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I am very interesting in getting this too.
I posted list of dmg/stamina cost for every move from EA UFC 1.
But many has changed and we dont have this list for EA UFC 2.

About framedata (stratup, hit frames especially) - IT IS NEEDED! Yes GPD may said that frame data is dynamically changing depends on stamina but we need to know at least the BASIS of frame data (which move is faster than other).
It will be very helpful i think.

About diadvantage on hit and block - there are NO in the game b/c the game does not have HIT STUNS at all, it has FBHR (5 levels) which are launches only when getting hit with 4+ dmg. Ths is the problem of the game.
Thank's for your contribution Sugata. Like you said it would be great if the game play dev posted some basic frame and priority data.

This is the only competitive fighting game I've played where something as fundamentally important as frame data isnt readily available.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Not to sound like a ***** but I said this today in a earlier post.

This game has everything it needs to become a hardcore fight simulator that will attract players from all generas of fighting games, it could be a great tournament Evo game.

But alas we are stuck in a world of catering to casuals. Unfortunately
Old 07-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Not to sound like a ***** but I said this today in a earlier post.

This game has everything it needs to become a hardcore fight simulator that will attract players from all generas of fighting games, it could be a great tournament Evo game.

But alas we are stuck in a world of catering to casuals. Unfortunately
Exactly Morgan, at this current state the game is in no way solid enough to make Evo or any serious tournament. Its very much relegated to the causal realm.

I think the only reason this game sold anything like it has is because of the UFC brand behind it, the fact that it is the only next gen MMA game available and the fact that its physics engine makes the game enjoyable, no other reason at all. This is simply not a good fighting game because its systems are not explained thoroughly at all. I really don’t care how I sound, I'm not here to spare any feelings, trust me Id be a lot harsher - to the devs especially - if not for all the coddling and censorship around here.

For anyone reading that would like to help with testing, I'll try to continuously post ways we can test various aspects of the striking mechanics in this thread until I have time to buy a new controller in which case ill post the information myself. I'll start with the jab-body kick combo since its so commonly used.

Interrupting during the interval frames of the jab- body kick combo:

1) Have two controllers ready and an extra person with you

2) Go into two player training mode

3) Have the opposing player throw jab followed by a body kick as fast as possible

4) Try this again, however after blocking the first jab, immediately throw a jab in response

5) What are the consistent results? Does your jab interrupt the body kick? Does the input of the opposing players body kick register or not? Does your jab get interrupted or deflected?

6) Whatever happens post the results here and try the exercise again but with a different strike. Try it with the straight, the hook, the uppercut e.t.c. and record what happens

7) As Sugata said the frame data is somewhat dynamic, so do the results vary by fighter, distance, e.t.c?

Its a shame we have to use such a ridiculously long winded and tedious method to find out some half arsed details about a fighting games striking system in 2016 but we have no other choice.

Last edited by Lake the striker; 07-19-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #6
Rookie

For reference sakes, this is what frame testing in a proper training mode looks like:

A good training mode and adequate data provision keeps the retention rate of a competitive FGC high. This game absolutely lacks this element which is why its competitive scene is hardley taken seriously compared to other fighters. I mean just look at the detail and depth of the training mode in those games compared to this one.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Frame rate counting is taking something that's supposed to be analog and makes it digital.

I can see for high level competiton were it's win at all costs, but doesn't that take some of the fun out of it? It's kind of like taking advantage of known animations and multiplier imo.

Not trying to be a jerk, just actually curious. If you are just playing for fun doesn't that take fluidity and realism out of your gaming experience?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:46 AM   #8
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

We need RECORD DUMMY feature to programming AI actions for several seconds for testing

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »