Home

How to correct miss-timed ground denial/reversal?

This is a discussion on How to correct miss-timed ground denial/reversal? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2016, 05:24 AM   #9
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to correct miss-timed ground denial/reversal?

Surely one of u guys must be able to help. This is the only aspect of the game i cannot figure out. Please help guys lol
Old 07-22-2016, 07:11 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
If someone is doing multiple fakes, that means the opponent gets to start and complete a transition.

Perhaps someone can experiment with what happens when someone denies the fake in the right direction but misses the denial; do they get an equal chance to deny the next fake/transition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you don't, I dont think.

Because when it happened to me the guy was faking the same transition over and over, so i was denying the right way and when i was trying to transition because he was doing loads of fakes he just denied mine.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #11
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
When you go to deny/reverse a ground transition and you miss time it and both fighters kinda pause for a few seconds mid transition, how do i correct/re-do the denial whilst we are momentarily paused? I guess it would be regaining Grapple Advantage? Do i need to let go and re-flick just the R the stick or do i let go of both R2 and R stick and re-apply both?

I hope that makes sence
I wrote this before, so one more time "just a copy-past from my notes" (the short answer is you CAN NOT):

GRAPPLE BLOCK (GB):
Stamina cost: mid

Depends on: nothing, because TM speed determines denial window. TM speed depends on – see Grappling.

Grappling move (GM) – transition, throw, takedown, submission.
[during opponent’s move execution](may holding or click) R2 + (click) RS in needed direction (the direction of Attacker’s RS, the direction he is moving) – Grapple block (GB); turn yellow Transition meter into Opponent’s color. BETTER to GB by (click) R2+RS, than (holding)R2+(click)RS – because holding R2 slow down Stamina regeneration by 50% as usual Block.

BLANK GRAPPLE BLOCK - Holding or click GB (holding duration does not matter) not during opponent’s grappling move execution (does not matter before or after) – strong vibration & no animation, fast drain Stamina, loose GA, disable my GB during my GB and for 2 sec after my GB released and during started at this time opponent’s GM execution (becomes unblockable), but after his GM attempt (even not completed clicked Fake GM) I regain ability to GB. Opponent’s Blank GB – can not be noticed, only anticipated: no animation, no vibration to me, just a bit Stamina decrease.

WRONG GRAPPLE BLOCK – Holding or click GB (holding duration does not matter) during opponent’s grappling move execution but in wrong direction – no vibration & no animation, no drain Stamina, loose GA, disable my GB during my GB and during started at this time opponent’s GM execution (becomes unblockable), but immediately after his GM (even not completed clicked Fake GM) I regain ability to GB.
[BEFORE Grapple block moment] (may holding)R2, but do not both (R2+RS), and (click) RS at Grapple block moment (i.e. as opponent’s GM execution starts).
If opponent begin his Grappling move execution during my active Blank GB (strong vibration) or during 2 sec after it – his GM will be unblockable, my GB will not be able until he finished his Grappling move (even if I re-press my GB).
Never do Blank GB! Never allow strong vibration in Grappling!
Perform Grapple Block ONLY in the time of Opponent’s GM execution!
Never keep holding GB after successful deny, release it immediately (click GB) – to prevent going it into Blank GB!
In 2 sec after my Blank GB (strong vibration) be ready to prevent opponent’s GM by other methods than GB (Strike crushing, my own GM, …………………………………….?)
Opponent’s Blank GB is noticed only by decreasing his Stamina w/o any actions. WHEN noticed opponent’s Blank GB – immediately perform full GM in time 2 sec (to become unblockable) and do not Fake GM (to prevent re-activation of his GB).
Denial window of GB against opponent’s TD with 0% Stamina = minimal approximately 6 frames (but I can GB pre-emptively in Stand up, but can’t in Clinch/Ground
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »