Home

Why is Mike Tyson 65 maxed Movement in Heavyweight,yet slowest moving player?

This is a discussion on Why is Mike Tyson 65 maxed Movement in Heavyweight,yet slowest moving player? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is Mike Tyson 65 maxed Movement in Heavyweight,yet slowest moving player?

The young Tyson has 65 movement speed, more than overeem and everyone else, yet he is the only one moving so slow forward. Everyone can outrun him going backwards while he is hunting them, even if they are holding block.

Combine that with the most limited range in Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight and combine it with all his strikes being stiff(no range,slow, for power) it makes him unplayable vs someone willing to do sidesteps.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-24-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 02:37 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Why is Mike Tyson 65 maxed Movement in Heavyweight,yet slowest moving player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
The young Tyson has 65 movement speed, more than overeem and everyone else, yet he is the only one moving so slow forward. Everyone can outrun him going backwards while he is hunting them, even if they are holding block.

Combine that with the most limited range in Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight and combine it with all his strikes being stiff(no range,slow, for power) it makes him unplayable vs someone willing to do sidesteps.
Yeah, I paid the 5.99 or whatever for Tyson, mainly because I wasn't a huge fan of any Heavyweights in the UFC..(Kinda like Overeem now..) And what a waste of money. Totally unusable. At least for me.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Why is Mike Tyson 65 maxed Movement in Heavyweight,yet slowest moving player?

Tyson players are easy wins, I use Cro Cop, I just have to step back, land a middle kick, or do a combo and usually he gets knocked out by high kick.

People who use Tyson rely a lot on body shot spams, and hope for a big punch at the end of it, but Tyson being short, and slow, usually they end up hitting in the wind.

I wonder how they fight against people who use Jon Jones
Old 07-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvman
Tyson players are easy wins, I use Cro Cop, I just have to step back, land a middle kick, or do a combo and usually he gets knocked out by high kick.

People who use Tyson rely a lot on body shot spams, and hope for a big punch at the end of it, but Tyson being short, and slow, usually they end up hitting in the wind.

I wonder how they fight against people who use Jon Jones
The top 3rd player on PS4 is a Mike Tyson User.

I been playin Tyson a lot after seeing someone make it there and i can block every single clinch/takedown attempt and i can land some pretty good combos with tyson, but sad part is that most of them have to start with a jab/straight since no other strike is able to hit an opponent, even while he is afk, you will miss with some strikes like body uppercats or lead overhand hook.

You will even miss after you parry a punch and you try to counter with a punch other than straight/jab you will most likely miss.

Worse part is, all of his strikes are powerfull as ****, so the good combos that other people can go by throwing 3-4 strikes and have a powerfull combo, mike tyson can mostly do 2 strike combos, since they all cause a hit reaction and then the people go away from his striking range after they react.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Even Big Country moves quicker than Mike its a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #6
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
Even Big Country moves quicker than Mike its a joke
Their movement stats are broken.
Movement speed is meant to be meters/feet traveled per second and not how fast one moves his legs, which is what the movement stat seems to be affecting.

So if you have a short player,not only do you have a short distance but you are also moving slow as hell, making it impossible to hunt down your opponent. It's a gamebreaking mistake by the devs, if what i say is true and it's what makes sense and justifies the results we are seeing.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Short strikers suck really bad in this game, but short wrestlers or BJJ guys are great because the are so small you can shoot for a takedown and the leg kicks ppl throw to stop you won't work and you will go right under there legs.

Now taller guys suck for takedowns because you will always get clipped shooting for one. This is why I prefer small guys in UFC 2. If Mike Tyson was able to do takedowns he would be a beast in this game.

Side note - I wish Tyson was not even in ranked matches and the same goes for Bruce Lee. Get these fighters out of here.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Bruce Lee players are so annoying.

That is all.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »