Home

Attn: Anyone that's not a Dev

This is a discussion on Attn: Anyone that's not a Dev within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Attn: Anyone that's not a Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
No, because it's pretty hard to time it, your opponent has to try and actually burn his stamina in order for you to be allowed to do that guilotine.

The biggest success i've had with that choke is when i am playing Mike Tyson, everyone thinks "hehe it's Mike Can't Grapple Tyson, i'll just spam takedowns and transitions because there is nothing he can do to me on the ground."

Then they are at the submissive sprawl and try to get me to half guard, then to full guard to submit me and i block their spammy half-guard transitions and when they have 0 stamina they try to go over-under and i have 100 stamina and theirs is 0, so i lock in that guilotine and it's goodnight, you got humiliated by Tyson.

But i've lost plenty of guilotine choke submissions with Tyson where i have 100% stamina and the opponent 0, due to Tyson's submission stats being terrible and the opponent being Werdum or someone with BJJ background.

BUt i agree( although i don't believe they are available) Guilotine Chokes from Full mount should be added and be 2-3 gates also.
I actually thought that it only works when the other person has low stamina but recently Iswirled managed to somehow lock it in when we both had full stamina. He didn't sub me but I was surprised he even locked it in.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
I actually thought that it only works when the other person has low stamina but recently Iswirled managed to somehow lock it in when we both had full stamina. He didn't sub me but I was surprised he even locked it in.
Works any time like a regular denial it can just be hard to get sometimes because of the GA the sub fighter accrues in sprawl.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #11
Rookie

And one more thing; they obviously patched in the use of R2 also because people could just hold L2 + Up and get the guillotine as soon as you went to over/under - so now you need to press L2 + R2 + Up BUT you can still hold L2 pre-emptively and hit the R2 + Up on reaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »