Home

About the parries

This is a discussion on About the parries within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #33
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: About the parries

had a somewhat annoying league fight (actually a best out of 3) against someone we can just call....parry happy...

In the first of 3 fights, I was Hendricks, with no legit body kick or reach...and he was Lawler...let's just say there wasn't much I could do against his...parry happiness....

next two fights though I made sure to have someone who could kick him in the gut/liver from distance as he parry spammed his head

that makes him drop his hands.....and a beatdown ensures lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-kzdqIJpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gog0B9RSDMo

so if you want some tips on beating a parry spammer, here ya go watch this, they're definitely not unbeatable. But I definitely got hit with some BS parry counters off jabs and what not.....but....just gotta adapt.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 08-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
I agree nerf the Parries and give us te ability to sway and move our head and feet simultaneously.
And hold or release blocking guard during head movement and footwork
Old 08-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #35
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Parries should be a lot harder and they are much rarer in real life. Only high level strikers use them and that's very rare.

Silva now that he is older and people dont go at him with their face out, he stopped slipping that many strikes, he is mainly parrying them and it takes a lot of skill to do so.

Here is a gif gallery that showecases it http://imgur.com/a/n4qbV

What they need to do to make them rarer and not harder to time, but harder to do in general.

By that, i am suggesting that there should be like R1 + Triangle, for high right jab and R1 + Square for high left jab etc.

It's shouldn't be so easy to predict where the strike is coming from and have a parry ready for it. This would make parries much mroe realistic and reserved for highly skilled strikers by giving them the ability to parry punches in general by either Triangle or Square etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #36
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

It's no real news that in a greater world and game, we'd have
-4 way button block/parry that breaks down quite faster than it is right now
-stamina that simulates true to life conditioning

and definitely

-no combo multiplier

As of now it is way too easy for players to just put constant pressure with the block held high up, get in close range and exchange without any actual true to life repercussions that this true to life simple minded gameplan would do. I'm sure the devs know it, it's how to put it in the game so that it is still fun to play that is the factor here, I think.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #37
Pro

Parry and the hit stun animation that makes you unable to act both need to go or be changed. 9/10 of my fights are either people spamming parry or looking for hit reactions to juggle you. Sure you can mix up your shots but it only takes 1 parry to get smoked and rocked.

I hate parry, I'll typically try using movement, sways, dashing in and out, side stepping and picking my shots. 90% of my parries are by accident as I go to throw a punch and the game hasn't released my block yet so I parry and stand there as it just messed me up lol.

Honestly I'd say majority of the top 100 wouldn't be all that good without the parry and hit stuns reactions
Old 11-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #38
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Just getting it out of my system

Old 11-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #39
Rookie

I honestly think parry mechanic is fine if they implemented it correctly. Off the top of my heads, it would be something like..

1) Single, regular strikes deal significant damage. Like a regular hook, uppercut or straight can rock/KO you.
2) Very short window that you have to actually time.
3) If you parry the air, you get a cooldown of like 1 sec before you can parry again
4) Maybe make it so you take 1.2x damage if you whiff a parry
5) You can't headkick or overhand right after a parry. Only a quick jab, straight, hook

There was no risk to parrying. It was way too easy to land a parry and if you failed and got nailed, it never put you in danger so you didn't care. If each clean strike mattered, then there would actually be a risk to parrying. And the attacker would have a reason to mix head/body as well as mixing quick strikes with slower strikes to throw off the timing.

I'm not saying parrying should be in, I'm just saying I think the problem was how it was implemented, not the mechanic itself
Old 11-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #40
Rookie

They have to fix the timing so that if you want to pull off a parry, your timing has to be exact i.e. at the last possible moment just before the strike lands. They also have to come up with a new system that makes parrying require much more skill. Instead of having high/low parrying, they must have what I call directional button parrying. Almost the same as my directional blocking system except you use the face buttons instead of the thumbstick. The controls could look something like this: X and Y parry straight attacks(X would parry the left punch and Y the right, depending on the stances), A and B parry horizontal attacks. Finally, X+A and Y+B parry vertical attacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »