Home

Submission switches

This is a discussion on Submission switches within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Submission switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I'm in Div6 in Ranked and in Div5 in UT with almost all my characters, and I haven't fought anyone that has ever done that to me in over 600 matches
Without sounding disparaging, you cant have been fighting very good players. In UT division 6-7 are full of people that know the ground inside out. Don't get me wrong, you can still hit sub switches, you're not guaranteed to get out, but if you're saying in 600 matches, (that I assume you at least tried a switch in all of), not a single person has ever beaten you to the switch and gotten out of the sub as a result, I would answer theres not many class players in those 600.

People hit the switch before me often enough for me to ignore the switch completely when Ive caught em on low stamina, why risk lettin em out?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:01 AM   #10
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Yup, kimura from half guard bottom + omoplata from guard makes it possible. I've caught many people by surprise with that
Which fighters have that?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #11
Pro

Right now, only my UT .

I imagine Maia and BJ to have it though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
Would disagree. Good players know most if not all of the sub switches and are primed and ready to flick that green L. If they get there before you, and you flick it, all four gates fill up alot, usually enough to let the defender out. Is definitely a risk
Yep, this is definitely the risk going for it. I have run into people I beat to the green bar (so they definitely miss it) but still keep me in the submission and beat me to the end. This is rare and I have no idea how they are doing this though.

Anyone know how you can be beat to the sub switch, so you miss hit the direction, but not lose the submission... And apparently no penalty reduction to the gate size?
Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
Which fighters have that?
I didn't even know about the switch from Kimura to omoplata. However, submission switches are unique to the move, not the character. If you have kimura from bottom (not sure if it's from closed or half guard) then you have the switch
Old 08-12-2016, 03:51 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Yep, this is definitely the risk going for it. I have run into people I beat to the green bar (so they definitely miss it) but still keep me in the submission and beat me to the end. This is rare and I have no idea how they are doing this though.

Anyone know how you can be beat to the sub switch, so you miss hit the direction, but not lose the submission... And apparently no penalty reduction to the gate size?
Yes youre playing someone who does what I do, and is ignoring the green flick. All you hitting it does is make it disappear. If they try to flick it aswell and you get their first, then the game treats it as them flicking the wrong direction entirely and you get the boost to your defense gates.

So in short, everyone knows the SC Kimura links to the armbar, so decent players are ready on that second gate for the green flick. I ignore it, and flick the blue, to continue with the kimura. Then its just skills at the sub game.

The Kimura to Omoplata though, less expect that, so I usually hit that one when given the oppurtunity :P
Old 08-13-2016, 01:49 AM   #15
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Getting frustrated with these.

My last 3 subs I wanted the choke, but my hand automatically flicks the green even when I don't want to. Stupid neutral pathways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Just got a 4 star Kimura from guard for my UT fighter. ayyy

The RNC from back sitting, if you ignore the green bar, has maybe the most bad *** animation for the RNC in the game.

Cool arm trap RNC. Dig it.

Which RNC does a body triangle? I can't remember off the top of my head? just the "flying RNC"?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »