Home

The Matchmaking Issue.

This is a discussion on The Matchmaking Issue. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2016, 04:30 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
The Matchmaking Issue.

Sigh.. I don't even know why i am even bothering with this, it's propably been discussed before and it's far too late to ask for it.

But why is matchmaking in a game with such a small playerbase, prioritizing skill before connection?

The lag/delay/input lag issue is the biggest problem of this game and the most gamebreaking one. I understand for it to be a problem in a Ranked mode, where it's basically skill matchmaking*, but why does this carry on to quick match?

It's killing the game for me, more than it's lacking/problematic gameplay feutures.

-Why is this not changed yet and why was it not changed after the first patch of the game as it was an issue since launch?

-Will it happen with the next patch as the player base is plummeting?

The game was clearly developed with the couch buddies/ controller 1 vs controller 2 system in mind, which is why almost nothing works as intended in the online aspect of it. It was a bad design decision for a game where timing is so important, to have such severe connection issues and nothing to offer as far as offline is concerned.

P.S. People have been praising the ground game in EA UFC 2 so much, but am i the only one who at the end of the day does not quite appreciate it, as 90% of it, is timing based and the timing is almost always off, due to the connection issues?

*(Which is one of the reasons i avoid playing ranked,only 300 fights and i own the game since day 1 and playing daily.Almost all my Champion vs Champion fights in Div 6 are lag fests so i've lost hope in that mode and don't even get me started with Ultimate Team.)

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-12-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Banned

Re: The Matchmaking Issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Sigh.. I don't even know why i am even bothering with this, it's propably been discussed before and it's far too late to ask for it.

But why is matchmaking in a game with such a small playerbase, prioritizing skill before connection?

The lag/delay/input lag issue is the biggest problem of this game and the most gamebreaking one. I understand for it to be a problem in a Ranked mode, where it's basically skill matchmaking*, but why does this carry on to quick match?

It's killing the game for me, more than it's lacking/problematic gameplay feutures.

-Why is this not changed yet and why was it not changed after the first patch of the game as it was an issue since launch?

-Will it happen with the next patch as the player base is plummeting?

The game was clearly developed with the couch buddies/ controller 1 vs controller 2 system in mind, which is why almost nothing works as intended in the online aspect of it. It was a bad design decision for a game where timing is so important, to have such severe connection issues and nothing to offer as far as offline is concerned.

P.S. People have been praising the ground game in EA UFC 2 so much, but am i the only one who at the end of the day does not quite appreciate it, as 90% of it, is timing based and the timing is almost always off, due to the connection issues?

*(Which is one of the reasons i avoid playing ranked,only 300 fights and i own the game since day 1 and playing daily.Almost all my Champion vs Champion fights in Div 6 are lag fests so i've lost hope in that mode and don't even get me started with Ultimate Team.)
I still have no idea why they changed unranked to where you can only fight people in your division. That is just...I mean once you hit 6 or 7, I can only imagine the wait time. Especially with the player base now. I mean what genius came up with this? Why are they messing with stuff that doesn't need to be messed with?
Old 08-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

To be honest UT matchmaking drives me insane.

50% or more of the time I fight guys with literally 15-20 point stat advantage.

Compound that with everyone but Boxers having ~40 chin stats, and you have some SERIOUSLY broken matchmaking, and extremely annoying issues with just getting destroyed by literally 2-3 strikes.

You have to play PERFECTLY to somehow try and beat those odds.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
To be honest UT matchmaking drives me insane.

50% or more of the time I fight guys with literally 15-20 point stat advantage.

Compound that with everyone but Boxers having ~40 chin stats, and you have some SERIOUSLY broken matchmaking, and extremely annoying issues with just getting destroyed by literally 2-3 strikes.

You have to play PERFECTLY to somehow try and beat those odds.
I don't and won't play ultimate team, but if I did I would be crazy frustrated. Seems weird your fighting style effects chin rating.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

My "Matchmaking issue" is that the game has become practically unplayable now that I have reached division 6 in ranked. I had a decent record (203-95) and since reaching division 6 I continuously get match with guys with literally thousands of fights who are the cheapest clinch spammers or guys who have memorized every escape in certain positions and will hold you there for the entire fight. I love this game but I can see 99% of gamers putting on the shelve after having repeated experiences like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgorian
My "Matchmaking issue" is that the game has become practically unplayable now that I have reached division 6 in ranked. I had a decent record (203-95) and since reaching division 6 I continuously get match with guys with literally thousands of fights who are the cheapest clinch spammers or guys who have memorized every escape in certain positions and will hold you there for the entire fight. I love this game but I can see 99% of gamers putting on the shelve after having repeated experiences like this.
I'd say play quick match but good luck finding fights at times, impossible since it's divisional based. (If you are at higher levels)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »