Home

This is the best the A.I. has been!

This is a discussion on This is the best the A.I. has been! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:26 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This is the best the A.I. has been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
atleast some ppl are enjoying the AI.

I wish i could enjoy it like all of you, but i just find it too easy. What is it about the AI you guys find tough? I just would like to know...
I will resist the temptation to hurl insults (already mentioned it in the original post).

I personally am not looking for "tough" per se. I am looking for a realistic experience. The A.I. in general is far more realistic than most people I've played online. The challenge level the CPU brings is more than adequate. I lose from time to time. But more importantly the fights against the CPU are more immersive and they flow more realistically than online matches against players who will do everything to win. Playing against another human is an adrenaline rush, but the CPU is just far more realistic.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:39 PM   #10
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

I agree with this topic. The AI is far, far better than it was early on.

For my own experience, I try to put myself in the head of the fighter I'm using, and not just try to game the system, but fight as close to how that fighter would approach things. I'm seeing a lot more decisions now, as the CPU doesn't just hand itself to me on a silver platter in the standup.

One thing that I take into account is that unless I'm using some Chris Leben/Don Frye style fighter, you don't feel the pain or fear of getting hit in the game, which allows most people to take more risks. When taking that into account to some degree, it lessens the insane strike counts and makes things much more interesting.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:20 AM   #11
Banned

This is not (by far) the most technical fight I've had against the CPU after the patch, but it's definitely up there in excitement and drama. This is a long one but worth it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0anpNWEoKU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 03:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Yes that fight was very good,but i notice the clock is sped up,everybody including the ones that already enjoy the AI please use NORMAL clock time and switch all huds off it is even better,i have never used the sped up clock as tha AI manages it's stamina better with normal clock and with huds off, for the player we have to be a lot more careful especially on the ground not knowing exactly where our stamina is at.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

The ai is more of a challenge if u fight realistic. Don't throw all your memorized combos. Don't take advantage of them on the ground. Just throw a few punches kicks and move look to land a shot or two. Go in for a flurry from time to time but if u fight them like other humans or to abuse the game mechanics you can destroy them all day. I personally hate some of the stuff you have to do agsisnt other humans to win. I hate the seeing 8 jab combos to the body etc. Try to fight slow pace and react to the ai. I can take the ai down into sidecontrol and win every fight in a minute. I avoid those positions and use house rules for them

It's no different than madden, ncaa and pretty much any ea game ever made. There are huge ways to abuse the logic and mechanics. You have to the will power to not abuse them, even when this get rough for you. We learn so many bad habits playing online.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #14
Rookie

I would love to use normal clock but if you do the punch count is so unrealistic it is absurd. They need to have the ai recognize and account for the normal clock as I would love to use it but do not want 500 plus strikes a fight.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
I would love to use normal clock but if you do the punch count is so unrealistic it is absurd. They need to have the ai recognize and account for the normal clock as I would love to use it but do not want 500 plus strikes a fight.
This. In order for a normal clock to be scaled to the action, dozens of real life nuances along with thousands of new animations must be implemented in-game. The majority of each round in a real life MMA match doesn't consist of constant attacking and defending. It involves a lot of shifting, posturing, feinting, "micro" feinting, stalling, etc. All of these things I would love to see in a video game and I do believe we have the technology to capture these elements, but I doubt developers consider this to be worth their time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 02:51 AM   #16
Rookie

I am not sure if i understand what you are saying about using normal clock for rounds because i feel the AI paces itself really well and is not gassing much at all,if anything i am gassing quicker than the CPU if i get too aggressive,that is on HARD difficulty with huds off. For me i have always felt that a sped up clock is so fake and unrealistic,players call for realism and they use quick rounds instead of true 5 minute rounds which amazes me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »