Home

Stamina...

This is a discussion on Stamina... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 03:23 AM   #9
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
If you are getting a lot of head kick knock downs then the guys you are playing suck. How often do you think guys in the top 100 get knocked down from head kicks? In level 6 I get knocked down about once every 9 games from various strikes or about once every 30 games from head kicks and I am not even a top player. I honestly can't remember the last time I got knocked down from a head kick at the end of a combo. Lift your game bro.

Yes rare things are more fun when they occur but it is the time in between that makes it a tough sell for most players. On a 12 fight UFC card many of the fights will be chess matches that go the distance with minimal excitement. Yes that makes the 2 or 3 exciting fights so much better but it's the other %90 in between that is the issue.

To solve this problem they should just have a sim mode for people like you who claim they want realistic play and stamina. I am pretty sure though you would quickly get bored of playing sim mode if the stamina did in fact mimic real life. One hard guillotine attempt and your arms are gone for two rounds. One flurry to try and finish the guy when he is hurt then you got nothing left for the other 2 rounds. Block a hard head kick on your forearm now you basically only have power left in one arm. You say you want sim but I don’t think you know what that really means
Lmao I'm dead. Your first counter arguement is: "git good scrub". I'm in div 6 by the way and my W/L ratio on my serious account is 90%. Nice condescending tone by the way. The examples you gave about sim are extremes so I won't bother with them. You also keep talking about top players by the way, why should they cater to them? They all look like Tekken players when it comes to stand up anyway.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:15 AM   #10
MVP

One thing they should definitely look at is the effects/debuffs of having low stamina.

When I'm playing against the AI, I can have low stamina and still stuff take downs at will. This really shouldn't be the case when the opponent has full stamina unless I'm using a super wrestler against a boxer.

Thing is, this is the last patch, and there isn't going to be a complete overhaul, as it could wreck the online play. So although the stamina could use a complete revamp, it's not gonna happen. Trying to figure out what the last few tweaks they can do is difficult but maybe this is one of them?

Has anyone looked at stamina drain in real rounds vs accelerated? If there isn't a difference between the two, then maybe that's another thing they can tweak in the final patch?
Old 08-23-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

If they make stamina by itself more realistic with the way the game is currently it would be pretty awful. But combine it with a more realistic damage system that isn't so combo-centric and it could actually be more fun.

Every engagement would be more meaningful, you have to pace yourself and chose your attacks wisely because you risk gassing or being clipped. Pressuring would remain a viable strategy but the rushdown would not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Lmao I'm dead. Your first counter arguement is: "git good scrub". I'm in div 6 by the way and my W/L ratio on my serious account is 90%. Nice condescending tone by the way. The examples you gave about sim are extremes so I won't bother with them. You also keep talking about top players by the way, why should they cater to them? They all look like Tekken players when it comes to stand up anyway.

Git good scrub is not what I said at all. Nothing personal but your attempt at employing a straw man argument was grossly unsuccessful.

If you have a win loss ratio of %90 then why are you getting dropped so often by head kicks? There is a saying in BJJ, there are black belts and then there are black belts. The same is true for div 6 players.

You claim that head kick knock downs happen very often in the game but yet somehow they rarely happen against the top players. There are various things that happen all the time to average players yet do not happen very often to top players. From this you can assert the reason it happens to some guys all the time is because they suck at the game and are not good enough to mitigate against dangerous attacks.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-23-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:08 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Git good scrub is not what I said at all. Nothing personal but your attempt at employing a straw man argument was grossly unsuccessful.

If you have a win loss ratio of %90 then why are you getting dropped so often by head kicks? There is a saying in BJJ, there are black belts and then there are black belts. The same is true for div 6 players.

You claim that head kick knock downs happen very often in the game but yet somehow they rarely happen against the top players. There are various things that happen all the time to average players yet do not happen very often to top players. From this you can assert the reason it happens to some guys all the time is because they suck at the game and are not good enough to mitigate against dangerous attacks.
LOVE this statement, and I am now stealing it to respond to trash talk with :P
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #14
Pro

Stamina is this weird paradox in the game.

On one hand it is everything, because with no stamina you get knocked out/submitted easily, but on the other hand it is nothing because it is so easy to escape from having low stamina and so hard for the opponent to take advantage of it
Old 08-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
LOVE this statement, and I am now stealing it to respond to trash talk with :P
Reminds me of Chivalry Medieval Warfare. You have high level players who are level 50 who are really, really good. Then you have high level players who are level 50 who are just good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
No. This is a video game and needs to have a balance between fun and realism. You need stamina to play the game effectively and for enjoying play. If they made it as realistic as you requested it would be boring as ****.
I've been idle for a while, but this is a hot topic for me. I consider myself to be better than average in online ultimate team. The one thing that really gets under my skin is the reward that the current game design gives for brawling. There is NO benefit to being patient and being a more accurate fighter even when you are using the best tools in your shed so to speak.

I'm not sure why, but even when I hammer these aggressive fighters with 5* body kicks and punch counters for 2 to 3 rounds they are still able to come at me like the energizer bunny and no penalty for their less than 20% accuracy while throwing 200 strikes. Often times my very accurate striking leaves me empty handed because I don't spam anything greater than a 2 to 3 piece combo at the most. I call bullshi* As of the last patch I'll catch one single straight punch that wasn't part of a combo and my fighter all of a sudden does a back flip and I'm out cold. At the end of these frustrating fights that I lose, there is a definite pattern..... Me with 3x the significant strikes landed than my opponent. What's up?

I'm also sick of being chased down with body jab/body straight spammers that can combo off this crap and send you to the canvas before you even realize what's happening. I'll side step these guys and pound them with a 5* power hook and they just keep coming. It seems like the only rewarding counter in this game is off of a parry. What gives?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »