Home

Decisions?

This is a discussion on Decisions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:57 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Sorry if I've offended you, this is certainly not my intention. That question was indeed rhetorical, and I asked it to point out that you and I obviously both come here to be open, transparent, and facilitate meaningful discussions. To that end, yes, I admit that we do not 100% follow the unified rules to the T.

However, when you disagree with something that's said, be it from a dev or other user, and continue to portray it in a biased light and state what you think to be facts that have indeed been refuted, then it really makes us stop wanting to interact with you and give you such detail. My point was that for all intents and purposes, I told you that the scoring behaves the way you want/expect it to for most players, but that it technically was not that way. Your reluctance to believe that, and persistence in attempting to vilify it makes me not want to give out such details, and instead just tell you the simple version.

So, for the last time, that particular deviation and any others that might exists are in no way a form of 'creative freedom' that we made because we disagreed with the rules. They are in place because unlike the real world, this is a video game, and players behave differently than fighters. The changes are there to protect users from each-other, and attempt to enforce realistic and authentic fighting while punishing the opposite.

You don't have to agree with that reasoning, but believe me when I say we don't do things on a whim. Being a game based on real world people and a real world sport, we strive to emulate that as much as possible. However, being a game, we do indeed have to make some changes.
Thank you for your response and no apology necessary. While I disagreed with the reason for the scoring logic I have always been polite and thanked you for your responses hence I didn't appreciate the, terse petulant nature of your reply.

Having said that I feel it's my prerogative to disagree with the logic behind certain decisions such as scoring blocked take downs and further ask questions such as if this scoring criteria is being ignored then what other ones are being ignored. My assumption is reasonable given you mentioned you don't follow the unified rules and at no point did you say that blocked take downs was the only scoring logic that was contrary to the unified rules. Not only did you not advise this was the only rules contrary to the unified rules you clearly implied others may not be followed by you statement " I cannot grantee we follow the unified rules" hence my assumption was more than reasonable.

I must say at no point did I not believe you or call you a liar. What I said was I disagreed with your reasoning for scoring blocked take downs given it contradicts the unified rules and there are already stamina and positions penalties for spamming take downs. Just because I stand by that point does not mean I am calling you a liar in any way or not believing you. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Your argument was the penalty is so small it won’t affect 2 or 3 take downs per round. This leads to other questions such as what about if I shoot 5 take downs per round or 6 take downs per round. At what point does shooting take downs because spam? Damian Maia easily shoots more than 3 take downs per round so at what point does it becomes spam and will be accumulatively significant in the game. Is it 5 or 6 or 7? This ambiguity could be easily avoided if the game followed the unified rules for scoring blocked take downs.

Your overall reasoning for taking creative liberties with the scoring to protect users makes sense but that doesn't mean the reasoning you have applied to those specific creative liberties also makes sense. I maintain it makes more sense to not score take downs for either fighters given the stamina and position penalties are already in place, it does not reflect the realism which you claim to strike to achieve and anyone that would lose to such a asinine game plan is probably losing to much worse spam like leg kick spam and 1 2 straight spam.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:03 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You would be wrong.
I honestly don't mean to be truculent as I am a big fan or your work and most of the changes that have been applied to the game such as the new ground game for EA UFC 2.

Can you advise if there are any other examples that contradict the unified rules on scoring? Alternatively if I am indeed wrong can you advise if this is the only example which contradicts the unified rules on scoring?

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-25-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:07 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Sarcasm has and will never be banned on this forum.
That’s a trick right to try and get me to be sarcastic. I have seen one of the mods tell someone that sarcasm is unhelpful and goes against the sites policy etc.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:29 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
That’s a trick right to try and get me to be sarcastic. I have seen one of the mods tell someone that sarcasm is unhelpful and goes against the sites policy etc.
LOL. Trick you? Read the terms of service. There is no ban on sarcasm. You cant use sarcasm to troll someone but the use of it alone isnt banned.

Half this site would be banned if that was the case.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #21
Just started!

Finally someone knows that the decisiona are totally messed up. And I just want to say this. Thanks to the community , they ruined this game for true MMA fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainbyday1
Thank you for your response and no apology necessary. While I disagreed with the reason for the scoring logic I have always been polite and thanked you for your responses hence I didn't appreciate the, terse petulant nature of your reply.

Having said that I feel it's my prerogative to disagree with the logic behind certain decisions such as scoring blocked take downs and further ask questions such as if this scoring criteria is being ignored then what other ones are being ignored. My assumption is reasonable given you mentioned you don't follow the unified rules and at no point did you say that blocked take downs was the only scoring logic that was contrary to the unified rules. Not only did you not advise this was the only rules contrary to the unified rules you clearly implied others may not be followed by you statement " I cannot grantee we follow the unified rules" hence my assumption was more than reasonable.

I must say at no point did I not believe you or call you a liar. What I said was I disagreed with your reasoning for scoring blocked take downs given it contradicts the unified rules and there are already stamina and positions penalties for spamming take downs. Just because I stand by that point does not mean I am calling you a liar in any way or not believing you. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Your argument was the penalty is so small it won’t affect 2 or 3 take downs per round. This leads to other questions such as what about if I shoot 5 take downs per round or 6 take downs per round. At what point does shooting take downs because spam? Damian Maia easily shoots more than 3 take downs per round so at what point does it becomes spam and will be accumulatively significant in the game. Is it 5 or 6 or 7? This ambiguity could be easily avoided if the game followed the unified rules for scoring blocked take downs.

Your overall reasoning for taking creative liberties with the scoring to protect users makes sense but that doesn't mean the reasoning you have applied to those specific creative liberties also makes sense. I maintain it makes more sense to not score take downs for either fighters given the stamina and position penalties are already in place, it does not reflect the realism which you claim to strike to achieve and anyone that would lose to such a asinine game plan is probably losing to much worse spam like leg kick spam and 1 2 straight spam.
I'm really not here to get into any personal debates, so this will be my last post on this thread/topic.

I never accused you of calling me a liar, but of making false statements out of assumptions. Those assumptions were refuted but you continued to spread them elsewhere as facts, therefore not believing me when I had previously said they were not correct. You've hurt no feelings here, so worry not. I'm just done trying to convince you, as you are more than welcome to have a differing opinion on the matter. However, I stand by the choices we've made, knowing what I do of the back end systems.

Now, as you pointed out previously, I can't divulge the entire nor exact nature of the scoring logic, as that would cause more harm than good. However, I can assure you that these exceptions are few and far between, possibly only 2-3 of them if that.

Enjoy the game as best you can knowing that we follow the unified rules as best we think we can, even if it's not 100%.

Skynet...out!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
I'm really not here to get into any personal debates, so this will be my last post on this thread/topic.

I never accused you of calling me a liar, but of making false statements out of assumptions. Those assumptions were refuted but you continued to spread them elsewhere as facts, therefore not believing me when I had previously said they were not correct. You've hurt no feelings here, so worry not. I'm just done trying to convince you, as you are more than welcome to have a differing opinion on the matter. However, I stand by the choices we've made, knowing what I do of the back end systems.

Now, as you pointed out previously, I can't divulge the entire nor exact nature of the scoring logic, as that would cause more harm than good. However, I can assure you that these exceptions are few and far between, possibly only 2-3 of them if that.

Enjoy the game as best you can knowing that we follow the unified rules as best we think we can, even if it's not 100%.

Skynet...out!
You may want to go back and read our exchanges. In our first exchange you didn't refute that there were other scoring logic examples which contradicted the unified rules. Your statement “I cannot guarantee we follow the unified rules" clearly implies there is in fact other scoring logic contradictions. You also just said in your last post there is possibly 2 or 3 other instances of the unified rules not being followed so I am not sure how you can say that I was spreading false information or that you clearly refuted my statement regarding there being other contradictions. You have clearly contradicted yourself so please stop accusing me of spreading false information. Even if you feel like they are in the game for a good reason they still contradict the unified rules hence my statement was accurate.

I understand you are asking the community to just trust you to make the right decision on scoring etc but given some of the other wacky mechanics in the game such as the straights having virtually the same speed as a jab, the lead body kick having almost as much power as the rear body kick and virtually no penalty for spamming dashes you can hardly blaming anyone for questioning things and not just accepting the moniker trust the DEV's we know what is best for you.

Last edited by trainbyday1; 08-25-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #24
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Hey Trainbyday1.

Relax bro.

Don't scare away the devs.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »