Home

How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

This is a discussion on How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 12:38 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I have a Tip on how to parry 100% that once shared, will most likely ruin the gam

Yeah parry is still too strong. Guys will walk forward with highbkock just parrying and not actuslly initiating with ANY of their own strikes. So annoying.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 AM   #74
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: I have a Tip on how to parry 100% that once shared, will most likely ruin the gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
Yeah parry is still too strong. Guys will walk forward with highbkock just parrying and not actuslly initiating with ANY of their own strikes. So annoying.
I don't think that applies to much here, cause if dudes are parrying every single strike I can't imagine them sitting on high block unless that's part of the exploit.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:08 AM   #75
Banned

Re: How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Such a small thing you seem to miss. No one is saying that Werdum/Duffee etc didn't get knocked out because he didn't bring his hand back to his face..

The point is after Werdum/Duffee hand got parried there was a window to hit his face since his hand was away from his guard- that window was extended by the parry by a split second, which was all Miocic and Mir needed and they capitalized- which again I said many times is rare but still happens enough irl and in high profile events.

Which is why I said it shouldn't be removed but just made much harder to time so it's not the go to defense in most cases. The parry should have entries into the clinch, reset, counter etc.
But that's not true

Both could've returned their hands to their guard especially if they had been throwing crisp strikes instead of sloppy ones.

A parry only deflects the strike to prevent damage. It doesnt stop someone from blocking or even throwing another strike( which is the reason both got caught, they were in mid swing)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 05:31 AM   #76
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

I know how to snap Mike Goldberg's neck and fight in the crowd, but I'm not going to tell you until I get the green-light. Thread seems pretty pointless if you're not going to reveal your trick.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:39 AM   #77
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I know how to snap Mike Goldberg's neck and fight in the crowd, but I'm not going to tell you until I get the green-light. Thread seems pretty pointless if you're not going to reveal your trick.
It's not pointless, because i am letting you know, there is a specific method to get a parry 100% if you know where it's going, despite you timing it or not, you will get it if you know where it's going it, if you use this trick.

I am waiting for the mods to let me know what to do, wether to say it to a dev or smth, i give it 1 more day, if noone replies i'll update my original message in this thread and post how to do it and what it is.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:24 AM   #78
Banned

Re: How to fix the Parry Issue. Give Strikes realistic Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
But that's not true

Both could've returned their hands to their guard especially if they had been throwing crisp strikes instead of sloppy ones.

A parry only deflects the strike to prevent damage. It doesnt stop someone from blocking or even throwing another strike( which is the reason both got caught, they were in mid swing)
EXACTLY.

Everything is split second. It takes the same amount of time for the parry-er to bring his arm back to punching position as it takes for the parried to bring his arm back to defending position. These guys getting clocked have to do with bad defensive fundamentals rather than being put in a hypnotic parry spell that prevented them from defending themselves against their will.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #79
Rookie

Bruh no one of the mods or game changers gives a damn. Just speak it out and stop seeking for attention or permission.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #80
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I merged the two parry threads together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »