Home

EA UFC 2 Has Officially Turned Into EA UFC 1 In Terms Of AI.

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 Has Officially Turned Into EA UFC 1 In Terms Of AI. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 2 Has Officially Turned Into EA UFC 1 In Terms Of AI.

Just like pro difficulty in EA UFC 1, in EA UFC 2, they turn into parry spamming gods....its super annoying and there has to be a way to make the AI challenging without turning the AI into parrying gods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
Banned

Re: EA UFC 2 Has Officially Turned Into EA UFC 1 In Terms Of AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Just like pro difficulty in EA UFC 1, in EA UFC 2, they turn into parry spamming gods....its super annoying and there has to be a way to make the AI challenging without turning the AI into parrying gods.
Absolutely disagree. I have TONS of videos to prove otherwise. I'm not saying that parrying is not annoying, but it's nowhere near EA UFC 1 levels.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

It may not be as bad as UFC 1, but it still sucks. On the high difficulty I watch the AI literally walk me down and try to parry fish alot when I throw strikes. Then even worse when you hurt the A.I. It goes into ultra parry god mode and parries at least 90% of your offense lol. I just hate how EA has put so much emphasis on parrying in this game as if it's the best tool of defense fighters use or something. I strongly believe the parries where put in place to help the noobs and players that suck though...press a button and parry and strike for a huge damaging counter strike. It's a stright simple system to help noobs and garbage players create easy rewarding offense on the feet. Imo, the parry system in this game sucks and is not done correctly. There have been many good ideas given by players to improve it, but EA keeps choosing the noobs path to parrying. They either need to do it right or get rid of it and if they were to get rid of it, it would expose the good players from the trash players for sure...at least on the feet.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
It may not be as bad as UFC 1, but it still sucks. On the high difficulty I watch the AI literally walk me down and try to parry fish alot when I throw strikes. Then even worse when you hurt the A.I. It goes into ultra parry god mode and parries at least 90% of your offense lol. I just hate how EA has put so much emphasis on parrying in this game as if it's the best tool of defense fighters use or something. I strongly believe the parries where put in place to help the noobs and players that suck though...press a button and parry and strike for a huge damaging counter strike. It's a stright simple system to help noobs and garbage players create easy rewarding offense on the feet. Imo, the parry system in this game sucks and is not done correctly. There have been many good ideas given by players to improve it, but EA keeps choosing the noobs path to parrying. They either need to do it right or get rid of it and if they were to get rid of it, it would expose the good players from the trash players for sure...at least on the feet.
I HATE the parries as much as anyone and have suggested numerous times for it to be removed for the hooks and uppercuts. Still, it's nowhere close to how bad it was in the original. I am guessing that you are "combo-minded" and approach this game with a combo, formulaic approach, as in "this is a great combo and it does an X amount of damage." If you play that way the CPU will frustrate you. I try to play as realistically as possible and though the parries are still annoying as heck, the CPU (on pro difficulty) doesn't "walk me down" with parries. Again, devs, if you are reading this, PLEASE REMOVE THE PARRIES FOR THE HOOKS AND UPPERCUTS. It makes sense, admit it. At any rate, below are some videos I picked randomly from my playlist. Gauge for yourself how bad the parrying is. These were all on pro difficulty after the latest patch.

Philippou vs Mousasi (me playing as Philippou):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5wE...tOLy5082NEgFPR

Garbrandt vs. Sterling (me as Garbrandt):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLy9...NEgFPR&index=5

Here's a longer fight, Latifi vs Blachowicz (me as Latifi); This fight went the distance and I counted a total of 7 parries in 3 rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS1D...EgFPR&index=19

Last edited by fighterforjc; 08-23-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Don't get me wrong...it's definitely not as bad as UFC 1. I agree with that. But it's still a horrible representation of how parrying really is in the sport. It's risk/reward and the reward is not always a gigantic one like the game makes it seem. However, the risk is always pretty huge. And as far as playing styles go, i'm quite the opposite from the combo players...I play sim and play towards my fighters strengths, while trying to avoid their weaknesses. I easily beat the AI on pro, but the parrying is just annoying..especially once you hurt them and they click on the "parry all" button lol. I like the idea of removing them for hooks and uppercuts though. Just removing it for those strikes alone would be a huge game changer.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-23-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

God I wish. It is a bit better though.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Don't get me wrong...it's definitely not as bad as UFC 1. I agree with that. But it's still a horrible representation of how parrying really is in the sport. It's risk/reward and the reward is not always a gigantic one like the game makes it seem. However, the risk is always pretty huge. And as far as playing styles go, i'm quite the opposite from the combo players...I play sim and play towards my fighters strengths, while trying to avoid their weaknesses. I easily beat the AI on pro, but the parrying is just annoying..especially once you hurt them and they click on the "parry all" button lol. I like the idea of removing them for hooks and uppercuts though. Just removing it for those strikes alone would be a huge game changer.
Could differ between A.I. opponents but the two KO videos I posted had neither CPU fighter go on "parry all" mode. Still, I agree that the parries in the game are not realistic by any means. Parrying is purely a defensive move. You don't knock someone's arm out of the park in real life with parries. It takes the same amount of time for the parry-er to get back into punching position as it takes for the parried fighter to get back into defending position. Parrying does NOT create openings during which the parried fighter is unable to defend himself.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Exactly. I wish it was implemented correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »