Home

Not enough punishment!

This is a discussion on Not enough punishment! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not enough punishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
i agree with this for sure

but THIS is even a bigger problem IMO ----

I would love nothing more than to take Johny Hendricks or Yoel Romero and drag someone around the mat for a few rounds, gas the **** out of them, then finish them standing (or with ground n pound) when i have a huge stamina advantage.

Right now, only way to try and gain stamina advantage is standup --- it aint right !
Boiler! My man! You can grind the crap out of you're opponents stamina on the Ground, & in the Clinch.

I do it all the time.

Every denial on the Ground & Clinch permanently drains your opponents stamina. So just find a powerful position and deny everything your opponent does. At the start of next round you'll have a major stamina advantage already. Do this for a few rounds and you'll have almost full stamina, with the opponent only left with just a sliver.

I love doing this to doods in Quick Fight with GSP. Just wrestle F-ing the crap out of them.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

ehhh I mean you CAN do it, it's just not easy to use as a 'real' gameplan lol

And if I was just going to stay in a dominant position and deny them all day....why do that when I can just go for the quick finish?

Here's a quick scenario.

I'm Johny Hendricks, he's Stephen Thompson (let's ignore the result of their real fight please )

Against someone with similar skill level as me...my best (and perhaps only) hope would be to get a stamina advantage over Thompson.

In real life --- this would mean clinch and ground work all day long to wear him out

In game --- I'm much more confident in being able to gain a substantial stamina advantage over him by *keeping it standing* and making him miss modified strikes, while I work the body. This leads to a much greater stamina drain, than if I had him clinched up the entire first round (or even held top position most of the time on the ground

Another example --- there are guys I beat the crap out of on the ground/in the clinch in round 1 --- when round 2 comes up, we're both have like 95% stamina! Maybe I have like 96% he has like 93%. A difference? Sure. But considering I just spent 5 minutes denying him; GnP the crap out of him; getting a few power takedowns, etc --- that difference is very very small.

Comparing that hypothetical round to a 'real' UFC match --- the guy would come out in round 2 to have like 80% stamina compared to my 90% stamina.

Now...all this said, doesn't mean I will only stand w/ Thompson of course!...while I might be able to gain a slight stamina advantage over time, I'll also be playing with Fire.

So I will probably totally give up on the gameplan of wearing down his stamina; and instead, try to go for the GnP TKO.

So yes, you can definitely grind people out for victory in this game but it's a grinding out with the main objective being to get the finish; secondary objective is to get your opponent frustrated....a very distant third objective = actually sapping opponent's in-game stamina.

those are all very legitimate objectives! It's just that sapping an opponent's in-game stamina is wayyyy below where it needs to be, IMO.

Hopefully this all makes sense lol....

If I ragdoll someone for a round or two; I want there to be a major consequence to their stamina. Right now...really isn't one...and if they're bad enough for me to just deny them 20x per round to build a stamina advantage....well, i probably finished them anyway lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 08-25-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #11
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Totally makes sense. I see where you coming from with the, "you could just finish them, if you're denying them"

My play style is just weird I guess.

My entire gameplan/ style is to play incredibly patiently, make my opponent miss, grind them on the ground, etc, with the sole intention of gaining a massive stamina advantage.

I play only 5 round fights also, to give myself more time to wear my opponent out.

I'd say 75% of the fights I win, are in later rounds, with me having a HUGE stamina advantage over my opponents.

I have a lot of people just quit on me though. Either from "running" too much, or if i'm denying them too much on the ground. Most people don't like being grinded out, and not finished. Lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with both points especially the ground part. I spend most of my fights on the ground and in clinch and rarely do I see my or the opponents stamina drained. Good opponents aren't going to keep spamming transitions from the bottom to give you the chance to drain them. They will move right when u pinch or do quick fakes. You will get some stops but not enough to drain them. Giluys who aren't good you stop 2 transitions and sub out in no time. I win the majority of my fights by submission in the first few minutes and normally with my first sub attempt. They did get that right, drained opponents are so easy to sub as they should be. But a failed sub should cause more drain the guy trying to sub. It's almost a no lose situation doing subs.

The only time I see guys Bruning stamina in the stand up is when they use alot of spinning kicks. Connor is a guy who always burns out when I play him because the user is always spamming kicks. Two spin kicks and he's out of stsmina, just clinch and one elbow or knee sends him to mat. Just pounce on him and go for quick sub and he's toast everytime. If he makes it a round his perm stamina is around 75 percent for second round.

Game would be much more risk reward for the button masher if stAmina was a bigger factor. How many fights do you see fighters throw 5 or 6 in a row and not need a breather for a few seconds. Right now I get so many stomach punch spammers it's like it's all they know how to do.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Right now I get so many stomach punch spammers it's like it's all they know how to do.
Yup.

Drives my insane.

So many people just spam body jab-straights constantly.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #14
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
I agree with both points especially the ground part. I spend most of my fights on the ground and in clinch and rarely do I see my or the opponents stamina drained. Good opponents aren't going to keep spamming transitions from the bottom to give you the chance to drain them. They will move right when u pinch or do quick fakes. You will get some stops but not enough to drain them. Giluys who aren't good you stop 2 transitions and sub out in no time. I win the majority of my fights by submission in the first few minutes and normally with my first sub attempt. They did get that right, drained opponents are so easy to sub as they should be. But a failed sub should cause more drain the guy trying to sub. It's almost a no lose situation doing subs.

The only time I see guys Bruning stamina in the stand up is when they use alot of spinning kicks. Connor is a guy who always burns out when I play him because the user is always spamming kicks. Two spin kicks and he's out of stsmina, just clinch and one elbow or knee sends him to mat. Just pounce on him and go for quick sub and he's toast everytime. If he makes it a round his perm stamina is around 75 percent for second round.

Game would be much more risk reward for the button masher if stAmina was a bigger factor. How many fights do you see fighters throw 5 or 6 in a row and not need a breather for a few seconds. Right now I get so many stomach punch spammers it's like it's all they know how to do.
preach sir preach!
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 08-31-2016, 12:16 AM   #15
Rookie

THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED NOW. This is a poor excuse for a simulation fighting game. Tekken is more realistic than this! I refuse to believe that these are the same devs responsible for making FNC.

Why hasn't a movement/footwork penalty for low stamina been added yet?

Why is the hit stun atrocious?

Why is grappling so slow and lacking fluidity? This feels like a turn based game.

I've played every Fight Night from EA and every Undisputed game from THQ. This is by far THE WORST fighting simulator I've ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 08:59 AM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED NOW. This is a poor excuse for a simulation fighting game. Tekken is more realistic than this! I refuse to believe that these are the same devs responsible for making FNC.

Why hasn't a movement/footwork penalty for low stamina been added yet?

Why is the hit stun atrocious?

Why is grappling so slow and lacking fluidity? This feels like a turn based game.

I've played every Fight Night from EA and every Undisputed game from THQ. This is by far THE WORST fighting simulator I've ever played.
idk i really thought that the first THQ game was total garbage lol

this game still takes a lot of skills and tactics, some of which are 'real life tactics' --- but yea I hope they push it more and more towards sim, they've been doing so IMO...it just takes a little while because what they started with (UFC 1) was 110% arcade lol
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »