Home

If you're like me and will get the X-Scorpio, will you get UFC 3 if it's still 30 fps

This is a discussion on If you're like me and will get the X-Scorpio, will you get UFC 3 if it's still 30 fps within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

OVR: 0
If you're like me and will get the X-Scorpio, will you get UFC 3 if it's still 30 fps

As a gamer who's almost strictly PC because of how important game immersion and fluidity is for me (which basically means I have to max out every game at 60fps+ preferably 144fps to take full advantage of my 1440p 144hz G sync monitor, and if it doesn't reach 144fps i'll plug it into my 4k TV and enjoy it differently), it's hard for me and my friends to go back to what feels like pre-previous gen gaming on Xbox One and PS4 at 30fps not to mention the sometimes lower resolution than your TV's native res which makes everything look much worse and muddy, and so far it sounds like UFC 3 has to be 30fps on all consoles because of online play.

Which means that when UFC 3 comes out for the less hardware limited PS4 pro and Xbox Scorpio, it will play like it does on the current consoles........ that's a big enough problem for me, because god knows how many hairs I pulled over how slow and clunky UFC 1 and 2 felt, even at the goddamn fighter selection screen you have to give it time to show up the stats, and you have to wait after each button input because you'd always think the button hasn't been input because it takes a second until it starts to animate anything in the game so you'd accidentally do things twice like accidentally kicking twice and depleting your stamina further, or anything in the main menu etc

Will you guys still buy UFC 3 on next gen consoles if it's still limited to 30fps?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: If you're like me and will get the X-Scorpio, will you get UFC 3 if it's still 30

Yes, I will.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Re: If you're like me and will get the X-Scorpio, will you get UFC 3 if it's still 30

You should've opened a poll. No I definitely will not buy UFC 3 if it's 30fps, and based on the lack of fighter likeness, broken offline experience and general clumsyness and slowness of UFC 2 after all the time they had after UFC 1, there are more reasons for me to not get UFC 3 after UFC 1 and 2.

For me, 60fps is a standard now and I wish it wasn't so that I could enjoy the good aspects of UFC 2 right now but I too am a hardcore PC gamer like yourself and I cannot bring myself to be able to enjoy PS4 unless I'm playing The Last of Us or MKX. I bought Destiny and can't play it (my fault, I should've made sure it's 60fps)

I really wish that everyone would forget PS4 and Xbox one but not everyone has 400 dollars to spend on a way better gaming experience smh......
Old 09-08-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I am also a PC gamer mainly. I only got a ps4 last summer, for EA UFC 1 and for when the Uncharted 4 was about to release and to rent and play some of the playstation exclusives that i liked in my ps3. So i have no intrest in upgrading my PS4 to PS4 pro. I only got it for the exclusives, i knew i was getting a downgraded gaming experience compared to my PC, when i got my ps4.

That said, this forum is filled with MMA fans and MMA Video-game fans. If there is only 1 mma game out there in the market and EA has the monopoly on it, i fail to see how we have any other choice on the matter.

The internet threats "I won't buy it if you don't do this." never scared them and they never will , especially when they have the monopoly on a specific genre of realistic fighting.

If there was any other game out there, i wouldn't even buy EA UFC 2, but i know i need my MMA Video-game fix, so i got it and best i can do for the things i don't like about it, is boycott em and point out their flaws, in hopes of improving something in it or it's future iterations.

I am not really that mad at EA UFC's 2 flaws, broken game mechanics and lacking feutures. Even with them, the game is still fun when it plays out as it's mean to play out.

I am more mad at the fact that EA has the monopoly on the realistic fighting games market, by owning the UFC rights and it gives me this hopelessness feeling about the EA UFC series and MMA video-games in general as far as how low they can set the bar and get away with it, due to the lack of competition. That's what really gets to me with these series.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-08-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Yup, I will.

I blink a lot like Rumble anyways so I probably wouldn't even notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Well the devs already explained a million times its gonna be 30fps.....

Might as well lock this thread up as there is no point to it.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Well the devs already explained a million times its gonna be 30fps.....

Might as well lock this thread up as there is no point to it.
For ufc 3?
Old 09-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
For ufc 3?
They havent confirmed anything for UFC 3. ****, they havent even confirmed there is a game.

They have stated why they prefer 30FPS and why they feel 60FPS is less important for this series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »