Home

Issue re: Clinch Against Cage

This is a discussion on Issue re: Clinch Against Cage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Issue re: Clinch Against Cage

This weekend I was fighting in the LEC.

At one point, a guy had me pinned against the cage; but I ended up draining his stamina to nearly 0% by blocking a strike, then denying a transition.

"He has 10% stamina and I have 90%+ stamina" --- I thought to myself --- "I should be able to easily reverse him against the cage; or at least transition to a more dominant position; with impunity."

Not only because I should have some GA from earlier...*but most importantly*...because he has no stamina and I'm at full!!!

Not so fast. As I try to transition --- he punches me in the head; which interrupts my transition. I try to transition again, and catch a knee. I try to power-through for a third time (I still had a huge stamina advantage) --- his strike connects a third time and interrupts my transition.

In general, i like this mechanic. Against the cage, any strike can stop your transition (whereas in the center of the cage, only knees stop transitions). That's cool! You get an advantage for putting your opponent's back against the cage. I like it.

But...when person against the cage has 100% stamina, and the other fighter has < 20% stamina...person against the cage should be able to do just about whatever they want in terms of gaining position or breaking the clinch.

(especially if it's even stats....sure if it's Khabib or DC or something, against a scrub, maybe a little different....but in LEC all stats were normalized of course)

thoughts on this; or clinch against cage in general?
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 09-12-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Issue re: Clinch Against Cage

Sorry Boiler, not to keep riding your threads here, but if you successfully denied and blocked his punches and transitions, you had a window to transition without getting stopped by a strike. You have to move right after the deny or blocked strike. Single collar against the cage is like a mini game within. If your opponent is really patient and doesn't want to allow you to block a strike and reverse him against the cage, you need to fake and block. I like to just wait it out to either block a strike or deny a transition than move. It's not a position I find myself in unless I get reversed after clinching someone against the cage.

Last edited by Evil97; 09-12-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Sorry Boiler, not to keep riding your threads here, but if you successfully denied and blocked his punches and transitions, you had a window to transition without getting stopped by a strike. You have to move right after the deny or blocked strike. Single collar against the cage is like a mini game within. If your opponent is really patient and doesn't want to allow you to block a strike and reverse him against the cage, you need to fake and block. I like to just wait it out to either block a strike or deny a transition than move. It's not a position I find myself in unless I get reversed after clinching someone against the cage.
yea good points for sure

and I almost always follow this procedure perfectly; to escape

But this time I was like....screw procedure! I have full stamina, he has 0%, let's just power through!!!!....which didn't work so well lol

If he had 50% stam and i had 100%; or I had 60% and he had 20% --- sure --- but when I have about 100% and he has about 0%...that's where the mini-game overcomes common sense

I mean, in the end, I ended up reversing him, and messing him up bad so it wasn't a big deal

but during/afterwards....I was just like...wow...I can't believe I couldn't push him off of me or even transition to over/under from single collar, even with 100% stamina advantage over opponent... grapple advantage be damned! lol
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 09-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
Rookie

I ended up like 200th in last LEC so I ain't no expert, but this mechanics allows holding opponent for whole rounds on cage and some people do that a lot
Old 09-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
I ended up like 200th in last LEC so I ain't no expert, but this mechanics allows holding opponent for whole rounds on cage and some people do that a lot
yea it's kind of lame.

There is a pretty easy way out. If they have very low stamina; it should be pretty easy for you to block one of their strikes, then transition or reverse off the cage.

But still. If i have 80%+ stamina and they have <20% stamina --- I should just be able to power right through any strikes they throw, no questions asked

it's sorta like this on the ground and other clinch positions; I can understand the threshold being different when your back is against the cage (i.e. harder to get away) --- but still
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »