Home

Brunson's KO of Uriah Hall: The ultimate "anti-parry"

This is a discussion on Brunson's KO of Uriah Hall: The ultimate "anti-parry" within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Brunson's KO of Uriah Hall: The ultimate "anti-parry"

Maybe someone can post a gif of the KO earlier tonight. Uriah Hall parries Brunson's left, then Brunson immediately comes back with that same left and starches Uriah Hall with it. According to EA Sports UFC 2, Brunson should've been "stunned" by Hall's parry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Brunson's KO of Uriah Hall: The ultimate "anti-parry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterforjc
Maybe someone can post a gif of the KO earlier tonight. Uriah Hall parries Brunson's left, then Brunson immediately comes back with that same left and starches Uriah Hall with it. According to EA Sports UFC 2, Brunson should've been "stunned" by Hall's parry.
Seriously, there is a parry thread. Stuns are everywhere in the game, if you feel the need to single out parry consistently there is a thread for that.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ngs-parry.html
Old 09-18-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
MVP

That was more of Brunson intercepting Hall as he was trying to strike. Hall didn't even parry Brunson, he was trying to paw and hand trap Brunson which isn't even in the game. Doesn't mean I like the stuns in the game either but as Dave mentioned it's not restricted to parries, the combo hit stuns were worse. The parries should work like they do in the Miocic-Werdum gif where they are still moving through the parry and it isn't static.

Brunson caught Hall square on the chin as Hall was trying to throw an uppercut with his own left and Hall practically moved into the shot circling into it.

e:

Another thing Brunson did was feint a hook (or strike cancel/technique pull) and come up with a straight/short hook that's something not in the game either that would be a good patch add. Like the kick feint is a knee/teep feint and a roundhouse kick feint. There should be the equilvalent for punches with uppercut and hook feints+ extended feints that can function as pawing to probe, and post head & hand control etc.

Last edited by johnmangala; 09-19-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #4
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
That was more of Brunson intercepting Hall as he was trying to strike. Hall didn't even parry Brunson, he was trying to paw and hand trap Brunson which isn't even in the game. Doesn't mean I like the stuns in the game either but as Dave mentioned it's not restricted to parries, the combo hit stuns were worse. The parries should work like they do in the Miocic-Werdum gif where they are still moving through the parry and it isn't static.

Brunson caught Hall square on the chin as Hall was trying to throw an uppercut with his own left and Hall practically moved into the shot circling into it.

e:

Another thing Brunson did was feint a hook (or strike cancel/technique pull) and come up with a straight that's something not in the game either that would be a good patch add. Like the kick feint is a knee/teep feint and a roundhouse kick feint. There should be the equilvalent for punches with uppercut and hook feints+ extended feints that can function as pawing to probe, and post head & hand control etc.
No he clearly was trying to parry with his right hand. Parrying is deviating a strike before it lands, which I'm sure is what fighterforjc is talking about.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
MVP

I didn't type he didn't try to parry, I wrote he didn't parry. Brunson's left hand wasn't touched at all during that. Brunson feinted a hook, Hall tried to time a parry with his right and missed and tried to paw his jab and trap Brunson's right and do sorta like what Rumble did with the uppercut; but Brunson capitalized on the opening off the feint sorta like what Woodley did against Lawler.

This is exactly how it should translate into the game, hopefully the final patch will incorporate this with pawing arm traps and technique pull/strike cancels etc

Last edited by johnmangala; 09-19-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #6
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Hall didn't even parry Brunson, he was trying to paw and hand trap Brunson which isn't even in the game.
..But that's with the left hand. He was attempting to parry with the right hand is what I'm saying. What you're insinuating with this passage is that he wasn't even trying to parry at all.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #7
MVP

Again. I did not type he didn't try to parry with his right hand. I am typing he did not parry Brunson's left. Brunson's left hand was not touched at all, he timed a feint and Hall missed the parry. Therefore the point of a parry stunning Brunson is moot, how can Brunson be stunned by anything if Hall missed actually making any contact with Brunson's left hand to push it away or anything.

Last edited by johnmangala; 09-19-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Again. I did not type he didn't try to parry with his right hand. I am typing he did not parry Brunson's left. Brunson's left hand was not touched at all, he timed a feint and Hall missed the parry. Therefore the point of a parry stunning Brunson is moot, how can Brunson be stunned by anything if Hall missed actually making any contact with Brunson's left hand to push it away or anything.
It might not have touched, but the parry attempt worked relatively the same as it would have if it had. A parry does not stun a opponent in any way, what it does is simply deviate or stop a strike from the impact it should of had and makes you open to a counter strike due to your guard not having comeback. That's why a parry should only give you enough time to pop in a straight or a jab, which in all honesty is what you see the most in real life.

After Uriah attempted to parry Brunson's left, if only he hadn't hesitated you can see a opportunity where he could have popped in his straight right away while Brunson was in a square stance and his guard down. His hesitation, or him having taken too long and Brunson having recuperated his balance/stance, or having reset in another word, is what caused the knockdown.

Parries are waaay too forgiving in this game, I think that was point of the thread in the first place even though the exemple wasn't the best.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »