Home

I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

This is a discussion on I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 09:22 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

Absolute rubbish the AI is way better now even better than undisputed 3 which i found easy after a while,i can lose on NORMAL difficulty sometimes in EA UFC 2 since the AI has been greatly improved.
No wonder the general public regards forums of this like as complete and utter nonsense with so many untruths spoken,in its current state the offline in EA UFC 2 is the best there has ever been in a mma game, and i for one thought the AI was weak when released but now i have no complaints,thank you EA for such a great job with the patch updates.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #18
Pro

Re: I'm sorry but releasing a game with such a broken main offline mode is not okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Absolute rubbish the AI is way better now even better than undisputed 3 which i found easy after a while,i can lose on NORMAL difficulty sometimes in EA UFC 2 since the AI has been greatly improved.
No wonder the general public regards forums of this like as complete and utter nonsense with so many untruths spoken,in its current state the offline in EA UFC 2 is the best there has ever been in a mma game, and i for one thought the AI was weak when released but now i have no complaints,thank you EA for such a great job with the patch updates.
What are you talking about? The AI is dumb as rocks, what it does is entirely random and the only difficulty comes from how it decides to react to your button inputs, which makes them parry gods. The AI has no strategy, no stamina management and no grappling whatsoever. It can deny the most complicated fakes yet lets you through when you spam the same transition 7 times in a row. Sure, the AI is better than UD3s AI, but that's not exactly a tough act to follow.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #19
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Let me ask you a question, if I sold you a toaster for 60 bucks and it caught on fire the first time you use it, so then I come over and pour some water on it so there's less fire and walk away, would you thank me for that? (The toaster's still unusable and i'm walking away with your 60 bucks, but hey I did try)
Old 10-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
Let me ask you a question, if I sold you a toaster for 60 bucks and it caught on fire the first time you use it, so then I come over and pour some water on it so there's less fire and walk away, would you thank me for that? (The toaster's still unusable and i'm walking away with your 60 bucks, but hey I did try)
That analogy doesnt totally work. I agree that the toaster was on fire (the AI at retail was wayyyy too easy and subpar). But the changes through the patches not only puts out the fire but makes it usable again. Now is it the best toaster in the world (hell no) but it works.

Here is a list of some of the changes that the dev team did to the AI during the patch process:

Improved AI defense on Pro level - Anyone who played the game at release will see a significant change when it comes to the AI's defense. Some people love how it was implemented and some people dont. I think that its a bit parry heavy at times but people (on OS especially) were demanding that the AI's striking defense return to the level it was on Pro in UFC 1. The AI was a parry god on UFC 1.

Stamina Management - The AI would gas regularly and would throw 6,7,8 strike combos with no regard for its stamina at release. That no longer exists. You rarely see the AI gas anymore and if it does its more related to the stamina of the actual fighter than tactics by the AI.

Fighter differentiation - My biggest disappointment when it came to the AI at release was that many fighters fought the same. You would fight Joanna and she would shoot for takedowns. Demian Maia would be content kickboxing even if he was clearly better than his opponent on the ground. That changed during the patches. If you fight Joanna now, she will not attempt takedowns. Demian is more active in looking for takedowns and in going for subs than he was at release.

My hope is that with the next game this is expanded. Cormier and Chael Sonnen are both wrestlers but the way they take someone down is different. Cormier is content to grind people on the cage and take them down from their while Chael is more likely to shoot for a double leg. In UFC 2, there is no difference between them when it comes to gameplans.

Now I'm just talking about the AI. The modes around it need to be improved alot. Career mode needs to take some major steps this year. They need to implement a Universe mode. More options and presentation for custom events.

The focus has and will likely remain online but we have to make our voices heard in order to show EA that offline players make up a good amount of this community and need significant improvements just like online players.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'll buy this game when they offer a Managers Mode of some kind.
I want a lot of depth. I want to build a stable of fighters with static attributes and take them as high as they can go.
This should attract more talent that want to be managed by me.
I'd also like:
- dieting and nutritional components
- various personalities - some hate to train, others train too much.
- start from the bottom by producing small, local shows building regional interest, hoping to build my fighters into national attractions.
At this point, the UFC, Strikeforce, etc, start approaching me to add one of my fighters to their promotion.
- injuries; shorterm and longterm
- weekly wrap-up show.

There is soooo much potential for combat sports such as MMA and boxing for this kind of thing.
It's so unique compared to team sports where it's simply trade/draft, go through the schedule, wash-rinse-repeat.

It's high time someone gave us a career mode that wasn't equal to what Evander Holyfield boxing offered in 1991.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #22
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
They have the most ridiculous, unrealistic hair choices out of any character creation I've used in a game. All the faces make you look like a ****in Martian even with the face sculpting. The only thing they changed from last years character creation was face sculpting and more tats that you can freely move around (which should have already been in the game). They still have the same mouthpieces and the same god awful hair from last year. They need to re create the character creator to where there is ALOT more customization than this year's... I am extremely disappointed still.
I gotta agree with this one. We desperately need some better hair options.

This is supposed to be next gen. Why is their only like 15 hair options? Shoot, even just giving us access to roster fighter hair styles doubles the options available.

We need more hair.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 10-16-2016, 07:16 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That analogy doesnt totally work. I agree that the toaster was on fire (the AI at retail was wayyyy too easy and subpar). But the changes through the patches not only puts out the fire but makes it usable again. Now is it the best toaster in the world (hell no) but it works.

Here is a list of some of the changes that the dev team did to the AI during the patch process:

Improved AI defense on Pro level - Anyone who played the game at release will see a significant change when it comes to the AI's defense. Some people love how it was implemented and some people dont. I think that its a bit parry heavy at times but people (on OS especially) were demanding that the AI's striking defense return to the level it was on Pro in UFC 1. The AI was a parry god on UFC 1.

Stamina Management - The AI would gas regularly and would throw 6,7,8 strike combos with no regard for its stamina at release. That no longer exists. You rarely see the AI gas anymore and if it does its more related to the stamina of the actual fighter than tactics by the AI.

Fighter differentiation - My biggest disappointment when it came to the AI at release was that many fighters fought the same. You would fight Joanna and she would shoot for takedowns. Demian Maia would be content kickboxing even if he was clearly better than his opponent on the ground. That changed during the patches. If you fight Joanna now, she will not attempt takedowns. Demian is more active in looking for takedowns and in going for subs than he was at release.

My hope is that with the next game this is expanded. Cormier and Chael Sonnen are both wrestlers but the way they take someone down is different. Cormier is content to grind people on the cage and take them down from their while Chael is more likely to shoot for a double leg. In UFC 2, there is no difference between them when it comes to gameplans.

Now I'm just talking about the AI. The modes around it need to be improved alot. Career mode needs to take some major steps this year. They need to implement a Universe mode. More options and presentation for custom events.

The focus has and will likely remain online but we have to make our voices heard in order to show EA that offline players make up a good amount of this community and need significant improvements just like online players.
Those things were all necessary, but the AI still doesn't understand distance and range at all. To beat it you just have to stay right outside its range, wait for it to throw a strike and whiff, and punish it. Over and over. It's incredibly boring.

I'm worried that offline is in a death spiral now because they're going to look at the analytics from UFC 2 and see that not a lot of people played offline (because it was terrible) and put fewer resources in it next time to give online more resources. They desperately need more resources for offline, both AI and career/whatever else they decide to do mode, not fewer.

UFC 3 is going to be the first UFC game since Undisputed 1 I don't buy on release. I just don't trust them after this year to put out a quality single player game. And I friggin love UFC videogames so this really hurts.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Those things were all necessary, but the AI still doesn't understand distance and range at all. To beat it you just have to stay right outside its range, wait for it to throw a strike and whiff, and punish it. Over and over. It's incredibly boring.

I'm worried that offline is in a death spiral now because they're going to look at the analytics from UFC 2 and see that not a lot of people played offline (because it was terrible) and put fewer resources in it next time to give online more resources. They desperately need more resources for offline, both AI and career/whatever else they decide to do mode, not fewer.

UFC 3 is going to be the first UFC game since Undisputed 1 I don't buy on release. I just don't trust them after this year to put out a quality single player game. And I friggin love UFC videogames so this really hurts.
This is true at times but I'd argue that it somewhat depends on the matchup and the person. That approach doesnt work for me with every fighter. I'd also argue that average players like me will find the AI on Pro more difficult than most.

I dont think there will be fewer resources for the next game when it comes to offline. I cant say of there will be more but I can say that the dev team is aware that offline needs significant improvements.

The good news is that the team wont be starting from scratch with the AI (like they pretty much were with UFC 2) and based on some of the threads here that devs have posted in it appears that there will be some kind of focus on career mode. They can build on the AI and hopefully make it better. Also the hope is that sliders will be in some form with a potential next game.

The bad news is based on the those same threads it doesnt look like their is a good chance we are going to get a universe mode or anything similar in a new game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »