Home

Live Event Competition this weekend

This is a discussion on Live Event Competition this weekend within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Live Event Competition this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Do most of you realize this is still a game?
It was a competition to win $5,000 for 1st and $2,500 for 2nd? Even with nothing on the line, don't see anything wrong with anybody taking it serious or not. People get more serious about stuff like TV or their favorite sports team, and those are completely hands off.

Last edited by Evil97; 11-15-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #42
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
It was a competition to win $5,000 for 1st and $2,500 for 2nd? Even with nothing on the line, don't see anything wrong with anybody taking it serious or not. People get more serious about stuff like TV or their favorite sports team, and those are completely hands off.
I've no problem with people taking it serious but do they really have to go and slag each other off? I'm godlike at Nba 2k yet you don't see me in that forum being a cocky lil *****.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I've no problem with people taking it serious but do they really have to go and slag each other off? I'm godlike at Nba 2k yet you don't see me in that forum being a cocky lil *****.
Welcome to the MMA gaming community. lol. It was really a hot mess over at the old EA Forums.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #44
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
There is NOTHING to be done about beng stuck there with Alvarez. He has NOTHING. the usual ways out wont work when the person on top is perfectly happy to sit here throwing baby strikes, not attacking or passing, or going for subs.
Yeah, it seems that equalized stats don't really help much with such move set disparities. Conor has arm traps and the momentum transition switch sweep to half guard, but Eddie really does have nothing.

One guy has some hooks and uppercuts, and the other guy has hooks, uppercuts and everything else you could imagine.

Of course, one time I looked at the leaderboard and 9 of the top 10 used Eddie, so... what do I know?

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #45
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I don't think having a buddy or 2 lose on purpose when you randomly get matched up is going to hold much water. Unless there is more to it that I'm missing.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure how it would work either. But the limit of my imagination does not mean it's impossible.

I do hope that if there were shenanigans, the devs would be able to figure it out and disqualify all appropriate parties. And I hope we hear about it.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 07:55 PM   #46
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generative James
Yeah, it seems that equalized stats don't really help much with such move set disparities. Conor has arm traps and the momentum transition switch sweep to half guard, but Eddie really does have nothing.

One guy has some hooks and uppercuts, and the other guy has hooks, uppercuts and everything else you could imagine.

Of course, one time I looked at the leaderboard and 9 of the top 10 used Eddie, so... what do I know?
Eddie in LEC had better striking than Conor. He also has a power TD and stacked guard.

But he has no reversals off his back, which imo is a deal breaker and why Conor was a better choice.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #47
Rookie

All i know is that whoever runs into me....ranked, UT, or LEC is going to get these hands no doubt about that! Chumps... Oh yea, and PS4 > XBOX
Old 11-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaNe_AraBB
All i know is that whoever runs into me....ranked, UT, or LEC is going to get these hands no doubt about that! Chumps... Oh yea, and PS4 > XBOX
Everyone here is very intimidated by you. Please stop scaring the community.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »