Home

About the parry spam

This is a discussion on About the parry spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #25
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: About the parry spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I still believe parries can be implemented properly.

Strikes like Jabs should be near impossible to parry
(kind of like how impossible it is to block the rubber guard currently )

But there should be cases like this For example: If a fighter starts all of their exchanges with a jab and becomes too predictable, the game should lower the jab parry window to make them blockable.

Or if does too many jabs, the opponent depending on his timing intelligence stat, should be able to get the opponent's timing and parry some strikes easier the more mistakes or the more an opponent uses a specific strike.
Except a jab is the strike that gets parried the most often in all combat sports..

It's all about giving the right amount of counter window. A jab should give you way less time to pull off a counter than say, a push kick (seen in the gif from Haz on the 3rd page, which is a awesome gif by the way, one of my favorite combinations)

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 11-27-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #26
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch
I think fishingtime your right the parrys need to be taken out completely because like for example I fought this guy online jfb renegade all he does is spam the hell out of parrys and it makes me not want to play the game it wouldn't matter if I mix up my strikes anything he would see he would parry like I would throw 1 strike then the 2nd he would parry even leg kicks so yeah parrys need to be out in ufc 3 hopefully ea makes this happen
A parry spammer in a 5 rounds fight is dead due to the fact he will loose stamina each time missing parry. use your footwork, irritated him, he will not be able to parry you if you dont throw shot.

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 11-27-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #27
Rookie

Yeah but if I don't throw anything and use my footwork and he won't throw anything either we are at a stalemate and who will win the fight then so then when I do throw something he will parry again so basically they will give the fight to him then
Old 11-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Yeah but if I don't throw anything and use my footwork and he won't throw anything either we are at a stalemate and who will win the fight then so then when I do throw something he will parry again so basically they will give the fight to him then
Lurch you throw the same combination over and over and over. If you are lurchingdart from UFC 1, you did the same thing there. Mix up your strikes man, you get caught up doing the same thing
Old 11-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #29
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Instead of people parry hunting, they will be trying to evade or slip and counter.

Just for you Fish. Perfectly timed slip & rip. Honestly Whittaker does this exact movement alll the time. Love this finish.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #30
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Just for you Fish. Perfectly timed slip & rip. Honestly Whittaker does this exact movement alll the time. Love this finish.
Wow, that was super cool!

Great finish and awesome how the replay caught the slip. Replays that don't show the whole combo, or the good parts at least, make me sad.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Old 11-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

This. This is exactly how counters should be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
I think fishingtime your right the parrys need to be taken out completely because like for example I fought this guy online jfb renegade all he does is spam the hell out of parrys and it makes me not want to play the game it wouldn't matter if I mix up my strikes anything he would see he would parry like I would throw 1 strike then the 2nd he would parry even leg kicks so yeah parrys need to be out in ufc 3 hopefully ea makes this happen
Let him lead bro. I used to struggle with parry spammers. stop striking first! They don't know what to do when now you're counter striking them

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »