Home

All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots?

This is a discussion on All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #9
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Realism.

NO ONE throws continuous body combinations IRL. You would get smashed in the chin, and immediately knocked unconscious.

Spamming a bunch of nonsense 1-2s, occasionally mixing in a body hook, or body uppercut, to somehow justify to yourself you're not body spamming, is so unbelievably stupid looking, and unrealistic. It would literally never, ever, happen in real life.

Nothing strike related in this game happens in real life.

Noone can put their hands above their head and cover from every punch/kick that's coming torwards their head.

YOu can't get upset at the player for using the only available game's mechanics to be aggresive.

If the game gave you the ability to land punches on the opponent's head, then it would be normal to throw them. But the game doesn't have any means to chase someone down and Blocking is dumb and unrealistic like everything else.

The way blocking works in the game, you either hold it high or hold it low.

It blocks everyhting that goes high or everthing that goes low.

That's where the issue comes from. If the block was 1 button for lead strikes and 1 button for rear strikes, it would make for a more realistic type of blocking and striking overall.

There is no way to chase someone down and deal damage standing up, unless you throw combos and if someone is holding high block , you have to combo his body, there is no other option.

But yet again, nobody in real life would leave their body out in the open like that, so it makes no sense comparing this arcadey stand-up to real life.

1-2s spamming looks dumb period. Wether it's on the body or the head, if you throw more than 1 1-2 combo, it looks dumb and unrealistic, yet the game is rewarding it and it is the only means of chasing someone down with strikes and not resorting to clinch.

Saying "well if someone is holding block, just clinch em or take em down" is not a solution to striking related flaws.

Why specifically bash the unrealistic body shot punches and not everything else that is unrealistic is my main point.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 12-10-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

The striking is not perfect, but I have realistic, technical fights with guys all the time.

I'm not saying body spam is OP, it's just just goofy.

IMO most body spammers are just fishing for flash rocks because they don't have the skill to compete in other areas of the game.

I've seen enough of your videos to know you're a beast though manly. I'm not saying you're a cheeser at all. generally speaking though, the non stop body strikes just looks so dumb, and is so unrealistic.. I just can't agree with it. The striking isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean you need to do weird, goofy **** to get wins. I dunno. Its not for me.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 12-10-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
The striking is not perfect, but I have realistic, technical fights with guys all the time.

I'm not saying body spam is OP, it's just just goofy.

IMO most body spammers are just fishing for flash rocks because they don't have the skill to compete in other areas of the game.

I've seen enough of your videos to know you're a beast though manly. I'm not saying you're a cheeser at all.
I never said it ain't goofy, lots of things are though in the game is my main point.

I am not making this post, just because of some of the responses i've gotten from you of how much you hate body combos

It's just that more and more people have issue with body punches and i remember that being an issue with EA UFC 1 and since EA UFC 1, i've been getting messages by people who's striking consists of throwing 200 spinning kicks per fight, to call 1-2 unrealistic spamming or downplaying it or what have you, when clearly, it's far from other worse unrealistic attrocities with MMA games.

Edit after your edit: I agree that it's goofy, but it doesnt seem to be an alternative. When you are playing as a boxer, even if it's not Mike Tyson, even if you are playing as Rampage or Liddel or Mc Gregor, boxxer based MMA fighters, when someone is goofy at holding high block and the game doesn't do anything to punish holding high block other than leaving them vunerable to the body, it's only natural that people are gonna go ham on their body, with any means available.

In most UFC Fights, everything punch/strike related, is trying to take your opponent's head off and landing that magic punch that will find his chin and rock him. As far as body strikes go, they are mainly attempting to throw that one body kick, that will find the opponent's liver and hurt em. Very few uppercats and hooks to the body, but plenty of them to the head.

But the way punching works in this game, is nothing like the real life Punching. When someone holds high block in this game, it's over, that head is covered for good, nothing bleeds through it. Goofy body hitting tactics that wouldn't occur in real-life occur in game, due to the fact that in real life, nobody could perfectly cover their head like that and nobody would leave their body as open as that for punches to start flowing in. In real-life most people are worried about landing that punch to find the opponent's chin, which is why we don't see them going ham on their opponent's body with punches, that's something that does occur very commonly in boxxing though, plenty of body shots, because in boxxing, there are people who can cover their head as nearly as perfectly as in EA UFC 2.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 12-10-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Why specifically bash the unrealistic body shot punches and not everything else that is unrealistic is my main point.
I think we bash spin kick spammers, side kick spammers, sub spammers, Leg kick & run spammers, etc, just as much. Hahahaha.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
I think we bash spin kick spammers, side kick spammers, sub spammers, Leg kick & run spammers, etc, just as much. Hahahaha.
Yeah, but most people make it sound, like body spamming is a suprising outcome from the game.

It's not unrealistic, it just never happens in real-life for the reasons i've stated, the fact that chins are more vunerable and easier to hit in real-life is the only reason people don't go for more body/liver shots with punches and because in real-life people don't stick around to get hit in the body, however in this game, people tend to have that false high block security, which is the only reason body spamming is even possible in the first place.

However spamming 100 spinning head kicks and initiationg 300 head kicks, is not something that is possible in real-life due to physical limitations.

Jon Jones against Ovince St Preu threw 1 sliding side kick in a 5 round fight.

If he threw 100, like the average Jon Jones player in EA UFC 2, he would have passed out from exaustion.

Edit: Check this out

The first fight at 0:50, is mike tyson getting a body TKO.

What i am saying is, that spamming body punches, although it looks goofy in the game , is not a physically unrealistic or impossible thing to do in real-life. However, it never happens, because real-life fighters are not completely oblivious to how striking works, so they know how to protect it.

You never see it as much and definitely never see it in the sense of jab/straight combos, but doesn't mean it's not physically possible.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 12-10-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'll bash Tyson users 11 out of 10 times.

It's possible to get slick realistic finishes with head strikes and body strikes, not that I play realistically, but it's certainly possible. I see it all the time, even in video thread.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I'll bash Tyson users 11 out of 10 times.

It's possible to get slick realistic finishes with head strikes and body strikes, not that I play realistically, but it's certainly possible. I see it all the time, even in video thread.
As i said man, 1-2s are goofy, but they are the only ones that can land according to this game's physics engine.However it's not unrealistic to land body punches though and deal damage with them, but it's not a legit tactic in MMA, because of so many other factors in place, that basically make it come down to i'd rather take my chances on trying to catch that chin with my fists, instead of trying to break his ribs.

However complaints about throwing 5 spininng head kicks in a row, are legit, because not only will you not see that in real-life but it;'s also not possible physically to occur.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

whenever I see the words Mike Tyson my eyes only see Fatty McCheese-A-Lot.

I throw dumb body strikes, but it's smoke and mirrors to set up a head strike. Most of my body shots don't land, and I certainly don't to try to set up dumb goofy multiplier damage.

I'd rather lose than win with an offense built off of rapid fire body shots. That's just me. 99.99% of the player base could think you are the greatest ever to play the game, and I'd still think the same about the videos.

The only thing that matters is if you have fun, and judging by your posts you do.

People have talked smack about my videos. That's cool, I know they're wrong. It's all relative home slice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »