Home

Always struggle against points players

This is a discussion on Always struggle against points players within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Always struggle against points players

There are some guys who play defensively and know how to use movement so that you can never really push them to the outside. I try to clinch but it mostly becomes a stalling match and they normally expect the takedown so it gets blocked a lot. I try to be patient and use knees and elbows and wait for them to try and transition before I go for a takedown. I'll go to Thai clinch as well but once they block a strike they then have advantage. In the standup I find that I struggle to get into range and just can't hit them unless they come to me since the fighter always stops as they throw a strike. It's pretty much impossible to take them down straight from standup as the better ones know not to use many head kicks and things that make them vulnerable to it and it's pretty easy to block takedowns otherwise.
Any tips on how to overcome these types of players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Always struggle against points players

Welcome to EA UFC 2

It's an issue with the game's mechanics that make it nearly impossible to chase someone down just with striking.

I've found some methods to cut the distance, but if the game has a bit of a delay, it's hard to get in range and time a shot before they hit you first.

Before throwing any strike, try landing a jab or a straight before hand to cause a mini-stun if timed properly then continue to throw combos in order to cause some real stun and hit them.

You can look up some guides on youtube, on some specific combos that work all the time, a simple one is: Straight + Lead Kick to the body.

Educate yourself on how the combo multiplayer works, but the general idea is, that you hit your opponent with opposite limbs (for example left hand+ right hand or left hand+ right kick or left kick + right kick etc.) The combo multiplier builds up and goes up to x5. The more you've built up the combo multiplier, the more damage it causes and the more stun, allowing you to get in range and hit your opponent.

There are fighters that are easier to chase after someone like Souza,Anthony Johnson,Robbie Lawler,Velasquez due to their OP stats and almost every strike they throw causes a mini stun on the opponent.

Seeing how you are new to the game, against low skilled opponents this method should work against them with eas:

1) Pick one of those 4 fighters.

2) Start holding High Block and push torwards them.

3)After they throw the first strike, whatever it is, even if it hits your body, imidietly let go of the block after you get hit by it and start mashing the jab + straight combo on their head and their body.

If you wanna be a bit more technical and play with less OP fighters, a good method is to not go directly after your opponent, but rather move side ways mainly, to try and cut them off when you push them agaisnt the cage.

Another good tip is, to try and throw your body kicks/head kicks, hooks and every other sideway strike, in the direction the opponent is moving. It has a better chance to deal more damage and cause a ministun.

A more advanced technique that takes a while to get used to, is to start lunging. Lunge before you throw a jab or a straight and see that you deal more damage with em, cause a mini stun almost always and have better range.)

Most importantly, be patient. If you play against a patient opponent, you will most likely lose, try to control the center of the octagon to win the decision. Even if they throw more significant strikes than you and more strikes than you, if you still maintain the center of the octagon for the majority of the round, the judges are more likely to give you the round in decision.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 12-14-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

The key is to win exchanges. If they back up all round they will lose. Most people they face get bored and start spamming so they end up getting easy counters. Work on your own blocking and sways/backdashes. If you control the octagon while getting hit less you will win. Lunges followed by the one-two are good, too, like manliest said, but be careful of the jab or body kick to counter.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Welcome to EA UFC 2

It's an issue with the game's mechanics that make it nearly impossible to chase someone down just with striking.

I've found some methods to cut the distance, but if the game has a bit of a delay, it's hard to get in range and time a shot before they hit you first.

Before throwing any strike, try landing a jab or a straight before hand to cause a mini-stun if timed properly then continue to throw combos in order to cause some real stun and hit them.

You can look up some guides on youtube, on some specific combos that work all the time, a simple one is: Straight + Lead Kick to the body.

Educate yourself on how the combo multiplayer works, but the general idea is, that you hit your opponent with opposite limbs (for example left hand+ right hand or left hand+ right kick or left kick + right kick etc.) The combo multiplier builds up and goes up to x5. The more you've built up the combo multiplier, the more damage it causes and the more stun, allowing you to get in range and hit your opponent.

There are fighters that are easier to chase after someone like Souza,Anthony Johnson,Robbie Lawler,Werdum due to their OP stats and almost every strike they throw causes a mini stun on the opponent.

Seeing how you are new to the game, against low skilled opponents this method should work against them with eas:

1) Pick one of those 3 fighters.

2) Start holding High Block and push torwards them.

3)After they throw the first strike, whatever it is, even if it hits your body, imidietly let go of the block after you get hit by it and start mashing the jab + straight combo on their head and their body.

If you wanna be a bit more technical and play with less OP fighters, a good method is to not go directly after your opponent, but rather move side ways mainly, to try and cut them off when you push them agaisnt the cage.

Another good tip is, to try and throw your body kicks/head kicks, hooks and every other sideway strike, in the direction the opponent is moving. It has a better chance to deal more damage and cause a ministun.

A more advanced technique that takes a while to get used to, is to start lunging. Lunge before you throw a jab or a straight and see that you deal more damage with em, cause a mini stun almost always and have better range.)

Most importantly, be patient. If you play against a patient opponent, you will most likely lose, try to control the center of the octagon to win the decision. Even if they throw more significant strikes than you and more strikes than you, if you still maintain the center of the octagon for the majority of the round, the judges are more likely to give you the round in decision.
Thanks for the advice, man. I've been playing the game a while so I know about the hit stuns and things like that but don't like to use them unless the guy is playing a spammy type of style. I can beat most of these kind of players, it's just that there are some players who are a bit more savvy than most and know how to move a bit better so that you can't really push them to the fence.

Reach obviously plays a factor as well. I have more success against these guys using someone like Nate Diaz than, say, Frankie Edgar. I normally have the most trouble if I use a shorter reach fighter against good counter players but I don't use lunging so I'll try that and try to work on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »