Home

Simultaneous denial and transition by AI?

This is a discussion on Simultaneous denial and transition by AI? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Simultaneous denial and transition by AI?

It's been bothering me for a while now, and it's something I've only ever seen the AI do. Sometimes when they deny your transition the denial animation does not play and instead they immediately transition themselves.

As you can see in the video below, I was doing the Live Events, I tried to transition into side control with Faber, but Pickett both denied it and went back into full guard at the same time, how does this work?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: Simultaneous denial and transition by AI?

Computer is just grappling gods.

Super annoying

With all the talk about AI, surprised this isn't brought up more.

They'll deny everything you do, with no stamina, no GA, nothing. lol.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

You're probably new to fighting against the AI

Yeah it's broken in literally every way possible. The only non negative thing I can say about the AI is that it doesn't waste all of its' stamina the whole fight.

Any other aspect of offline play is broken completely and to this day it blows my mind that not only did it come out this way, but not patched especially after all the feedback since EA UFC 1 (I know, they attempted it many times in both UFC 1 and UFC 2 patches, but it doesn't make up for the money people spent for offline play like me.)
Old 12-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn

Yeah it's broken in literally every way possible. The only non negative thing I can say about the AI is that it doesn't waste all of its' stamina the whole fight.

Any other aspect of offline play is broken completely and to this day it blows my mind that not only did it come out this way, but not patched especially after all the feedback since EA UFC 1 (I know, they attempted it many times in both UFC 1 and UFC 2 patches, but it doesn't make up for the money people spent for offline play like me.)
I feel completely robbed, twice.

There was hype at the EA UFC official forums before it closed down, about Skynet coming in and replacing the AI dude who left in the middle of the EA UFC 1 development.

The community wasn't even talking about the AI parrying gods in UFC 1 because we knew we had to wait for UFC 2 for a normalized offline experience.

Now that UFC 2 is at its' final form, we again have a completely broken offline experience on the ground now too. it doesn't work. at all. especially if you try hardening the difficulty past normal (which is easy as ****) all it does is make the AI grapple unrealistically good no matter which fighter the AI controls.

Parrying is literally 100% the same. No matter which opponent you use no matter how good they are in real life at countering, they are going to counter a high % of the time.

This is why I say EA UFC 2 feels like a UFC 1 in an alpha stage that is on it's way to be a free to play game not worth anyones time.

As a man who still plays Undisputed 3 religiously, this is very sad and gives me very very little hope for EA UFC 3.

So yeah as someone who bought a PS4 ONLY for EA UFC 1 and 2 and not played them combined for more than 30 hours combined, I feel robbed as you mentioned.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Super annoying

True, strategy is completely useless against the AI. You can only win at grappling if it "decides" to let you pass, which is why it's better to spam the same transition over and over again until you get it, as fakes are worthless. Thankfully the AI is pretty dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn

I'm not "new" to the AI, I've been doing all the live event fights since the start (I want those packs lol), it's just that this has bothered me for a long time and I decided to make a post about it.

Sadly you're right about the rest, offline is mostly very boring. The only way to have fun against the AI is to actually try and fight them realistically, fight them to a decision, in my experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Super annoying

We cant have it both ways though. For the first 6 mos of the game, people here and on Reddit did nothing but complain about how the AI was too easy even on Pro.

To be honest, grappling is the only area of the game where the AI is consistently challenging. Thats not the case at all in standup or clinch (unless you use house rules).
Old 12-17-2016, 10:22 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
True, strategy is completely useless against the AI. You can only win at grappling if it "decides" to let you pass, which is why it's better to spam the same transition over and over again until you get it, as fakes are worthless. Thankfully the AI is pretty dumb.

I'm not "new" to the AI, I've been doing all the live event fights since the start (I want those packs lol), it's just that this has bothered me for a long time and I decided to make a post about it.

Sadly you're right about the rest, offline is mostly very boring. The only way to have fun against the AI is to actually try and fight them realistically, fight them to a decision, in my experience
I dont find that part to be true at all. I dont have an issue dominating the AI on the ground if I have the better grappler. I'm patient and wait for its transition attempts and can either hold the AI in a dominant position or advance to an even more dominant position.

That doesnt mean that the AI is perfect on the ground because it definitely isnt. It tends to go for the same subs in the same positions (it loves Armbars from full mount). I've talked to the dev team about that. At times, the Ai is a bit repetitive when it comes to what direction it tries to transition. Also it is too reliant on sweeps even for fighters who arent great at grappling.

Offline has to start being a priority for the dev team and I think it will be if there is a next game. They have to recognize that even though we may not be as vocal as the online guys that we still make up the majority of people that play this game. AI is only a part of it.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont find that part to be true at all. I dont have an issue dominating the AI on the ground if I have the better grappler. I'm patient and wait for its transition attempts and can either hold the AI in a dominant position or advance to an even more dominant position.

That doesnt mean that the AI is perfect on the ground because it definitely isnt. It tends to go for the same subs in the same positions (it loves Armbars from full mount). I've talked to the dev team about that. At times, the Ai is a bit repetitive when it comes to what direction it tries to transition. Also it is too reliant on sweeps even for fighters who arent great at grappling.

Offline has to start being a priority for the dev team and I think it will be if there is a next game. They have to recognize that even though we may not be as vocal as the online guys that we still make up the majority of people that play this game. AI is only a part of it.
You misunderstand me. I have no problem dominating the AI on the ground either, but this is purely because the AI is dumb. Everything the AI does is reactive, not predictive. It reads your button inputs and decides whether to react or not, which is why it can instantly deny the most complicated fakes yet lets a 5-second-lasting, no stamina half guard bottom to back sitting through if you just spam it enough. As a result, there is simply almost no strategy involved in dealing with the AI on the ground, it defeats itself easily enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »