Home

UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats a good point. I just wonder how much money that DLC would actually generate.

I dont know how much it costs on current consoles but on the PS3 and 360, it cost a company around $40,000 to post a patch.

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-co...a-console-game

It costs more for them to host DLC and I assume that MS/Sony get a piece of it. Keep in mind to make the DLC paid, they would have to get MS/Sony to host it and patch the game. Then add production costs and man hours.

Pricing matters too. If its $.99, I think alot of people would buy it but that price point wont generate a ton of revenue. If its $5.99, I think more people would just pass on it.
I wonder if it wouldn't be a self-fulfilling prophecy though. (But jeez $40,000??? Really? I'm surprised we even get a game for those prices).

For instance, none of the fighters we got I think would be big revenue generators except maybe Cyborg. I assume Lesnar would have come at a hefty cost.

But wouldn't getting big names like Lesnar or kind of help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #18
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I wonder if it wouldn't be a self-fulfilling prophecy though. (But jeez $40,000??? Really? I'm surprised we even get a game for those prices).

For instance, none of the fighters we got I think would be big revenue generators except maybe Cyborg. I assume Lesnar would have come at a hefty cost.

My thoughts exactly. don't get me wrong i really do appreciate all the free fighters we get.
But i rarely ever use any of those fighters besides A great fighter in Jimmie Rivera who is in the top 5 in bantamweight
Cyborg who is arguably *now* the most dominant female fighter right now.
And Nikita Crylov, who was a ranked fighter and is still very good.

I use the fighters because i feel they were well made and they were given pretty good move sets.

I feel the casual fans ( a lot more of them than hardcore fans) would only use Cyborg and maybe Rivera because they are( were) near the top of their divisions

I would like for them to add more popular fighters because A. more people ( casuals) would use Mickey Gall or Mike Perry than "no names" like Marco Polo Reyes or Randy Brown

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Big names would help but I dont think there are many out there that would be big revenue generators. The ones that would come with extra expenses. Lesnar wasnt in this game because his new contract with WWE gives them an exclusive likeness to his likeness so he isnt an option.

Lets say the UFC did a Legends pack DLC and had names like Couture, Ortiz, Randleman etc. That could generate some revenue. The problem is none of these guys are under UFC contract so you cant just use their likeness. So you would have to sign individual deals with each of them and that will cost. Also Tito is under a Bellator contract so that makes the deal tougher.

So its tough to justify the DLC with all those added costs.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #20
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Big names would help but I dont think there are many out there that would be big revenue generators. The ones that would come with extra expenses. Lesnar wasnt in this game because his new contract with WWE gives them an exclusive likeness to his likeness so he isnt an option.

Lets say the UFC did a Legends pack DLC and had names like Couture, Ortiz, Randleman etc. That could generate some revenue. The problem is none of these guys are under UFC contract so you cant just use their likeness. So you would have to sign individual deals with each of them and that will cost. Also Tito is under a Bellator contract so that makes the deal tougher.

I understand 😧

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 01-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:

I wonder who is more likely to buy DLC, online or offline players?

This veering a little off topic, I apologize but, I would pay for arenas if they are unique.

I'm not talking about giving us American Airlines Arena or anything.

But if you gave me Cowboys Stadium, the Rogers Centre, a Brazilian soccer stadium, Croke Park and maybe the Boston arena (I like the fights they've done there), I'd pay $5 for that.

I think the DLC should focus on offline players and not necessarily fighters.

I'd pay for arenas, uniform options, more CAF spots, walkout songs etc...

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 01-06-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I wonder who is more likely to buy DLC, online or offline players?

This veering a little off topic, I apologize but, I would pay for arenas if they are unique.

I'm not talking about giving us American Airlines Arena or anything.

But if you gave me Cowboys Stadium, the Rogers Centre, a Brazilian soccer stadium, Croke Park and maybe the Boston arena (I like the fights they've done there), I'd pay $5 for that.

I think the DLC should focus on offline players and not necessarily fighters.

I'd pay for arenas, uniform options, more CAF spots, walkout songs etc...

I dont know if its broken down like that. For example, I'm an offline player who would love to have Brock Lesnar for my Universe and for Career mode. So I would pay 5 bucks for him.

I'm sure there are a ton of online players who would do the same just so they could have Brock and beat people down online.

The arena idea is great and I believe its something that the team did in Fight Night. I remember that the Cowboys Stadium was DLC in FN4 I think and I had no problem paying for that. I wonder how much revenue that generated though. Thats something I'll ask the team (the guys that worked on FN) next time I see them.

Keep in mind though, none of those things you listed are necessarily easy or cheap. You still have to buy rights to those arenas (Cowboys Stadium may be easier because it may be wrapped in the Madden license). Uniform options are limited because of the Reebok deal. There are memory concerns with more CAF slots and some may be pissed that they have to pay extra for something as regular as CAF slots.

I know I'm coming across as Debbie Downer but when you see some of the behind the scenes it changes how you view games are made.

One of the first things the dev team made us do when we became GCers was this exercise where we would come up with big ideas for the game and guess how many employees and how much time it would take to create those ideas. That opened my eyes to how much work goes into these games. Even the most basic ideas required a significant amount of work and time.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
I dont know if its broken down like that. For example, I'm an offline player who would love to have Brock Lesnar for my Universe and for Career mode. So I would pay 5 bucks for him.

I'm sure there are a ton of online players who would do the same just so they could have Brock and beat people down online.

The arena idea is great and I believe its something that the team did in Fight Night. I remember that the Cowboys Stadium was DLC in FN4 I think and I had no problem paying for that. I wonder how much revenue that generated though. Thats something I'll ask the team (the guys that worked on FN) next time I see them.

Keep in mind though, none of those things you listed are necessarily easy or cheap. You still have to buy rights to those arenas (Cowboys Stadium may be easier because it may be wrapped in the Madden license). Uniform options are limited because of the Reebok deal. There are memory concerns with more CAF slots and some may be pissed that they have to pay extra for something as regular as CAF slots.

I know I'm coming across as Debbie Downer but when you see some of the behind the scenes it changes how you view games are made.

One of the first things the dev team made us do when we became GCers was this exercise where we would come up with big ideas for the game and guess how many employees and how much time it would take to create those ideas. That opened my eyes to how much work goes into these games. Even the most basic ideas required a significant amount of work and time.
I have no doubt it takes time and money believe me.

A lot of this is just letting it be known there is a market for this stuff and speak up about it. I don't know how cost effective any of it is, but if nobody ever says anything then it definitely won't happen.

I'm convinced that had more people spoken up about a Universe Mode sooner it would have better traction by now. I feel like a lot of our players aren't general sports fans or WWE fans and had never thought about the game in that way, but having a control of a sports franchise and guiding it through year over year growth, generating and cultivating new talent (fighters instead of rookie football players in this case), is a staple of sports games.

It's a shame it hasn't made its way into this title yet, and surprising considering the UFC always wanted to be treated as a mainstream sports entity.

So yeah, I'm aware that a lot of this stuff might not happen, but maybe I say something and a dev says, you know what, hadn't thought of that and that might not be as hard to do as we thought.

Like you said about Cowboys stadium, they have NBA Live so it's possible I suppose that the license could be expanded for all those NBA arenas. I think that's how they snuck Cowboys Stadium into EA Sports MMA.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fanside...ight-kits/amp/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »