Home

Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Exciting things to expect for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
Banned

Kasel's Arena

OVR: 0
Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

There are some really exciting things waiting for us in UFC 3 that no one talks about and I just thought I'd point out a few of them for fun and excitement

1. We can expect a whole new commentator voiceline makeover for the first time since EA UFC 1, it always sucked so it will most likely be better no matter who does it. If Brian Stann is one of the two, I'd like it for a few reasons, for 1, he's a huge huge fan participant of the sport who's super knowledgeable and intelligent so I bet he'll happily help out the less knowledgeable devs (no offense) who will direct his voice lines, like "Sure thing but that's actually a trip, not a suplex so you might wanna let me call it that"

Joe Rogan talked in his podcast about how silly some of the things he let him read out were but he didn't feel like asking change anything because he's busy with so many other things in life as it is, and you can hear in his voice how he disapproves the lines he reads outs, I bet I'm rogan's biggest fan here and I STILL rather hear the terrible corner instructions and fight sounds than hear him commentate in-game

Jon Anik would be a great addition despite him being my least favorite commentator of them all. He's super dedicated to the sport and in someone's Q&A (michael chiesa I think) one of the fans asked Anik why he wasn't in the last UFC game, and Anik laughed and said he doesn't know and that they did scan him for UFC 2 and he hopes he'll make it to the next one because he'd love to do it. So to me it sounds like he'll be great for it because he'd dedicate lots of time for it with pleasure.

John Gooden and Dan Hardy would've been effing awesome but I don't think the UFC or EA would want it only because they only commentate European cards, what would've obviously made me happiest is if all four would be in and the commentators selection would be up to the venue location. That would really be dope but a bit unrealistic seeing the lack of work that's been put into EA UFC 1&2 (for whatever reason, if it's budget, ambition, not getting into that because wtf do I know)

2. Some obvious fighter additions that are super exciting: Francis Ngannou, Will Brooks, Marc Diakiese, Kamaru Usman, Justin Ledet, Santiago Ponzinibbio, Daniel Kelly, Brandon Moreno, Lando Vannata, Mickey Gall, Tim Elliot, Artem Lobov, Stevie Ray, Mike Perry, Jason Knight, updated Doo Ho Choi, updated Michael Bisping, updated Conor McGregor, updated Gunnar Nelson (hopefully with an epic ground game this time, they done goofed him up in every possible way the last time, dude is a European grappling champion), updated FW model of Myles Jury (hoping for his bigger LW model to remain aswell), updated Cody Garbrandt is gonna be fun as ****, updated MW Kelvin Gastelum (he's gonna be a monster in the game, he's a new man now) Rampage Jackson has a very high chance of coming back and I bet they'll update his fighter in different ways for his potential UFC comeback (His Bellator contract ends tonight, so make sure you root for him to beat King Mo tonight!!! They're fighting at Heavyweight so look out for him coming into both HW and LHW in one of UFC 3's first updates, unless he retires with a loss tonight which is also a probability, so again, fingers crossed for him to win dominantly tonight and to want to continue fighting, weight is on his side (40 pounds advantage but it's not always a good thing at higher weight classes) ), updated Stephen Thompson, updated WW Cowboy model (hopefully they keep the current model for his LW self), updated Diaz Bros (a long time coming for Nick. I was raging about this since EA UFC 1), MW Rashad Evans and I can keep going forever so I'll stop now, but this is some really exciting stuff

3. Mysterious new striking mechanics

It will undoubtedly be superior in many ways like footwork and striking fluidity (the two things that extremely suck in UFC 1&2's striking system and you cannot go wrong by trying different things because the chance of it getting worse are very slim) so I can't wait to test it out, something to be super excited for

4. 4k, we're actually gonna be playing a UFC/MMA game in 4k for the first time in history that's crazy!! I can't wait to see what Xbox Scorpio can do with it

5. AI could be good this time, they hinted that they put some work into UFC 3's career mode.. But they said a lot of things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

There's nothing exciting to "expect" right now. We've next to no details on this game other than we know it's in development.

I mean you have the obvious, like new commentary and fighters, yet what does that really matter if there's no real gameplay improvements?
Old 03-31-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
There's nothing exciting to "expect" right now. We've next to no details on this game other than we know it's in development.

I mean you have the obvious, like new commentary and fighters, yet what does that really matter if there's no real gameplay improvements?
GPD has hinted about significant striking changes throughout multiple threads. There are 8-10 videos of mo cap which shows you some of the stuff they are working on.

Sure we dont have interviews or blogs detailing the changes yet but to say there are "no real gameplay improvements" is a bit disingenuous.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway

You're being really pessimistic, I wish I was too before UFC 2 came out, but this time they're focusing on the stand up, and if it would be on par with Undisputed's striking mechanics and fluidity (although it could be hard to achieve without 60fps) then I would have all the reasons I need to be excited for it, and every game mode of it (except for KO mode) would excite me
Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
You're being really pessimistic, I wish I was too before UFC 2 came out, but this time they're focusing on the stand up, and if it would be on par with Undisputed's striking mechanics and fluidity (although it could be hard to achieve without 60fps) then I would have all the reasons I need to be excited for it, and every game mode of it (except for KO mode) would excite me
Yh a part of me want's to get excited since they seem to be focusing more on striking, but i'll save my judgement until I hear more. One thing EA UFC has taught me to do is not get excited early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Seeing EA UFC 1 and 2, and seeing how they are, it's tough to be excited about the 3rd game. Especially when we've seen nothing of it so far.

Hopefully they do a full gameplay overhaul because, at this time, it seems like the game has no logic at all behind it. Certain strikes won't do any damage at one time, but then all of a sudden at other times they'll give you a flash KO or knockdown, etc.

It's almost like the game decides what will happen randomly and like it can never make up its mind.

I'm very pessimistic about the 3rd game, honestly.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
Rookie

I feel that for number 2 they should give us the ability to raise stats for current fighters for offline modes like my career and etc. Like if they didn't get certain attributes correct we could just raise their stats/Attributes to what we feel it Should be at. I definitely feel like Gunnar Nelson's ground game wasn't good at all , I would have loved to fix that.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #8
Rookie

We need a new grapple system ,I use to love to grapple in UFC undisputed 3.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »