Home

Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #33
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

I hope the ground game we get for UFC 3 is polished and not buggy. The new ground mechanics in UFC 2 for the first month was very glitchy. I remember the half guard freeze when you KOed people that would have to make you quit or dashboard because it froze your game up.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #34
Banned

I think the idea of the ground game is just fine, but the execution of it is rather horrible. But it's just a byproduct of the AI issues for the most part. The AI is horrible on the ground, like completely horrible. There's no logic to anything it does on the ground. The striking looks pretty stupid, too. And you can't even block in certain positions, which looks even more stupid.

This is one of those areas where you need to heavily research what human beings do in these positions.

I hope the ground game gets a makeover of sorts while still keeping the same concepts. Just in terms of new positions, transitions, and MUCH better animations and AI.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
their data shows that the people who took the time to do the survey, said they liked it.

But from my experience playing and all the guys calling me gay or whatever when it goes to the ground. I am inclined to believe they don't like it.

I'll take data from hundreds (thousands?) of people who took the survey over a few people calling u gay.

Also just because people call u gay when you go to the ground doesn't necessarily mean that they don't like the ground game mechanics. It could mean they hate going to the ground in general no matter what the mechanic is. It also could mean that they haven't taken the time to learn the ground game and know that the only what they would have a chance is by striking.

Also I think we would see drastically more complaints on the forums and on social media about the ground game of a ton of people hated it. You can find tens of threads here and on the old forums of people complaining about the striking but very few about the ground game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

Quote:
There was a focus on grappling for this last game and literally nothing changed in striking as well as clinch.

It's fair to be worried imo

That would be understandable if it was true. "Literally nothing" is hyperbole. They added grappling advantage and new moves to the clinch. The meta of the clinch is different than in UFC 1 (not says it's better but it's different). Strike intercept was added to striking. New blocking mechanics were added. Head movement was changed and improved from UFC 1. Feints were added. I'm sure there are a few things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'm not saying those things were perfect. I'm not saying that some of those things were done well. But to say "virtually nothing" was done is just untrue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by aholbert32; 04-23-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #37
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

I'm also pretty sure they get data from telemetry, which includes time spent on the ground.

Many people will hate the ground game no matter the mechanics, because they don't understand ground fighting and don't want to.

There are certainly things that can improved upon, but at its core, its the best system yet.

The things listed earlier, outside of the meter fill(which is needed for simultaneous transitions) are things that can be polished.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #38
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I don't get how to 2 players just laying on the ground not moving waiting for someone to move so they can deny is fun but w/e
Old 04-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #39
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
I don't get how to 2 players just laying on the ground not moving waiting for someone to move so they can deny is fun but w/e
Gotta agree with this.

Against low level guys It takes no skill to deny every single thing they do. I've literally held people down denying everything with 1 hand while I scratch my nuts for like a minute with the other hand..

Against average to above average guys it often turns into a stall fest both just waiting and throwing an occasional baby punch.

Im completely obsessed with Jiu Jitsu IRL, but barely go to the ground in this game because it's just so stiff, and movement feels so robotic, slow, and just off.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 04-25-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Every previous grappling system (Undisputed, EA MMA, UFC 1) was significantly worse in my opinion (other than the strength of Undisputed 3's GNP and its stamina management). Other than creating a new system, what would you guys do to change the current one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »