Home

Lead Body Kick -> Straight Right

This is a discussion on Lead Body Kick -> Straight Right within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Lead Body Kick -> Straight Right

How do you beat this?

I feel like whenever I play against a "High level" guy, their entire striking system is based of this combo. Almost all the higher level guys throw this combo over and over and over, and eventually start mixing up left - right kicks, and it's just soooo hard to deal with.

I try to play realistic & stick and move but this combo stuns you constantly and I can't seem to counter it no matter what I try.

It's so frustrating.

I need advice, tips, tricks, anything that could help.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: Lead Body Kick -> Straight Right

Yh this works alot cuz of the silly combo multiplier. You have to manage your distance better with these kind of players. Majority of players like to do this combo (straight and lead body kicks) or straight to lead head kick. Use faints to to try and get a reaction out of them so you can punish and when you are in the pocket, don't stay in long. Hit them and get out. The most important thing is to manage your distance though so when they open up with the combo your not close enough. That way you don't get hit by the whole combo and when they whiff the body kick or head kick, punish with a straight to lead hook/lead overhand and get out. Hope this helps.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-24-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

The nice thing about players that throw the same combo over and over is it should be predictable for a short while once you pick up on patterns.

I parry the body kick. I concentrate on parrying the body strike and slip the head strikes when playing against that. I've tried spamming back dash, but hate the way it looks. I've tried modified side steps, but frequently when I do that it's the one time they mix it up and I get caught. I just hit parry button and low block at the same time so it's not telegraphed. If you sit on low block for a short time before trying to parry the animation is pretty obvious to your opponent

Sometimes I try sidestep or a parry to takedown, but depending on your opponent the takedown attempt could still get stuffed very easily.

Normally after I parry the opening body kick 2 or 3 times they stop doing it, if I'm able to counter or punish them for it.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

^ Yh parrying could work too against a very predictable opponent, but the problem with that is good players are going to try and play the mix up game. They will end with a body kick one moment and then end with a lead head kick the other. You could be caught sitting on low parry and end up getting rocked...especially cuz the lead head kick is so fast.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

be the one who dictate the rhythm of the fight, dont be on the defensive, dont stay under the pressure opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Block the body kick and race them to the straight off the recovery from the kick.

You have to be fast and counter right as you block the kick. If you do it right, your straight will hit them during the start up animation of their own strike and interrupt it. This leaves you with a hit stun to continue the combo.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #7
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Block the body kick and race them to the straight off the recovery from the kick.

You have to be fast and counter right as you block the kick. If you do it right, your straight will hit them during the start up animation of their own strike and interrupt it. This leaves you with a hit stun to continue the combo.
Yup this. But you just have to watch out for the mix up to lead head kick. I usually block the body and prepare to sway back and punish in case of the mix up to high kick. Those mix ups can be deadly...especially if your facing someone like Conor lol.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-24-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:42 AM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Played against a decent player using ww Lawler, I was Nick Diaz. This was his go to combo like a million times. I didn't have much problem parrying the body kicks, but Lawler is so fast I wasn't able to land counter off the parried body kick. It almost seems like if he lands one he can land follow up strikes. If I weak blocked it seemed I was too far out of range, but I was watching TV while playing so my attention wasn't all there.

Eventually I just disengaged and taunted and threw kicks from a mile away, and started spamming rapid fire takedown attempts just to mess with the guy and maybe get into a sprawl situation. I was kind of surprised almost every takedown attempt he stuffed the animation looked kind of funky and he ended up with dominant double underhooks.

Eventually dude tried a takedown and transition from clinch so I was about to deny and then get the throw and the finish.

I'm confident I would have ko'd him or get a decision, but his defense was decent and with the parry technique it was just to difficult to punish him for the kicks, and with my skill level compared to his it just likely would have been a long super annoying fight.

If dude has a monitor and decent clinch and ground skills it would have been a nightmare most likely.

I do have faith in GPD with the striking for UFC 3.

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-25-2017 at 04:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »