Home

Can we talk about taunts?

This is a discussion on Can we talk about taunts? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about taunts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The Max Holloway stand and bang taunt has to be one of the most useless taunts in the game. Literally no one even does it in ranked matches or just doesn't know how to do it. It's a cool and fun taunt too, but i think i've only done it 1 time since it got put in through a patch.

too bad there's not some type of icon that appears or something to let the opponent know it's happening. Maybe some audio would have been cool to go along with it, i dunno.......but it's a worthless taunt.
Yeah, doesn't help that Halloway is so frustrating to play as.

Not having a regular body kick makes fighters kinda suck to use in this game.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #18
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Yeah, doesn't help that Halloway is so frustrating to play as.

Not having a regular body kick makes fighters kinda suck to use in this game.
The reason i just brought this up is i was just using him for 5 games in a row and everytime i tried no one did anything. lol even 1 person ran away and yelled on the mic "i ain't dumb."

It's just a hard thing to get people to do i guess.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The reason i just brought this up is i was just using him for 5 games in a row and everytime i tried no one did anything. lol even 1 person ran away and yelled on the mic "i ain't dumb."

It's just a hard thing to get people to do i guess.
Well you're playing ranked too. Can't see many people willing to give up a ranked match playing the stand n bang game.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #20
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Are you guys really doing taunts in online matches?

I didn't play this online very much but I don't feel like I've seen many people taunt during a match when I played the first and UD3 online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #21
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

I didn't play this online very much but I don't feel like I've seen many people taunt during a match when I played the first and UD3 online.
Non stop if I'm using someone like Diaz. Sometimes I use it to get opponent to throw more strikes.

Generally if I taunt during a fight I will still try to touch gloves and send a good game message.

I also see a lot of auto taunts if I rock or drop someone and don't jump on them for the finish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #22
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

I use it as a distraction mechanism. Sometimes I get thrown off by a taunt, so I'd imagine it does the same otherwise. People just taunt back and I upset their rhythm.
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #23
Rookie

My favorite and most memorable fight to this day was against some nit wit who was a way more experienced player than I was at the time. I got turned on to this game last June by my youngest son when he brought the game and his Xbox home for summer break. The day he left to go back to school I had to run out and buy an Xbox and my own game. Now for a 54 year old guy who never played video games ever it took me 4 months before I finally felt competent enough to play on line.

I can still remember this as if it was yesterday but it was mt 5th fight in WBW division for the title and probably my 18th fight overall. I knew my opponent was much more skilled after dropping me like a bad habit 2 times in the first minute and would then have to do his idiotic Diaz taunt. Being an ex boxer I would say has a little to do wih it as I don't care what is happening I could never bring myself to QUIT during a game. Anyway he must of dropped me 5 or 6 times and so I figured I would take the fight to the ground only to find out he was even better there denying every transition at the speed of light and just when I was completely drained of stamina and he could of easily mounted or submitted me he would get up and go to the center of the octagon and do his taunt. Well in the fifth round with less than 30 seconds left I caught him with a perfect 4 piece and tucked him to sleep before he hit the floor lmfao! That was the first time I ever went to message someone but he was already off line (probably breaking sh!t). Keeping it real it was pure luck but I was shocked when I looked at his record and he was something like 987-49 a Div-6 player and he was also on his longest title defense streak at 22.

Till this day I don't understand how I got matched up with him though it was 4:am may of had something to do with it but I still don't understand how a guy with a killer record like that was matched with anyone in Div-1? It still makes no sense to me as I reached Div-4 with all 5 of my UT fighters with none of them having had 100 fights total at the time and yet I would get matched against some guys with 2- 3,000 fights in total and wonder how they are still fighting in such a low division. All that aside it still remains my favorite win and I would of gave anything to have seen his face when he got starched. Taunts don't bother me and a lot of players don't realize it is the fastest way to fill up your stamina bar. Now the fake glove tap is a different story!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »