Home

I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls PATCH

This is a discussion on I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls PATCH within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls P

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Isn't PS+ subscription required to play EA UFC 2 online already?
Nope. Not at least if it's on a hard drive on PS4 with at least one ps plus account. I've had multiple accounts. The lower ranked divisions and quick match is littered with people on alternate accounts.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:06 AM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Nope. Not at least if it's on a hard drive on PS4 with at least one ps plus account. I've had multiple accounts. The lower ranked divisions and quick match is littered with people on alternate accounts.
Well yeah that's different than not requiring at all.

Rocket league doesn't require it at all i believe.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:38 AM   #11
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

Best solution, would have been to go the route some indie devs went with Rocket League and connect the player bases off both consoles. That's something a small dev team did easily and is still supporting their game.

Besides this ^ what would you do to fix the lag issue in UFC2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
As long as the account with the PS+ is the main account, any account on the PS4 can play online.

That's not playing without PS+............

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
We aren't programmers and developers... How are we supposed to know how to fix the lag issue?!?!

It's gotta be something in their code.

No other games I play lag.

Something is wrong is the way UFC is programmed, or the servers they use or something.

I don't have lag issues with ANYTHING else in my life except EA UFC. Whether im playing PC games online, other PS4 games online, playing MTG online, streaming movies/video/music, downloading 100s of gigs of movies/music/games. Nothing has any issues ever.... Except EA UFC.

I don't know enough about technology and programming to know the solution, but I do know enough to see a problem.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #14
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
1) Increase matchmaking times when an acceptable connection between you and your opponent is not found.

2) Matchmaking automatically skips the fight between people of similar skill, if their ping/packet loss between them is past a ridiculous amount that breaks the game to the point that is a horrible unplayable experience.

I am pretty sure, it's not hard to measure the ping/packet loss/distance of 2 people and have the matchmaking take it into account and skip a match-up by making those 2 searchers wait a bit longer, till a better opponent is found.

It really is a pretty basic concept of how matchmaking is done in most online games, but usually what most other games have in place is region lock, that does that job automatically. Still that region lock wouldn't be an ideal solution for this type of game, as the player base is not enormous and there are people capable of having a proper fight, despite being from different regions.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-14-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #15
Rookie

I don't expect anything will change for UFC 2, however the OP is spot on regarding matchmaking.

It definitely feels like there's nothing in place to avoid laggy matches. If there's nobody else available for a game with a ping that'll work with yours, matchmaking will just throw you against anyone, regardless of connectivity. That seems mad for a game these days. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I was playing for a while yesterday and went on a bit of a losing run. The matches themselves didn't seem too bad, however whenever the fight went to the clinch or the ground, that's when the true extent of the lag shows.

Anyway, I decided to play some solo matches because frustration was starting to set in... When the fight begins, I feel like it's almost as though the game has just been updated and is now free-flowing and obviously no input delay.

I realise that matches online will never match those offline. But the difference at the moment is significant.

Not every match lags, but dealing with 2 or 3 laggy fights in a row is frustrating and in most cases, absolutely pointless (because the game does become unplayable).

I hope for something to be implemented in UFC 3 that'll reject a match if the connectivity isn't good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #16
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I don't expect anything will change for UFC 2, however the OP is spot on regarding matchmaking.

It definitely feels like there's nothing in place to avoid laggy matches. If there's nobody else available for a game with a ping that'll work with yours, matchmaking will just throw you against anyone, regardless of connectivity. That seems mad for a game these days. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I was playing for a while yesterday and went on a bit of a losing run. The matches themselves didn't seem too bad, however whenever the fight went to the clinch or the ground, that's when the true extent of the lag shows.

Anyway, I decided to play some solo matches because frustration was starting to set in... When the fight begins, I feel like it's almost as though the game has just been updated and is now free-flowing and obviously no input delay.

I realise that matches online will never match those offline. But the difference at the moment is significant.

Not every match lags, but dealing with 2 or 3 laggy fights in a row is frustrating and in most cases, absolutely pointless (because the game does become unplayable).

I hope for something to be implemented in UFC 3 that'll reject a match if the connectivity isn't good enough.

That's the exact same thing i've stated in the past from my personal experience.

After playing the game for about 5-6 months online, i decided to have some fun offline one day and immidietly i made a post praising how much better the game felt and how the mechanics worked much better and the game was playable and more enjoyable and it felt like playing a different game, but sadly the AI is too bad to continue playing offline.

I am kind of a EA UFC 1 vet( i started playing it after a year that it got released) and i've owned EA UFC 2 from day 1.

From the day EA UFC 2 got released, i was complaining about the timing based grappling system that is completely thrown out the window, the momment some form of delay or lag is introduced, which is 9/10 online matches that are riddled from some sort of connection issue.

I remember saying since the game has basically no offline as the AI is horrible, it's practically an online game.

I stated that i was in disbelief that seeing how it's an online focused game, nothing had changed, matchmaking/netcode/lag compensation wise, from EA UFC 1 going to EA UFC 2 and i was infuriated that timing based grappling became more of a factor and Ultimate Microtransactions mode came into play, which split the already small player base even more and made the lag/delay issue more prominent.

Sadly nothing noticable was patched ever since, despite being brought up early on.

Then i heard they would stop supporting the game with patches right around the corner where the new Reebok colourfull shorts were just shown(around UFC 200) and i remember thinking to myself, well at least EA UFC 3 oughtta be around the corner, although it's gonna be a joke like EA UFC 2 turned out to be, since it won't have enough time to develop if they stop the patches so early.

So now, i am happy from one end, that EA UFC 3 is gonna take longer to develop and is gonna be hopefully a much superior game, because with that time frame, noone could possibly mess it up as bad as EA UFC 2 got messed up going forward compared to EA UFC 1, but on the other end, there is no other mma game out there, for us to have a stable experience and play without having to go through the frustrating laggy games, that make you wanna stop playing the game for a week, till you cool off from those 3-4 loses in a row that were caused due to that unpredictable lag/delay.

And we are gonna have to put up with this garbage for another 7 months minimum, which from my random predictions, less and less people will be playing it in the next 2-3 months and the game will get to a point where every match will be a lagfest and the small hardcore playerbase that remains 3-4 months from now, will also give up on the game in about a week after they realise every fight is gonna be a lagfest. So the game will be basically dead for a good 2-3 months before the least ammount of time EA UFC 3 could possibly release.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-15-2017 at 12:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »