Home

What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high block?

This is a discussion on What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high block? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2017, 01:41 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high bl

For me the size of my opponent has a lot to do with the way I will think about countering. Though obviously getting rarer daily the short fighters just like a real one have to pressure and come in or you can easily pick them apart. A lot of these players are good with sways- parries and movement. I know Kenetic always talks about the inside forward sway and then shooting an uppercut which is devastating when it goes smooth. On the flipside I know the majority of shorter fighters are going to go for this and at least Kenetic gives a warning lol as a counter uppercut on a shorter fighter is my main counter I will be looking to catch him with.

When I boxed I was a happy hooker lol ala Frazier and Tyson and not many players rely heavily on the overhand left hook! This is the best punch against the spinning back kick in the game! The first time your opponent shows he has that kick just keep an eye out for it and the second he lets one go comeback with a double overhand left (in case you mistime the first one) and odds are he will be on his back or knocked out more than just getting rocked. The kick is so easy to read and I guess the fact that he turns right in to your punch causes much more damage than normal. Another disrupter for someone smothering you is having a "Switch" on your fighter. I double jab an awful lot as anyone who does know you will hear the commentary (They say the jab is the least utilized weapon in MMA but not for him) lol. Just mix up your jab-double jab and end it with a Switch and the majority of times you get an instant drop -knockdown- or if late in a fight a KO and this really keeps your opponent on his toes once you start sticking it in his face consistently.

Just a few striking tips I can think of to help anyone out who hasn't tried any of these. On a parting note I still find a good old solid leg kick thrown in on any 2 to 4 piece combo the perfect foil for disrupting just about any spamming techniques.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #26
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high bl

I just hold high block back and scream at them over my mic.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #27
Rookie

how u stop people in fast divisions like LW, where things just happen way too fast and due my connection issues i cant even get out the long combos in times
Old 10-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #28
Rookie

Re: what s the best way how to stop opponent who always keeo chasing u with high bloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Everything Manliest said is perfect.

Only thing i'll add.. sway forward and pop a straight uppercut to the body. If you do the sway right the 2 strikes are really quick. From there you could go up high with like an uppercut or you could add a body kick.

It is much much easier to hit people if they are coming forward. If they are walking at you just holding high block, you control the action. Hit him before he hits you and ALWAYS circle away from the cage.
Idol,pls. show us how to do the sway forward..tnx in advance

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »