Home

Any BJJ Practitioners here?

This is a discussion on Any BJJ Practitioners here? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any BJJ Practitioners here?

Actually, there are only the elbows from rubber guard which are dangerous and make the opponent head red, do more damage with elbows from the bottom guard with certain fighters may be appreciable or from other position.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #18
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Actually, there are only the elbows from rubber guard which are dangerous and make the opponent head red, do more damage with elbows from the bottom guard with certain fighters may be appreciable or from other position.
Unless this was changed over the past couple of months it is literally impossible to KO someone from Rubber Guard with elbows. You will turn the head red but the fight will never be stopped. I had a video clip of one of my fighters giving 30 or so uninterrupted elbows from Rubber Guard and no finish.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

No finish but you can pass to side control and ko him.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #20
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
No finish but you can pass to side control and ko him.
Shouldn't have to sweep and finish in Side though lol
Old 07-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Have you tried this in game yet?

Try posturing up while your opponent is throwing strikes form the bottom in closed guard with the hand that is controlling your posture.

See what happens.
Yeah, sorry, that was poorly worded on my part. What I meant was that was a subtle and intuitive detail that WAS included. My point was that it was a good and thoughtful detail (that you can't punch AND deny with a posture breaking grip). Also, there could be more of this in the game rather than stats+stamina+timing (whatever the calculus is).

But for an improvement, or getting more realistic game, it is just my opinion that there could be all sorts of little things like this (physics and true mechanics based, nearly rules-based situational things) built into the grappling mechanic.

To contrast: think of a game where you see a guard player who watches for positional control, hand placement etc., the signals of which would provide various responses from the bottom player. Certain moves could be forced (similar to the current system) but other options would be available when the most appropriate reaction is chosen with the right timing. This is super hard to articulate and I'm tired.

I hope that makes sense. I actually really like the improvement on the ground you did for this game. Was just trying to help with the response as I knew that most on here other than Chia were either just fight fans or novice grapplers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 11:44 PM   #22
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Yeah, sorry, that was poorly worded on my part. What I meant was that was a subtle and intuitive detail that WAS included. My point was that it was a good and thoughtful detail (that you can't punch AND deny with a posture breaking grip). Also, there could be more of this in the game rather than stats+stamina+timing (whatever the calculus is).

But for an improvement, or getting more realistic game, it is just my opinion that there could be all sorts of little things like this (physics and true mechanics based, nearly rules-based situational things) built into the grappling mechanic.

To contrast: think of a game where you see a guard player who watches for positional control, hand placement etc., the signals of which would provide various responses from the bottom player. Certain moves could be forced (similar to the current system) but other options would be available when the most appropriate reaction is chosen with the right timing. This is super hard to articulate and I'm tired.

I hope that makes sense. I actually really like the improvement on the ground you did for this game. Was just trying to help with the response as I knew that most on here other than Chia were either just fight fans or novice grapplers.
Ah ok yeah, I agree completely.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-04-2017, 12:00 AM   #23
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

The ground game now compared to those before is not even possible. I can only imagine the nuance you guys want to add. It's killer to me now. I can't imagine.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #24
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
The ground game now compared to those before is not even possible. I can only imagine the nuance you guys want to add. It's killer to me now. I can't imagine.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Operation Sports mobile app
I think it's good to have both sides of the coin though. Having input from non-grapplers and high level grapplers alike could build towards a healthy medium on the ground game imo. Even if the fight fan has never trained before I personally still think their input is valid to an extent (with that extent being it be based in reality haha). I personally wouldn't discount someone's opinion on the ground because they haven't trained before unless they were telling me something that was inherently incorrect which I have seen VERY little of on this forum.

I'm not even a big UFC or MMA fan anymore but it's nearly midnight my time on July 3rd 2017 and I'm playing Ultimate Team lol. That alone says something positive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »