Home

Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #57
Banned

Kasel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You don't need artifical balance.

Make accurate, real to life stats. Period. Done.

EA UFC 1 wasn't balanced. EA UFC 2 wasn't balanced. Quite the opposite. It may not say "tiers" in EA UFC 1 or 2, but that's essentially what we have. 2 tiers. Champs - and everyone else. There was a deliberate push to make champs artificially OP. Which in turn makes 90% of the roster ignored and useless.

Now if the first 2 games weren't "balanced", the 3rd one certainly won't be either. So forget that. No body wants balance anyway. That's literally not a concern on anyone's mind but you.

We want accurate stats, moves, and perks. PERIOD.

Every fighter has strengths and weaknesses. All you need to do is make accurate stats, and the game will balance itself.

---No one cares if DJ is OP, because he really is OP. What annoys people is DJ throwing 1000 spin kicks that insta rock you. That's not what DJ does, and those arent traits he has.

---Jon Jones being OP doesn't bother anyone. Jones having the highest striking power stats in the division is what drives everyone crazy. Jones doesn't have power like that AT ALL.

---Nobody cares that Conor Mcgregor is OP. What everyonne hates is the fact he has the best wrestling, and kicking power stats in his division. Those aren't traits Conor has IRL... that's why everyone hates it.

Do you understand now? it's not about balance AT ALL. It's about fighter accuracy.

PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. DONE.

Give me Fighter Accuracy, or give me Death.
I was going to write a less aggressive version of that post but was too high to explain my point and you covered it all wonderfully
Old 07-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #58
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
I don't know... All fighters should be somewhat viable. A "Tier 2" fighter shouldn't only be able to have a good game against another "Tier 2" fighter, but be hopeless against a "Tier 1". Look at Bisping for a perfect example. Before he won the belt, I Guarantee you he'd be considered "Tier 2", "Cluster 2" "B Rank", whatever youd call it. Now he's Champ, so of course he's automatically Tier 1 just because he's champ.. Now he gets an artificial stat boost to bump him into "Tier 1". That just does't make sense. Make stats realistic. Period.

Forget any of that. Just make accurate stats. Like, it's really that simple. We don't need any sort of artificial auxiliary system in place.

Just pure, and simple, accurate simulation of real life fighter characteristics. I don't want to take ANYTHING else into account, except what would make this fighter feel as real as possible, according to traits they represent in real life..

Following any type of Auxiliary system will always lead to unrealistic fighter stats, every single time.
EA, print this out and put it on your wall please.

It's okay to give fighters athletic gifts but not the skills. For example, Rashad might not be the same anymore but he sure as **** isn't as slow as he is on UFC 2. Romero should feel like an athletic freak. He feels stuck in the mud though. It's horrible. Obviously don't make him a boxing genius but I wanna feel like Romero. I wanna feel like a wild card who could get the KO but is lacking in skills.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:38 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
EA, print this out and put it on your wall please.

It's okay to give fighters athletic gifts but not the skills. For example, Rashad might not be the same anymore but he sure as **** isn't as slow as he is on UFC 2. Romero should feel like an athletic freak. He feels stuck in the mud though. It's horrible. Obviously don't make him a boxing genius but I wanna feel like Romero. I wanna feel like a wild card who could get the KO but is lacking in skills.
Exactly!

Rashad is still quick as hell and showed glimpses of brilliance in his last two fights although he lost them both. He still has excellent speed.

This is MMA and anybody is capable of beating anybody with the right strategy and the right usage of his/her strenghts.

Champs do not need to be too OP or to have a clear advantage over 99% of the roster. That's the same mistake that was done in the last two games and the same reason why we everyone picks the same fighters.

Every fighter has a weakness than can be noticed, but whoever makes the stats seems to ignore them: Jones showed some degree of vulnerability against really good boxers and isn't the fastest guy in the division, Mighty Mouse has been rocked and dropped before, Pettis has average boxing overall, all of Conor losses come by the way of submission and was controlled by Chad Mendes, Khabib has shown holes in his striking and so on and so on. At least make sure those things are reflected in the whole roster if you're going to make the same thing with the stats.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #60
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

EA Devs, take note...

It appears to be Solid_Altair vs Literally everyone else. Not a single post he made clamoring for an artificial balance, got even 1 single like, bump, or anything.. No one wants that..

The people have spoken,
and we want Fighter Accuracy.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 07-30-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #61
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
EA Devs, take note...

It appears to be Solid_Altair vs Literally everyone else. Not a single post he made clamoring for an artificial balance, got even 1 single like, bump, or anything.. No one wants that..

The people have spoken,
and we want Fighter Accuracy.

tell me how do you implemement fighter accuracy in a computer game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
tell me how do you implemement fighter accuracy in a computer game.
There are ways. The obvious stuff form an offline perspective is to make sure an AI fighters actions are in line with what he does in real life. No one wants to see Conor McGregor shooting for takedowns and no one wants to see Maia try to be a kickboxer. Specifying their tendencies goes a long way toward displaying fighter accuracy in the game.

Realistic stats and movesets matter. Online, I have no problem with someone using Conor as a wrestler and trying to shoot for takedowns. What I do have a problem with is if someone is successful using Conor that way. The goal should be to force online and offline players to use the strengths of their fighter.

Jones should have good kicks, a great clinch and great choke subs. If I decide to use Jones, I shouldnt be able to easily win strictly by using punches. If his stats are realistic, people who use Jones will be encouraged to use what he's good at and to fight realistically.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:00 PM   #63
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

This may be a first....

But me and aholbert32 are actually on the exact same page, same paragraph, same word right now.

You said it my man.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-31-2017, 03:17 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There are ways. The obvious stuff form an offline perspective is to make sure an AI fighters actions are in line with what he does in real life. No one wants to see Conor McGregor shooting for takedowns and no one wants to see Maia try to be a kickboxer. Specifying their tendencies goes a long way toward displaying fighter accuracy in the game.

Realistic stats and movesets matter. Online, I have no problem with someone using Conor as a wrestler and trying to shoot for takedowns. What I do have a problem with is if someone is successful using Conor that way. The goal should be to force online and offline players to use the strengths of their fighter.

Jones should have good kicks, a great clinch and great choke subs. If I decide to use Jones, I shouldnt be able to easily win strictly by using punches. If his stats are realistic, people who use Jones will be encouraged to use what he's good at and to fight realistically.
Thank you!

This is how I see the a couple of fighters realistically (these are just rough examples)

MAX NUMBER: 96, MINIMUM: 69

Jones
:
Strenght: 87
Speed: 78
Cardio: 88
Footwork: 78
Chin: 92
Recovery: ???? (He never been rocked badly)
Boxing: 76
Boxing def: 80 (Been hit hard by Gus and Machida punches)
Kicks: 87
Kicks def: 85
Takedowns: 88
Td Def: 90
Clinch grappling: 86
Clinch strikes: 78
Clinch control: 88
Gnp: 90
Top game of: 82
Bottom game of: 88 (Only been taken down twice i think, and popped back up right away)
Top control: 78
Bottom control: 86 (Never got his guard passed ever)
Choke Subs: 83
Choke def: 90
Joints subs: 84
Joints def: 80 (Belfort almost got his arm before)

Conor:
Strenght: 78
Speed: 87
Cardio: 80
Footwork: 90
Chin: 89 (Counting that time when Nate hurt him)
Boxing: 92 (OP hands)
Boxing def: 80 (he gets tagged quite often)
Kicks: 81 (He just spams them as a distraction most of the times)
Kicks def: 86
Takedowns: 74
Td Def: 86
Clinch grappling: 75
Clinch strikes: 74
Clinch control: 73
Gnp: 75
Top game of: 78
Bottom game of: 76
Top control: 82 (Kept holloway on the ground for 2 rounds)
Bottom control: 79
Choke Subs: 73 (Only 1 submission choke win in his career)
Choke def: 80 (2 losses by RNC)
Joints subs: 69 (Never submitted anyone with a joint sub)
Joints def: 84 (Only been submitted once with a joint sub)

Mighty Mouse:
Strenght: 83
Speed: 96
Cardio: 90
Footwork: 92
Chin: 84 (Cracked before by Elliot and Dodson in the UFC)
Recovery: 90
Boxing: 82
Boxing def: 87
Kicks: 87
Kick def: 89
Takedowns: 85
Td Def: 87
Clinch grappling: 87
Clinch strikes: 89
Clinch control: 84
Gnp: 78
Top game of: 84
Bottom game of: 86
Top control: 82
Bottom control: 82
Choke Subs: 84
Choke def: 90
Joints subs: 87
Joints def: 90

Bisping:
Strenght: 78
Speed: 87
Cardio: 90
Footwork: 83
Chin: 80 (We know he gets hurt a lot)
Recovery: 93 (The guy recovers really fast)
Boxing: 85
Boxing def: 79
Kicks: 77
Kicks def: 80
Takedowns: 79
Td Def: 82 (Been outwrestled before in the MW div)
Clinch grappling: 76
Clinch strikes: 86
Clinch control: 75
Gnp: 84
Top game of: 77
Bottom game of: 86 (He pops back up fast)
Top control: 75
Choke Subs: 72
Choke def: 88 (Submitted once after being hurt)
Joints subs: 78 (2 wins by joint subs)
Joints def: 91

Khabib:
Strenght: 90
Speed: 78
Cardio: 86 (Haven't seen him go 5 rnds)
Footwork: 75
Chin: 90
Recovery: ???? (I don't remember seeing him hurt)
Boxing: 77
Boxing def: 75 (Johnson tagged him)
Kicks: 72
Kicks def: 87
Takedowns: 91
Td Def: 89
Clinch grappling: 82
Clinch strikes: 76
Clinch control: 88
Gnp: 89
Top game of: 86
Bottom game of: 79
Top control: 85
Choke Subs: 84 (Lot of traingle choke wins)
Choke def: 92
Joints subs: 80 (3 wins by joint subs)
Joints def: 93

Gotta watch Khabib fights in Russia to have a better reference but these are just ideas.

Last edited by Kkdbeats; 07-31-2017 at 02:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »