Home

I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

This is a discussion on I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #33
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
So, rather than have both sides meet in the middle, you want just one side to have it exactly how they want? Come on now.

To answer your second question, I can't get into that. Just know that understanding UFC3 will take quite some time when it comes to striking and that will be MUCH longer if you cannot see your opponents health meters.
I offered a compromise in the second paragraph which you failed to bold.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #34
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Oh and not to mention how god awful grappling would be if you couldn't see your opponents stamina.

HELLLLLLLLLLL NO
i disagree i think it would make the ground game much better, the only thing it might affect is going for submissions when the opponent stamina is low. However submissions shouldnt correlate with stamina because realistically you can submit anyone anytime in real life regardless of their stamina.

Right now people are just watching eachother staminas, denying denying then making the move to advance, its more about watching the opponents stamina then actually making strategic moves. I feel it would open up the ground game more.

But there needs to be a trial run first then see the reception it gets then move forward from there.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
No, everyone's not happy if you can just turn it off. That's basically just limiting the information that one side gets if they choose to go that route. We can basically do that now.

Now if you mean that we can only matchup with others with the same settings, then I'm definitely cool with that.

And why should we know exactly how much damage we're doing? Knowing your fighters strengths should be good enough to help you formulate an attack.
I have no dog in this fight because I play pretty much offline (with the Hud off) but I think there are enough clues to know when someone is damaged. We have hit stuns, we have the commentary, we have health events and we have knockdowns. In real life, you really dont have much more than that to determine if someone is hurt.

If I punch you, I have no idea if you were seriously hurt other than the damage it causes to your face and your reaction to it. The visual damage system needs to be redone but I think there are enough reactions to know if someone is hurt.

This comes down to is this a fighting game or a sports sim. I want it to be a sports sim. In a fighting game, you know exactly how much damage someone has taken. In a sport you just have to use reactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #36
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

I started to play in ranked without the stamina and health bar and how to say it feel really good!
Practically better!
Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #37
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
So, rather than have both sides meet in the middle, you want just one side to have it exactly how they want? Come on now.
First off, it's not meeting in the middle, let's be real please.
Second, it's not one side, it's the majority.
And lastly, that majority is the "side" that wants realism, what EA advertises this unsuccessful series to be like. You're acting like there's so much to lose by trying different things, these games suck and we all know it, the Undisputed series rock and we know it, one of the reasons why that is, is because they went with a realistic approach, so did the successful Fight Night series.

I just don't understand why it takes so long for people to realize all this series needs is realism, we need to feel as many aspects as possible from the actual art of fighting, letting you know your opponents body status takes away a few of these aspects, and for what? So that casuals who throw the game away after realizing there's no depth to it have an easier time of understanding the mechanics which they could do in training mode?

There is no "meeting in the middle" here Kenetic. We're not in the middle right now, it's either realistic or not, and currently it's not. Just don't pretend that we're at a justified point of middle ground for both sides because our opponents can always know everything about our fighters status whether we remove it from our screen or not.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #38
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
First off, it's not meeting in the middle, let's be real please.
Second, it's not one side, it's the majority.
And lastly, that majority is the "side" that wants realism, what EA advertises this unsuccessful series to be like. You're acting like there's so much to lose by trying different things, these games suck and we all know it, the Undisputed series rock and we know it, one of the reasons why that is, is because they went with a realistic approach, so did the successful Fight Night series.

I just don't understand why it takes so long for people to realize all this series needs is realism, we need to feel as many aspects as possible from the actual art of fighting, letting you know your opponents body status takes away a few of these aspects, and for what? So that casuals who throw the game away after realizing there's no depth to it have an easier time of understanding the mechanics which they could do in training mode?

There is no "meeting in the middle" here Kenetic. We're not in the middle right now, it's either realistic or not, and currently it's not. Just don't pretend that we're at a justified point of middle ground for both sides because our opponents can always know everything about our fighters status whether we remove it from our screen or not.
Shirley you aren't saying the majority of ea ufc players want the HUD gone?

I have to be reading that wrong or interpreting it wrong.

That whole first paragraph seems bonkers. These games suck? Lol. I don't know if UD3 online was way better than UD2, but UD2 was much cheesier than EA.

Also have you ever been in a fight or done any competitive sports? No way can tell from a 2d screen the same info you get in real life.

Last edited by Dave_S; 08-19-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #39
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Alright after some serious thought, I'll agree that you shouldn't see your opponents health and stamina.

You SHOULD be able to see your own though.

And Pappy, I did read that part just didn't want to acknowledge it because it'd never happen. We don't need more ways to divide a player base.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #40
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

For the most part I only ever look at the stamina bars. I do look for my head and body to stop flashing during health events.... sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »