Home

Brian Stann, ufc 3 commentary?

This is a discussion on Brian Stann, ufc 3 commentary? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Brian Stann, ufc 3 commentary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Let's see Goldberg has been gone since UFC 207 of 2016. And if I remember right that Joe Rogan said he wasn't going to do any international broadcasting, just only commentating inside the states. We still have Joe Rogan which is true but he hasn't been commentating as much as he used to. He said he wanted a lesser schedule about this time last year.

https://youtu.be/XTJEkzBrkmI

Also Joe's contact is supposed to be up soon but we haven't had any news about if he signed for another year or not.

http://mmaimports.com/2017/06/joe-ro...is-be-the-end/

We'll have to see where that goes as well because we might not have Joe either if he didn't renew his contact.

We've been having alot More of Anik, Cruz, DC, Stan, and Hardy in fights. You game changers played the game but I don't believe you played a build that has commentary in it. But even if you did it would be against your contract to speak on it yes?

From now until March is a decent amount of time to make adjustments on such an important feature though. Whoever EA is able to use though will be good.
We played a game with the new commentary in it. I cant say who or how many commentators there are in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll be honest. I love 2k but I hated how they did the multiple announcers. One, only certain announcers were used for certain teams. For example, Webber and Barry pretty much only did the west coast teams and Burke and others did east coast teams. Now that can work for the 2k but not for the UFC. Each color commentator would have do lines for all 250 plus fighters and that takes up ALOT of time.

Two, even with all the commentators, 2k didnt spend a ton of time recording with each of them and it showed. You were hearing repetitive line after line a week into owning the game.

Three, voice and video recording take alot of time. Here is an example: Megan Olivi is in UFC 3. I'm not breaking any news because she posted video of her doing the recording on her instagram. I've seen what she does in the game and its cool. She was recorded for 2 days and she didnt a quarter of the work that a play by play or color commenator would have to do for the game. It took 2 days just for that.

So take Rogan. He has a podcast. He has comedy shows. He has UFC PPVs. He doesnt have a ton of time to fly up to Vancouver and record for days. Neither does Stann or Cormier or Cruz. Hardy may have more time but you also have to fly him in from Europe.

Dont get me wrong. I desperately want more and better presentation but right now the question is if it enough bang for your buck. Are people going to buy the game simply because there are 3 analysts and a studio show?
I see what your point about people being very busy. But that makes things even more interesting with who they will be able to use. It's just presentation though. Regardless of if presentation has little depth or alot of depth people will buy the game. It's bells and whistles. I just personally wish we could have such depth.

Repetitive lines cannot be avoided this is true. But knowing the schedule of most people is limited who do you feel will be used for commentating?
Old 08-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
We played a game with the new commentary in it. I cant say who or how many commentators there are in it.
You guys are lucky. But with what you said about Stan, and cormier makes me feel like they won't be used. Lol make a silouhett of the commentators like Mortal Kombat and Injustice does to make people guess who their DLC is.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
You guys are lucky. But with what you said about Stan, and cormier makes me feel like they won't be used. Lol make a silouhett of the commentators like Mortal Kombat and Injustice does to make people guess who their DLC is.

Don't assume anything based on what I said. My only point is getting people to record commentary isn't cheap or easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Stann left to go do real estate (we have a weird sport) so probably not him.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:28 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Don't assume anything based on what I said. My only point is getting people to record commentary isn't cheap or easy.

EA is going to use whomever they please. All we could do is suggest and see what they consider. As far as pricing budgeting, getting people to the studio goes I can't say I'm no developer. Maybe you already know stan is in. Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. I didn't play the game so I don't know.

It's kind of crazy how quiet EA has been about EA UFC 3 though. No news from them at all. The only thing I seen is a few motion capture videos that look new but I can't confirm if they are new or not. That and the Megan Olivi reporter saying she was in the game, which if it were true then maybe we do have some new type of presentation approach for EA UFC 3.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
EA is going to use whomever they please. All we could do is suggest and see what they consider. As far as pricing budgeting, getting people to the studio goes I can't say I'm no developer. Maybe you already know stan is in. Maybe he is or maybe he isn't. I didn't play the game so I don't know.

It's kind of crazy how quiet EA has been about EA UFC 3 though. No news from them at all. The only thing I seen is a few motion capture videos that look new but I can't confirm if they are new or not. That and the Megan Olivi reporter saying she was in the game, which if it were true then maybe we do have some new type of presentation approach for EA UFC 3.

The game won't be released until the 4th quarter of the fiscal year. December through March. Ea doesn't promote games 4-7 mos out.

There has been plenty of news about the game from Gamechangers and GPD. Also Megan is in the game. She showed videos of her working. I just can't say what she is actually doing because of the NDA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #32
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
The game won't be released until the 4th quarter of the fiscal year. December through March. Ea doesn't promote games 4-7 mos out.

There has been plenty of news about the game from Gamechangers and GPD. Also Megan is in the game. She showed videos of her working. I just can't say what she is actually doing because of the NDA.

most likely for career mode intervewing fighters after a fight or before for media days. Just her being in the game means a better interaction within career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »