Home

Information Provided by MartialMind

This is a discussion on Information Provided by MartialMind within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Information Provided by MartialMind

Someone said stats shouldn't overcome skills but the stats are based off the skills of the real life fighters, right?

Otherwise what are we doing here?

Why do you want to fight like Cruz with anyone? If you want to fight like Cruz, pick Cruz. If you don't, pick someone else then.

In real life wrestlers/grapples can almost always win and control a fight against someone that can't stop them from taking them down.

So far nobody has beaten Khabib. I can only think of a handful of fighters in real life with the required skills to beat him. In the game, you should have to figure out who those guys are and get good at mastering those controls of those fighters and their skills to avoid getting grounded out by Khabib.

You want to use wrestling to set up your strikes? Pick Tyron Woodley. Get good at figuring out who these fighters are in real life instead of making us UFC fans figure out who Dominick Cruz and Anderson Silva are in UFC 3.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #74
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I'm still going to wrestle with Anderson Silva regardless

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #75
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Is normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #76
Rookie

I definitely agree with the realism side of this argument. I just hope if the ranked matches go the competitive route instead of realistic then let me have a sim mode in unranked and offline. I don't care about having a ranking I just care about having fun with a game I'm passionate about. In my opinion Ultimate Team would be a good place for competitive fights and ranked can be the sim mode. I hate UT already with all the ridiculous CAF's that just completely ruin any immersion I have in the game, but I'm one of those guys who have always hated CAF's because of how dumb people are able to make them look. It just ruins the game for me. I will be happy either way as long as I can play online in a sim mode somewhere.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #77
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I am also with MartialMind on this one. I want a game where you can always get clipped by your opponent, but other than that, you pick a fighter for their strengths and you are also going to have to deal with their weaknesses.

This is the only real way to truly set fighters apart from another. Stop giving special favors to champions of divisions, that can ruin a division completely by making them stronger than they actually are.

In EA UFC 2 you are pretty much telling everyone that picking anyone but Conor is pointless because he can do everything, even though we all know his flaws. In sure there are good counters to him in the game, I am no top player and I don't pretend to be, but I don't want to see this handled that way.

It should still be possible to please the real competitive players, just look at how Undisputed 3 handled it. Add a special filter for a striker/grappler archetype or just have mirror matchmaking, something to put players on the same level so it comes down to player skill.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #78
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

As long as it's fun, I don't care. More on the real side though.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:18 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
The ONLY way that you will appeal to everyone is to have your normal or arcade mode for the casuals and have a hardcore sim for those of us who want a more realistic MMA game. I don't see why they can't have both, I mean Undisputed 3 had both, couldn't tell you what arcade mode was like but I'm sure there's a few people that enjoyed it. It seems like when you try to straddle the line between arcade and sim,nobody ends up happy. Seems like the last 2 efforts tried this thinking it would appeal to everyone and just the opposite happened. I'm sure most would agree that including a separate mode for both would be the best option.
It was actually both the realist and the competitive gamers who turned on Sim mode in Undisputed 3. I think your idea of casuals are not what what we are getting at. For me, the higher the skill depth and learning curve, the better IMO.

Last edited by Evil97; 09-07-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:20 AM   #80
Banned

When it comes to realism vs. arcadey, the best way to solve this kind of issue is sliders. And since they don't want to give us sliders, it's pretty much up to them to find a balance. Which they have not done.

Little things like just changing fighter tendencies goes a huge way towards realism. Just highlighting their strengths goes a huge way towards realism. Knowing the difference between fighters when you fight them makes a huge difference on gameplay. You didn't have this in the slightest with UFC 2. No matter who you fought, they were always going for head kicks and takedowns, which is stupid and looks stupid. And I understand that kind of thing was a problem with UFC 1 as well (did not play it). So forgive me if I don't have faith in them ever listening about it. I'd love to be wrong though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »