Home

Issues you hope get addressed in UFC 3

This is a discussion on Issues you hope get addressed in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #49
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issues you hope get addressed in UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Takedown defense really needs to be looked at. It was way too easy to block takedowns after missed strikes.

Get rid of the ability to pre deny takedowns. It should work the same as the parry. Too early and you’re on your back. This was the most frustrating part of UFC2 for me. Duck a spinning kick, go for takedown, opponent standing on one leg stuffs TD. It has to go.

The other thing is the ease in which submissions are initiated. Constant submission attempts one after another should not be a viable defense strategy.

Tone down the rubber guard.

Arm trap mechanic needs work. Getting arm trapped and then getting out and maintaining position should not drain all the dominant fighters stamina.
Very true. Tdd is definitely op'd. There isn't proper logic when it comes to it. Ppl can swing big strikes, you duck under perfectly with the shot and they are still able to defend. There needs to be better logic to it. Where well timed td's matter more and will more than likely put you on your back.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:22 AM   #50
Pro

After some testing on EA UFC 2 I believe I found one of the reasons the stamina system felt so off. I turned on two controllers and then hit the other fighter with more then 200 strikes mostly body strikes. My stamina bar was a little past half full.

While the other controller still had full stamina. So the issue is permanent stamina depletion is not good enough. The 200 plus strikes only took off what looked like 2% to 5% of the other controller's stamina. If I were to do the same thing in Fight Night or UFC Undisputed the other controller would not have this much stamina after receiving that many strikes.

In Fight Night and Undisputed the stamina is effected in many ways, two main ways is taking damage and from throwing strikes. Taking damage or even many body shots in EA UFC 2 does very little to permanent stamina loss. Which is the reason we see so many fights with unrealistic strike totals in EA UFC 2 is because taking damage doesn't really have a permanent effect on your stamina as it should.

I can't say what EA UFC 3 will be like but it can't be anything like it is now for EA UFC 2. The current stamina system would actually reward you for taking lots of damage because you'll have more stamina then the guy whose dishing out the damage on you, because his stamina bar is depleting far faster from every strike thrown. You couldn't take damage like that in UFC Undisputed or Fight Night and still expect to have an almost full stamina bar.

As well the stamina recovery system in between rounds needs to be adjusted of how it replenishes your stamina based off how you fought.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #51
Rookie

How about the broken movesets that exists on some fighters where they have submission moves from positions not avaliable to them. This issue needs to be addressed where it has existed over both games which is unacceptable. Or better yet, why not address it by giving us the freedom/ability to edit the movesets on fighters like any other sports game which eliminates any future issues of similar sort. And just like the other sports games, default the editing when playing online. Come on EA, it'ssssss tiiiiiiiiime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #52
Rookie

EightBall1997's Arena

FEINTS!
I hope the feints and fake takdowns look believable this time. I just cringe when trying to use the feints in UFC 2

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBall1997
FEINTS!
I hope the feints and fake takdowns look believable this time. I just cringe when trying to use the feints in UFC 2

Good news for you, strike cancelling has basically been confirmed.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #54
Rookie

EightBall1997's Arena

For real!?! That's awesome.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBall1997
For real!?! That's awesome.

Yep, GPD starts hinting at it here:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-ufc3-22.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #56
Rookie

A more fitting soundtrack that gets you pumped up or makes you feel like you're about to grind (Like EA UFC 1, UD 3).

A more dynamic and appealing menu (Like EA UFC 1 or EA MMA).

Better artworks.

Sounds like petty sh*t but it actually helps with the atmosphere of the game and should be discussed more often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »