Home

GDC 2016 Talk on the EA UFC 2 Grappling System

This is a discussion on GDC 2016 Talk on the EA UFC 2 Grappling System within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GDC 2016 Talk on the EA UFC 2 Grappling System

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Im pretty much a striker 95%, but the ground game improvements for EA UFC 2 impressed me. So much improvement. Well Done. Now Im looking forward to the stand up improvements for UFC 3.
Yup the ground changes were very impressive...revolutionary stuff. Just makes me even more excited to see the changes to the striking in UFC 3.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:06 AM   #10
MVP

UFC1 600 two-player ground animations
UFC2 1957 two-player ground animations
UFC2's entire grappling system 3153 two-player animations
1317 motion captured and processed

wow. way much more than i thought. i'm so curious How many for ea ufc3?
Old 10-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #11
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
UFC1 600 two-player ground animations
UFC2 1957 two-player ground animations
UFC2's entire grappling system 3153 two-player animations
1317 motion captured and processed

wow. way much more than i thought. i'm so curious How many for ea ufc3?
I’m guessing a lot. Undisputed 3 most likely had a ton too, and GPD said that UFC 3 will have way more mocap done than any other previous UFC game, so I’m interesting to know the number too. Hope they eventually release UFC 3’s GDC conference, if they do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #12
Pro

What happened to the "dope mount"? The postured up advanced transition from dominant half guard to mount that Maia does. It was in early and seemingly patched out... completely out. I can't seem to recreate it if circumstantial to stamina levels like a lot of other transitions. Anyhow I remember the animation looking good. Anyone have any insight on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
What happened to the "dope mount"? The postured up advanced transition from dominant half guard to mount that Maia does. It was in early and seemingly patched out... completely out. I can't seem to recreate it if circumstantial to stamina levels like a lot of other transitions. Anyhow I remember the animation looking good. Anyone have any insight on this?

Yh I was wondering why they took it out too. I mean everyone should not have had the dope mount animation, but it was fine for some fighters like Maia, Conor, ect. Then other fighters could have had a more regular looking mount animation. Curious as to why it was removed though.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #14
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

I honestly don't remember what happened to it.

Zack keeps bugging me about it too but I haven't had a chance to look into it.

We captured it specifically because of Conor's pass to mount against Siver, but I'm guessing it either got lost in the move assignments some how, or it was OP somehow and I forget taking it out.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I honestly don't remember what happened to it.

Zack keeps bugging me about it too but I haven't had a chance to look into it.

We captured it specifically because of Conor's pass to mount against Siver, but I'm guessing it either got lost in the move assignments some how, or it was OP somehow and I forget taking it out.
Yh Conor did it to Siver and Maia was doing it a ton before that. I don't think everyone should have it, but it was a cool animation for certain fighters to have. Hope you guys get it back in UFC 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 10:18 PM   #16
Rookie

Watched it and it was interesting. I've always said the system is great and all and has a lot of potential for adding alot of content through this procedural techniques. The problem i have with the grappling department in UFC 2 is just that, "content". You guys have been able to implement alot of animations from specific positions, but there is a lot of moves and positions missing in order to further the procedural techniques. I hope you guys have been able to implement a majority of the positions/subs listed in the grappling thread for UFC 3. I know you have invested a lot from the budget and time in order to revamp the striking department, but i would be very disappointed if the grappling isn't constructively extended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »