Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Pro

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

This is what I noticed from rewatching the trailer multiple times frame by frame last night. I fell asleep before posting this.

This one trailer has so much going on in it. I can't stop watching it.

2 Seconds in looks like McGregor hitting the heavy bag, bouncing around showing off new movement, and his Unique strikes.
11 second Mark McGregor looked like he weaved under the focus mits, showing a new headmovement animation, and new training game.

14 Seconds in Aldo is either feinting or strike canceling.
McGregor knocks him out with the new backward movements via the new controls.
16 Seconds in McGregor knocks Diaz into a seated cage position.

21 Seconds Press Confrences.
23 Seconds in McGregor is wearing a different suit then the 19 Second Mark.

19 Seconds To 34 Second Mark showed Different personalities and possible options in career mode during Confrences and weigh ins. Such as hostile or respectful. Calm or hyped.

42 Seconds Sprinting Confirmed & New Flying Kick
45 Seconds Cruz looked like He has his unique stance/ movement.

48 Seconds Marc Diakiese signature kick.

50 Seconds New Headmovement.

52 Seconds New Slam to Submission finish. DJ Vs Borg.
1:00 Fluid Forward Movement Striking With Head Movement to Head Kick Combo

1:02 New Superman Punch Animation From GSP on BJ Penn

1:04 Conor McGregor Footwork Bouncing On His Feet.
1:06 Nice Slip Followed up by a 5 Piece Combo on Alvarez.
Signature Movement.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
MVP

Wasn't everything I needed to know. I want to know how getting into the clinch and ground works out balance wise.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Wasn't everything I needed to know. I want to know how getting into the clinch and ground works out balance wise.
So do I.

So let me know once the beta goes live.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
Pro

The Vulnerable mechanics is an awesome addition to the game. Fights are going to be insane now. Imagine the intensity people felt watching Anderson vs Belfort. We'll be able to set people up in such a way with this new mechanic.

With the new sprinting mechanic I feel we will be able to counter someone rushing us, since they would be real vulnerable. But at the same time if we get hit with that running strike we will be in trouble.

Im glad that EA UFC 3's locomotion system is like that of EA FIght Night. The controls are different yes but it's not hard at all. I honestly feel combos will be more accurate now because I've had combos in EA UFC 2 that threw strikes that I wasn't trying to throw because the forward and backward movements we're still registering I was going that way even though I let go of the Right Stick.

Right stick headmovement is a nice new addition this is the first game to have this Headmovement. However with that said I'm sure L2/LT is now a kick modifer button. It's alot easier to reach because I'm sure L1+LB is still a technique modifier. But we'll see when it's confirmed.

Can't wait to have creative battles in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
The Vulnerable mechanics is an awesome addition to the game. Fights are going to be insane now. Imagine the intensity people felt watching Anderson vs Belfort. We'll be able to set people up in such a way with this new mechanic.

With the new sprinting mechanic I feel we will be able to counter someone rushing us, since they would be real vulnerable. But at the same time if we get hit with that running strike we will be in trouble.

Im glad that EA UFC 3's locomotion system is like that of EA FIght Night. The controls are different yes but it's not hard at all. I honestly feel combos will be more accurate now because I've had combos in EA UFC 2 that threw strikes that I wasn't trying to throw because the forward and backward movements we're still registering I was going that way even though I let go of the Right Stick.

Right stick headmovement is a nice new addition this is the first game to have this Headmovement. However with that said I'm sure L2/LT is now a kick modifer button. It's alot easier to reach because I'm sure L1+LB is still a technique modifier. But we'll see when it's confirmed.

Can't wait to have creative battles in this game.
Only thing I would like confirmed now is as follows.

Is there real one shot power? Outside of vulnerability windows, I mean. If I hit you with a flush, level 5 Cro Cop head kick, you should be seriously rocked or even KO'd. GPD, can you confirm at all?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Great breakdown, so happy about parries not being in the game. The body movement, head movement and striking all out together sounds like an amazing system. Can't wait to try it.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #8
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Only thing I would like confirmed now is as follows.

Is there real one shot power? Outside of vulnerability windows, I mean. If I hit you with a flush, level 5 Cro Cop head kick, you should be seriously rocked or even KO'd. GPD, can you confirm at all?
Level 5 kicks is where you start to get to that breakpoint where it might one shot rock someone with no setup at all depending on their chin rating.

If it's later in the fight, then yes 100% for sure there's one shot power outside of vulnerability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »