Home

So, why should i attack first?

This is a discussion on So, why should i attack first? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 02:21 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: So, why should i attack first?

Can you answer if the hit detection has been fixed? Many times Ive thrown hooks, or knees or flying knees etc as someone is leaning back just for my strikes to hit air even though Im in range and should be hitting. How does leaning back stop me from throwing an overhand body hook? Or landing a flush knee. Even just swaying caused some strikes to miss the body for no reason
Old 11-05-2017, 02:42 AM   #18
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

So that you can try and pick up on your opponents counter striking tendencies. See if they know about vulnerability and are trying to get you with that technique
Old 11-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #19
Pro

EA MMA Striking Tip Video. Counters Explained @ 1:04 Mark.
https://youtu.be/1uxYKgMly8Q

Last edited by Malaach; 11-05-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:40 AM   #20
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Can you answer if the hit detection has been fixed? Many times Ive thrown hooks, or knees or flying knees etc as someone is leaning back just for my strikes to hit air even though Im in range and should be hitting. How does leaning back stop me from throwing an overhand body hook? Or landing a flush knee. Even just swaying caused some strikes to miss the body for no reason
The hit detection in UFC2 really isn’t that bad, it’s mainly atrocious when the back sway comes into play like you mentioned.

I think it’s safe to say, you will no longer hit air
Old 11-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #21
Rookie

Wow! It's almost as if the fighting is actually risky and dangerous, just like in real life. Remember Woodley vs Thompson 1 and 2? That's what you wanted, right?

You would attack first because that may be your style. It's a video game man, if you get KOd in the game you don't get hurt IRL.

I knew people would cry about this when I first heard of it. "Waaaaah, why should I even attack if I'll just get countered?!". Because it's fun, dude. Now you have to actually put some thought into how you fight. Sway, mix it up, feint, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozoog
Wow! It's almost as if the fighting is actually risky and dangerous, just like in real life. Remember Woodley vs Thompson 1 and 2? That's what you wanted, right?

You would attack first because that may be your style. It's a video game man, if you get KOd in the game you don't get hurt IRL.

I knew people would cry about this when I first heard of it. "Waaaaah, why should I even attack if I'll just get countered?!". Because it's fun, dude. Now you have to actually put some thought into how you fight. Sway, mix it up, feint, etc.
Exactly.

I would attack first to get some reads, see what your defense is like, see what your tendencies are, set up some shots for later, get you thinking about surviving as opposed to fighting, win the rounds and most of all, to clown you once I've seen what you can do!

With strike cancels and the new movement system, it's going to be much harder to get good counters off if you just sit back and wait. By the time you've figured out the timing, your body will be red, and your face busted up.

That's the mindset behind wanting to attack first really.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyzz
I think setting the strikes up using feints and alot of movement will be key.
If feints are strike cancels, then what prevents vulnerability windows being applied to feints?

Vulnerability windows start at the very beginning​ of strikes, so feints having vulnerability windows seems like a potential issue.

And if feints have this same penalty, it again raises the question of why should I strike or even feint first?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #24
Banned

Fight like it's a real fight use jabs and feints to set up bigger punches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »