Home

So, why should i attack first?

This is a discussion on So, why should i attack first? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:48 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So, why should i attack first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
If feints are strike cancels, then what prevents vulnerability windows being applied to feints?

Vulnerability windows start at the very beginning​ of strikes, so feints having vulnerability windows seems like a potential issue.

And if feints have this same penalty, it again raises the question of why should I strike or even feint first?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Operation Sports mobile app
The way to counter a feint is to actually attack the guy while he is feinting. That is fine. Feinting is a luxury that requires a passive opponent (in the given situatioon, at least).

Also keep in mind that vulnerability is organic. It's like "if I'm hitting while I'm doing something, I'm dead". It depends on what you do and with what you get hit. And basic attacks concede less vulnerbaility than bigger ones. A certain amount of vulnerability might be just enough to add a bit more damage to the strike you took, without causing any health events. Henry went into detail in breakdown video of the trailer.

I respect your concern. I really do. Stuff like this (rewarding counters) has been screwed up before, in other games. Even EA MMA had one hell of an Achilles Heel (the parry head kick). But I repeat: the game is not too defensive at all. If you try to turtle for a second, you'll likely regret it.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #34
Pro

Watch people won't strike if they see rumble Johnson as their opponent lol.

Instead people might sit back making the fights look like Hendo Vs TRT Vitor.

If Tyson is still in EA UFC 3 I feel sorry for anyone trying to stand and trade with him. Especially with the new striking mechanics. Tyson with EA UFC 3 mechanics and controls=absolute monster!
Old 11-05-2017, 11:01 PM   #35
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

What if fighter throwing first has much better hand speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #36
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
Martial, did you enjoy the fainting when you played? Did you feel it was implemented well?
I definitely did.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:19 PM   #37
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

He used an epic feint against me. I wish I could tell it in detail.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind

Compare him to someone like Tony Ferguson who just jumps head first into the fire, throwing wild shots, getting tagged left and right, and surviving because of his chin
Will fighters like this still be able to work? Like, for most people, this should get you knocked out, but will there be fighters like Justin Gaethje, Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Tony Ferguson who can absorb shots and just keep on trucking?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #39
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

It sound like there's a bit more defensive striking added to the game as well, so I don't think attacking first is going to be as dangerous as it may seem.

I'm also hoping combo speed is a think again too. Combo (punch and kick) speed has got to be separate from regular punch/kick speed. A fighter like Yair Rodriguez has got to have a higher kick combo speed than a fighter like Jose Aldo. Jose may have lightning fast kicks (esp leg kicks), but he doesn't generally throw a variation of speedy kick combos like Yair can do.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:28 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejahamps
Will fighters like this still be able to work? Like, for most people, this should get you knocked out, but will there be fighters like Justin Gaethje, Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, Tony Ferguson who can absorb shots and just keep on trucking?
Yes. Stats matter and perks will matter. Mark Hunt will be harder to KO than someone like Arlovski.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »