Home

New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

This is a discussion on New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Ok, but Lamas does not even have time to put his guard, seems not fair, and i hope with a guy like Edson no matter the distance, his leg kicks will be efficient and generate a hit stun.
Thats not realistic though. Edson doesnt generate a hit stun on every kick in real life. The damage should be a mix of things (Edson's move level on a leg kick which should be high/the leg strength rating of his opponent/where the leg kick lands)

The good news about Edson though is that we can try him out in the beta and see how it feels.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Re: New UFC 3 PPV Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I think its more difficult than it sounds, to add a referee getting involved in the action.
Yep. With the dreamcast, there were only a few places where a stoppage could take place so it wasnt as difficult to animate that.

With that said, this has been a complaint since UFC 1 so I hope the team eventually gets around to improving those animations.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick_Csc
Holy crap I wasn’t sure if that many ppl on this forum remember that old a$$ game. Haha my brothers n I had a blast back then on the Dreamcast. Playing as Kevin randleman n the old Ufc man. Good times.

I do remember the refs pushing you off. But I feel like back then there were a lot less variables in the gameplay then there is now. N I agree while it would be awesome to get refs jumping in to break it up. I’m with yari on this one it’s a ton of work to do from how many finishing positions are in the game, its just a lower priority compared to making the other gameplay aspects better.

I remembered talking to Brian Hayes during he ea Ufc 1 event I went to n they were explaining
The reasoning why they didn’t have this in because I did ask about it n that’s basically the reason he gave me. Low priority. I also asked about cuts having an effect on stamina and he fight in general if we would get dr stoppages but he said with no mini game there’s no way to give you the chance to improve the cut. Otherwise it’d make the player feel cheated when they lost.
Why it is low priority??? the referee interaction is very important part of mma. mma is different from boxing or k-1. refs stopping a fight absolutely need in submission and finish the fight. you know, when ea ufc1 came out, you couldn't finish GNP after knockouted. it looks like boxing. and they put in the ko zoom there. its really bad. i don't know...

Last edited by tissues250; 11-05-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #36
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not realistic though. Edson doesnt generate a hit stun on every kick in real life. The damage should be a mix of things (Edson's move level on a leg kick which should be high/the leg strength rating of his opponent/where the leg kick lands)

The good news about Edson though is that we can try him out in the beta and see how it feels.
After a successful leg kick when the opponent doesnt check it, i doubt that it dont generate "hit stun" and even more that he doesnt have the time to put his guard.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Why it is low priority??? the referee interaction is very important part of mma. mma is different from boxing or k-1. refs stopping a fight absolutely need in submission and finish the fight. you know, when ea ufc1 came out, you couldn't finish GNP after knockouted. it looks like boxing. and they put in the ko zoom there. its really bad. i don't know...
Its low priority when compared to the other stuff they are working on. I want to see it in the game badly but if you told me that they decided to use a mocap session to mo cap ref interacting with the many different stoppage and sub positions instead of using that session for more strikes or grappling positions...I'd say they shouldve used for the striking and grappling.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #38
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick_Csc
Holy crap I wasn’t sure if that many ppl on this forum remember that old a$$ game. Haha my brothers n I had a blast back then on the Dreamcast. Playing as Kevin randleman n the old Ufc man. Good times.

I do remember the refs pushing you off. But I feel like back then there were a lot less variables in the gameplay then there is now. N I agree while it would be awesome to get refs jumping in to break it up. I’m with yari on this one it’s a ton of work to do from how many finishing positions are in the game, its just a lower priority compared to making the other gameplay aspects better.

I remembered talking to Brian Hayes during he ea Ufc 1 event I went to n they were explaining
The reasoning why they didn’t have this in because I did ask about it n that’s basically the reason he gave me. Low priority. I also asked about cuts having an effect on stamina and he fight in general if we would get dr stoppages but he said with no mini game there’s no way to give you the chance to improve the cut. Otherwise it’d make the player feel cheated when they lost.
Im old lol i remember all the old school games.That game was so amazing for it's time! We would get about 9 or 10 people at my buddy's house and make up our own tourney, I usually tore everyone up with Hughes lol. That was my fave MMA game until I played Pride FC on the ps2.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
After a successful leg kick when the opponent doesnt check it, i doubt that it dont generate "hit stun" and even more that he doesnt have the time to put his guard.
I dont know man. Ive seen more than a few people walk though one unchecked Barbosa leg kick. Now many unchecked Barbosa leg kicks? Nah.

Thats why the beta is going to be so interesting. I want to see how people use a guy like Barbosa with great leg kicks. Are people going to complain that its OP when people are using Barbosa and chewing up people's legs from the outside.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #40
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

The distance argument is comprehensible but the fact he doesnt have the time to put his guard is unfair.

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 11-05-2017 at 12:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »