Home

I just hope the A.I has been redone for EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on I just hope the A.I has been redone for EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just hope the A.I has been redone for EA UFC 3

Apart from the input lag on the ground, I didn't mind the online play for EA UFC 2, but I ended up refunding the game because I wanted to play alot of offline and the offline AI just did nothing for me.

On Pro you could just walk forward and throw 1-2's and the AI were knocked out by the 2nd round. They also didn't fight like the fighters would really fight. I remember Joanna and Conor would go for takedowns and crap like that. I know EA UFC 1's A.I was pretty cheap, but at least it was a decent enough challenge.

Has anything been said about the AI for EA UFC 3 anywhere?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: I just hope the A.I has been redone for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden
Apart from the input lag on the ground, I didn't mind the online play for EA UFC 2, but I ended up refunding the game because I wanted to play alot of offline and the offline AI just did nothing for me.

On Pro you could just walk forward and throw 1-2's and the AI were knocked out by the 2nd round. They also didn't fight like the fighters would really fight. I remember Joanna and Conor would go for takedowns and crap like that. I know EA UFC 1's A.I was pretty cheap, but at least it was a decent enough challenge.

Has anything been said about the AI for EA UFC 3 anywhere?
Yh its completly redone and apperently more challenging, knocked out the top EA UFC 2 player during testing. They said they play more like their real life counterpart aswell.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Yeah, this is literally the only thing that is important to me. I like doing an offline universe and if I win every time against the hardest AI the game is worthless to me. I don't know if we're going to get sliders which would be another way to band aid this but I'm really hoping they made an AI that can handle the game. They did not have that last time.

It's also something where other people's impressions aren't going to mean anything to me. If I get into the Beta and can see for myself that it's fixed then the game is a 100% preorder for me. If it is like it was in 2 then there's just no point in me buying the game.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Yeah, this is literally the only thing that is important to me. I like doing an offline universe and if I win every time against the hardest AI the game is worthless to me. I don't know if we're going to get sliders which would be another way to band aid this but I'm really hoping they made an AI that can handle the game. They did not have that last time.

It's also something where other people's impressions aren't going to mean anything to me. If I get into the Beta and can see for myself that it's fixed then the game is a 100% preorder for me. If it is like it was in 2 then there's just no point in me buying the game.
The good thing about the beta is that there is Fight now so you will be able to try out the AI. Some (not all) of the fighters in the beta are tuned with their fighter specific tendencies. The ones who arent will still fight similarly to their fight style.

With that said, there are some changes that Skynet made that didnt make the beta but from a difficulty perspective, you should be able to get a feel for the AI.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The good thing about the beta is that there is Fight now so you will be able to try out the AI. Some (not all) of the fighters in the beta are tuned with their fighter specific tendencies. The ones who arent will still fight similarly to their fight style.

With that said, there are some changes that Skynet made that didnt make the beta but from a difficulty perspective, you should be able to get a feel for the AI.
I wonder if you will be able to change the difficulty. From what I remember, I believe you only had one difficulty when practicing with the beta for the last game and you could not change it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
I wonder if you will be able to change the difficulty. From what I remember, I believe you only had one difficulty when practicing with the beta for the last game and you could not change it.
Thats a good question. I hope so because when I played the top difficulties were very challenging as they should be.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
There were two, but they didn't tell you what those difficulties actually translated to. I figured the "advanced" one would be difficulty 2 or 3 out of the 4, but it turned out to be the hardest one. They'll get far better feedback on the AI if they put them all on there and let us know which is which.

And yeah, the AI will continue to develop post-beta for sure but we should be able to get an idea of what the situation is from the beta. The hardest difficulty should be basically unbeatable without knowing the systems of the game in and out and using them. The AI should get straight up stat bonuses.

Now if they don't want to do it that way then fine, but in that case we need sliders. We don't even need that many. A very basic set of sliders that have a broad scale (0 for AI power means it almost never will get a KO, 100 means any decent combo or flush power strike is going to ground you) will let people tailor the game to what they're looking for.

But yeah, I'm signed up for the beta, and I'm optimistic for what we're going to get with regard to AI. From some of the conversations Skynet had on here I know he gets it.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #8
Pro

I wonder if there is a difficulty above pro for EA UFC 3. A (G.O.A.T.) difficulty like Fight Night had, (Ultimate) UfC Undisputed, or (Legend) like EA MMA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »