Home

Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3

This is a discussion on Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2017, 11:08 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3

[quote=Acebaldwin;2049102239]Im worried about the possible lack of given possibilities when finishing fights. After having hurt a opponent and knocking him down into a TKO situation, let me be able to transition. To try and take the back of a opponent, be it for a sub or to lock on a better position before he possibly can recover faster than expected.

Can we get a comment on this one?? I would really like to know if we will be able to do what GSP did to Bisping. Knocked him down with a shot, GSP followed him to the ground, landed a few punches then decided to take his back for a RNC. I would love to know if that is possible, and what "finish the fight" means for UFC 3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #26
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Ugh..

Its going to be 2018 when this game comes out... how can this still be a problem?

Are we seriously not getting dedicated servers?!?!?!
Almost no 1v1 game uses dedicated servers. It isn't efficient. P2P introduces lag to allow both clients to "catch up", which sucks, but if the game used a client-server model, then you'd have some truly putrid desynch going on to the point of unplayability.

Imagine if you had 20 ping to the server and your opponent had 250 ping. It's possible in a client to server model that you could take your opponent down, but on his screen, the action wouldn't have been relayed, so for him, you're still standing up. How does the server arbitrate that? You'd end up in slugfest scenarios where someone has 20 less ping than you and lands a clean punch that never even rendered on your screen, but for him and the game server you're KO'd.

Dedicated servers work well for team based shooters but it's not an efficient model for most 1v1 games, especially ones that involves complex animation interactions between 2 players like the UFC games do.

What P2P truly needs to excel is either region lock (the simple answer) or the ability for players to self-regulate how much latency they're willing to tolerate in a given match (which is what Tekken 7 does by allowing you to both set a ping threshold and accept/deny matches based upon projected match latency).

UFC2 had no region lock and no way for players to identify a potential laggy match and deny it from ever happening. Which is a recipe for lagfests, especially in the upper divisions where there are less players.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 11-06-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #27
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I wonder if a game like this could use GGPO netcode. I've read many great things about it.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #28
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Online lag lol
Old 11-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #29
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Old issues not being addressed like insta-MT Clinch and the OP striking from it.

Oddly OP gnp striking positions.

Side control position still being too OP.

Submissions not requiring any set or timing beyond the other grapple moves.

Insta-sweeps. This been an issue with all MMA games. I never felt like sweeping an opponent should be just a push of a button of flick of the stick in most cases.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

That there's not going to be a universe mode, even though a lot of people asked for it.

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 11-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #31
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
That there's not going to be a universe mode, even though a lot of people asked for it.
Yeah, I'll even take a bare bones one with just a calendar and stat/record tracking. It doesn't need a whole to get going.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
Rookie

1-Detailed tutorial with ALL game mechanics explained ,2- lag

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »