Home

Online Game Modes?

This is a discussion on Online Game Modes? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Online Game Modes?

Quote:
EA is also touting two multiplayer modes “designed for fast, fun fights.” They are “Stand & Bang,” and a “Submission Showdown” to go along with the Knockout Mode introduced in 2016’s EA Sports UFC 2. For more on Knockout Mode and the last game, see Polygon’s review. EA Sports UFC 3 will also offer a tournament mode where the combatants must fight through multiple rounds to victory, with fatigue and injury accruing through each bout.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...e-ps4-xbox-one
So we're getting a Stand 'n Bang mode, which I assume is going to be a striking only mode, but without the silly conditions Knockout Mode has.

Then we're getting a tournament mode which sounds awesome and is just like the Pride tournament mode I've always been hoping for.

Then there is only one problem. These are most likely not going to be online, are they? Can't these be added to Quick Match as a search condition filter?

Everywhere people are going to be making their striking only matches/tournaments, and having this as a filter under Quick Match/Play a Friend, would be awesome. If the striking is really going to be that good then it would be a complete waste to keep it to offline only.

That tournament mode would make for an amazing online mode too. I really do hope this is not going to be locked behind offline only. You are going to add these amazing modes, please don't tell me you are going to keep this exclusive to offline. That would be really disappointing.

There are so many former Fight Night players who will never be completely satisfied with anything other than a boxing game, but this is a great opportunity to get their interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Online Game Modes?

Old 11-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Thanks for posting. Since, for the last game, they went offline only too, I think it is fair to assume that the same will be the case for this title.

So hopefully people will voice their opinions on this, but more so, hopefully EA realizes what they have in their hands with these cool modes.

It really doesn't have to split the playerbase up too badly if they add it the right way.

Quick Match should be the hub for these alternative game modes. Don't tell me you actually added Snoopcast commentary just to keep it away from anyone that only plays online these days.

Last edited by Yaari; 11-07-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
MVP

yeah, i agreed. i wish they add online function to the tournament mode at least.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Even Fight Night Champion's bare knuckle mode back in 2011 was available online. EA please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
MVP

bare knuckle mode was my favorite mode. lol it was fantastic.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Is there going to be a ranked championships in ufc ea 3?
Old 11-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

They gotta make it online. It's only right to do. Why would you not make the tournament mode online? Also hope the stand & bang and submission showdown are online modes too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »