Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer - Real Player Motion Tech

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer - Real Player Motion Tech within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New UFC 3 trailer

Yes. Its now head movement. Clinch and takedowns are prolly modifiers for the right stick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
What's up with the jab TJ throws before the lead head kick? Same with the combination Wonder oy throws. Those animations might be fluid but they are ugly as sin. They look really unnatural and lacking big time in technique. I'm honestly shook because I really thought the technique behind basic strikes such as jabs and straights would at least be spot on with the mocap tech.

Cruz looks good with his unorthodox style but if the price to pay was for textbook technique to get lost in transit I would have prefered for Cruz to be forgotten.

Im hoping the strikes from out of slips to the side are better animated. That could be the saving grace from a technical standpoint...Maybe.

Dont know what else to say, Im honestly a bit rattled from seeing strikes being thrown that way. I want martialMind to ease my mind a bit and tell me there's a actual good reason as to why those strikes looks the way they do. And if he approves of it, and if so, why!?
I just saw the trailer and thought it looked solid. We cant have it both ways though. Cruz isnt technical with his jab or with many of his strikes. He cant be because his footwork is technical. Its awkward and many of his strikes are awkward and unorthodox. I think Cruz looks great.

The only animation I'm not happy with is the Dillashaw jab. The Wonderboy strikes look different because he is stepping back while throwing the jab.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #43
Banned

It's also showing clips from a trailer, keep in mind. That doesn't mean it's 100% reflecting the actual gameplay. While they might look a certain way there, they can look more fluid and different when you're actually playing the game. Kind of like how if you watch MLB The Show replays, swings tend to look robotic or generic, but when you're actually hitting they don't.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
It's also showing clips from a trailer, keep in mind. That doesn't mean it's 100% reflecting the actual gameplay. While they might look a certain way there, they can look more fluid and different when you're actually playing the game. Kind of like how if you watch MLB The Show replays, swings tend to look robotic or generic, but when you're actually hitting they don't.
Good point. The trailer slows and speeds up strikes so thats not necessarily how it will look.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #45
Pro

But duuuuuude. Cruz. Cruz man... In my best Joe Rogan voice... “OH MY GOD.... OH, MY, GOD!”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #46
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Tj does a middle kick not a high kick, right?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #47
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I just saw the trailer and thought it looked solid. We cant have it both ways though. Cruz isnt technical with his jab or with many of his strikes. He cant be because his footwork is technical. Its awkward and many of his strikes are awkward and unorthodox. I think Cruz looks great.

The only animation I'm not happy with is the Dillashaw jab. The Wonderboy strikes look different because he is stepping back while throwing the jab.
Yeah I did say Cruz looked good due to him being unorthodox.

But if the strikes Wonderboy threw looked the way they did because he's moving back, they should have made them better. When striking while going backward, you usually don't lean forward with your shots like he does. Most definitely not when it's a jab or a straight. A big maybe if it's a reaching over hand right and even then, you're usually static with your footwork at that point to have a proper base with power.

And yup, that TJ jab looked very bad.

And what's up with the donnie brasco kid saying it was a mid kick from TJ? That was a high kick for sure that caught Garbrandt. The kick is not only past the waist, but it's also a attempt from EA to replicate what happened last weekend. (I say attempt because garbrandt misjudged the kick for a mid one and tried to deviate it (ie parry) which got him to lean his body forward while backing up and getting wrecked.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 11-10-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #48
Rookie

OMG! Cruz's movement looked insane! So hyped to play with him.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »