Home

Having a monitor is the best!

This is a discussion on Having a monitor is the best! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #33
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Having a monitor is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Hrm.. going by the site I found giving specs.. appearently my 55” tv has an 8ms lol
I'll use that 7ms to choke you out homie!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #34
Rookie

I have 2 fairly expensive monitors that I usually just use as dual monitors on my PC (https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Response...=operasport-20). I'm don't know much about computers and don't exactly know why they're good monitors (just watched a review on a ton and that one had the best, had them for like 1-2 years and they work really well and are very nice btw, incase anyone was wondering), can someone explain to me what the benefit would be of me using one of them over just a regular tv that's a few years old?
Old 11-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #35
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1998
I have 2 fairly expensive monitors that I usually just use as dual monitors on my PC (https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Response...=operasport-20). I'm don't know much about computers and don't exactly know why they're good monitors (just watched a review on a ton and that one had the best, had them for like 1-2 years and they work really well and are very nice btw, incase anyone was wondering), can someone explain to me what the benefit would be of me using one of them over just a regular tv that's a few years old?
Mainly for the much lower (usually anyway) response time, gives you a bit more of an edge in games like Call of Duty (well any FPS really) and games like UFC. Anything competitive, it pays to have a monitor IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #36
Rookie

I am currently looking into buying a monitor for my ps4, to use it for ufc 3 mainly. I am currently leaning towards the benq rl2755. Does anyone has experience with this monitor at ufc 2 for example?
Old 11-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #37
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

Well, I just bought the monitor I've been looking at for a while now, but I didn't just buy it for EA UFC 3, mainly for CS:GO.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #38
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I broke my TV 3 months ago, after playing EA UFC 2 online and i lost to a lagfest.

I accidentally stormed off to the bathroom, while holding my controller after the game was over due to some bullcrap( i don't remember what exactly, but it made me mad), then i accidentally tapped my TV with my body and it lost it's balance from the small table stand i had it on, it was about to fall and as i went on to stop it from falling with my hand that i was holding my controller with, i accidentally tapped the glass and the top left corner inside crystal got destroyed and now it's completely useless.

I was planning on getting another TV this christmas, but since i don't watch any TV anymore i was thinking of getting myself a second monitor and was thinking of getting a gaming monitor.

Currently i have a DELL IPS monitor with 9ms latency and compared to some of my friends' monitors with lower latency, some of my games appear like garbage when running them on 60fps. Too much screen tearing etc.

Past year, whatever shooter i've been playing, i was running it on 140fps+, just to get a smooth and responsive experience with my monitor.

I guess it would be worth it if instead of a new tv, i bought a cheap asus gaming tn panel monitor at 144hz with 1ms latency 1080p.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #39
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I broke my TV 3 months ago, after playing EA UFC 2 online and i lost to a lagfest.

I accidentally stormed off to the bathroom, while holding my controller after the game was over due to some bullcrap( i don't remember what exactly, but it made me mad), then i accidentally tapped my TV with my body and it lost it's balance from the small table stand i had it on, it was about to fall and as i went on to stop it from falling with my hand that i was holding my controller with, i accidentally tapped the glass and the top left corner inside crystal got destroyed and now it's completely useless.

I was planning on getting another TV this christmas, but since i don't watch any TV anymore i was thinking of getting myself a second monitor and was thinking of getting a gaming monitor.

Currently i have a DELL IPS monitor with 9ms latency and compared to some of my friends' monitors with lower latency, some of my games appear like garbage when running them on 60fps. Too much screen tearing etc.

Past year, whatever shooter i've been playing, i was running it on 140fps+, just to get a smooth and responsive experience with my monitor.

I guess it would be worth it if instead of a new tv, i bought a cheap asus gaming tn panel monitor at 144hz with 1ms latency 1080p.
Definitely worth it. Netflix and YouTube > TV by a mile anyway.

LOL @ your incident. The lag is truly infuriating though... the most infuriating part of the game IMO. Bad lag combined with any combination of parry spam, clinch spam, or takedown spam and you have a recipe for high blood pressure and broken objects in the house.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:53 AM   #40
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
I need to buy a 4K tv. Could any one direct me in the right direction. I am looking at spending in between 400 to 500 dollars. Can I even get a good tv with good refresh, response time, and ms at this price? What would be the best to buy? Want the least input lag? Wanted to get a monitor but the wife is not having it yet lol.
I wonder why everyone wants a 4k tv and even worse a cheap one.
If you go for a 4k tv it should be at least 65" imo or sitting under 2m away for 55" Why does a small tv or monitor have such a high resolution if your sitting miles away.
Its much better get a full HD good high end last years tv then a cheap 4k. Its the same thing if your car engine has 2000ccm and u think if you put cerosin in it you will fly. Totaly unnecessary. This word Ultra HD or 4k is so into our heads because if you go to a shop the salesman will surley tell you yeah its best. Why? Because its his job to sell tvs

Imo HDR is a much bigger difference but thats just mine oppinion.

If you like to check inputlags of all screens no matter monitor or a tv here you go: https://displaylag.com/display-database/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »