Home

Changes to the ground game?

This is a discussion on Changes to the ground game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Changes to the ground game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Changes aren't huge, but I'll give you a few to chew on since it's been a slow news week and beta is right around the corner.

-new transition direction from SUB side control. Up gives you a face pressure transition to half guard.

-new transition direction from SUB sprawl. Down I think it is gives you a single leg attempt with finishes into the takedown or pulling half guard.

-arm trap control change, now RT + direction to arm trap/hip bump. Also a penalty for attempting an arm trap in the wrong direction. Makes the arm trap/hip bump a lot harder to pull off. Big buff for the DOM positions.

-a bunch of new reversal animations sprinkled all over for transitions that didn't have them before

-ability to attempt a submission from the finish the fight positions, instead of only having GnP as an option

-submissions from the arm trap positions

-made roll from mount to back mount faster, with the addition of momentum to back mount flat for the DOM to balance it out. This was ZHunter's idea to try and make mount more dynamic and more viable to escape without using arm traps.
That's great news! I wasn't sure if we were getting submissions from a finish the fight position. As well arm trap sounds like EA MMA now. Is there an arm trap from dominant position though? I liked using it in EA MMA especially from Mount to arm trap and then go for an armbar or Triangle from Mount. It was also a lethal way to lay some strikes from either top or bottom position.

Not sure if you can say or not but are there bottom position Elbows?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:16 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Changes aren't huge, but I'll give you a few to chew on since it's been a slow news week and beta is right around the corner.

-new transition direction from SUB side control. Up gives you a face pressure transition to half guard.

-new transition direction from SUB sprawl. Down I think it is gives you a single leg attempt with finishes into the takedown or pulling half guard.

-arm trap control change, now RT + direction to arm trap/hip bump. Also a penalty for attempting an arm trap in the wrong direction. Makes the arm trap/hip bump a lot harder to pull off. Big buff for the DOM positions.

-a bunch of new reversal animations sprinkled all over for transitions that didn't have them before

-ability to attempt a submission from the finish the fight positions, instead of only having GnP as an option

-submissions from the arm trap positions

-made roll from mount to back mount faster, with the addition of momentum to back mount flat for the DOM to balance it out. This was ZHunter's idea to try and make mount more dynamic and more viable to escape without using arm traps.
all are great addition. but this one make me super hyped again. i can't wait.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:03 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Changes aren't huge, but I'll give you a few to chew on since it's been a slow news week and beta is right around the corner.....
I really don't want to post this idea in every topic about ground game, but GPD didn't confirm that he saw it. Can you make Grapple Assist HUD to not highlight transition I am trying to do? In offline match with another player it shows him what direction to block. But on the other hand HUD shows me my options in current moment and it is handy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:
One gate.

And the roll carries with it a bigger than normal stamina penalty, so rolling from mount to back and back to mount over and over again won't be viable.
Ah, that's awesome. I was going to ask about the submission + rocked, and that answers it. Good to know you guys were using logic.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I think it's interesting, and kind of funny, how this whole desire for a von Flu choke has grown within this group.

Meanwhile we're missing really fundamental aspects germane to MMA grappling:
1. Positions: butterfly guard, half butterfly, 50/50, knee on belly, body triangle (from guard and back mount)
2. Small adjustments that change position dynamics: overlooks (playing guard to break posture, eliminate strikes, potentially attack the arm, and off-base for sweeps), undertook battles (crucial to maintain position vs escape), and hand fighting (think back mount), ability to move your body when someone punches from postured up positions (seriously, why can't we sway on the ground?)
3. Tons of submissions we can all ask for, but importantly chained submissions -- and specifically, chained leg attacks. Ability to punch and slam out of submissions.

I'm not complaining about all this being absent from the game; I get that the focus was re-doing the striking. Just saying that most of these, and many more I couldn't recall off-hand are integral to grappling, with the nuance of the micro movements separating average from good/great grapplers.

YET, WE WANT... Von Flu! (All that said, I hope it is added since it's a new wrinkle and the animation is pretty much already there.)
I’m like 90% kidding but if it were put in the way I said it would be a funny semi-Easter egg.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #38
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I’m like 90% kidding but if it were put in the way I said it would be a funny semi-Easter egg.
I actually really like the idea.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #39
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
I actually really like the idea.
The choke?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
The choke?
Having the choke be a counter to the guillotine that the person getting choked can get out of by just cancelling their submission (just like real life.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »