Home

Body Triangle and Universe Mode

This is a discussion on Body Triangle and Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #25
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Body Triangle and Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
I reviewd the thread, and from what i've seen, body triangle, pull guard and cage positions was actually the most requested. I know cage positions are included but not the others..Or am i wrong? If not, please include them atleast as DLC and i will gladly purchase it...I think most will. I mean who doesn't want more depth on the ground? Waiting another 2 years for the next iteration is a long time. If this game was release annually i wouldn't be a big deal.
i think pull guard is in, and cage positions. Just the body triangle never made it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 05:19 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
i think pull guard is in, and cage positions. Just the body triangle never made it.
Damn almost...But it's great to hear that pull guard is included...Thanks . I really want body triangle, i hope they patch or include it with other important positions like butterfly guard etc as DLC.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #27
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
pull guard and new cage positions is in??? How do you know?

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 11-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #28
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
pull guard and new cage positions is in??? How do you know?
cage positions are 100% in, the gamechangers and devs talked abut it and pull guard i think someone mentioned it but im not 100% about this one.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #29
Pro

I believe the pull guard is from the new sprawl position, that or a takedown attempt

new transition direction from SUB sprawl. Down I think it is gives you a single leg attempt with finishes into the takedown or pulling half guard.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #30
Rookie

Icon5 Re: Body Triangle and Universe Mode

Can someone send me a link to this spreadsheet people use? I want to create my own "promoter" mode but it's a pain to setup.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #31
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

I've always just used spreadsheets to do this myself, but an in game system would be great.

However, if nothing is done to make each fighter's AI fight more like that fighter then it wouldn't be much fun. As someone who watched several cards in the last game, it became dull after a while. Noticing that there was no consistency to anyone's fight style really killed it for me. You can only see Anderson Silva trying to get a single leg on Chris Weidman so many times before you just turn it off and do something else. Get that in check and you don't even really need an in game Universe. Spreadsheets and outside stuff could handle it, though an in game system would be ideal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 02:10 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You guys know I've been banging the Universe mode drum for years and I'll continue to do so if I'm still a gamechanger for a future game.

The devs know that the offline crowd is important. The team recognizes that offline gamers are a big part of the audience and thats why there are so many modes geared toward offline players.

Where they differ from me is they think that more offline players would play a career mode instead of a universe mode. The data they have likely backs that up. So I'm ok if the focus is on improving Career mode for UFC3. I still want a universe mode for UFC 4 though.
Toast to you dear sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »