Home

Glass chins in the new ultimate team??

This is a discussion on Glass chins in the new ultimate team?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Glass chins in the new ultimate team??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I liked it in EA MMA where picking a boxer or wrestler actually meant something in regards to the max stats, not just the starting stats.
True, but sadly with the way the game worked it was even MORE obvious the Boxer was the best class followed by Sambo, and the BJJ/Judo/Generalist being completely worthless
Old 11-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
True, but sadly with the way the game worked it was even MORE obvious the Boxer was the best class followed by Sambo, and the BJJ/Judo/Generalist being completely worthless
Yeah, it definitely needs to be balanced right. Respect for knowing those EA MMA styles so spot on. I made a wrestler work because of parry spam and using the cheap parry takedown, but a boxer was just as good on the ground as any. Not many people talk about how many aspects this development team brought over from EA MMA, but didn't quite implement it the best way. One of the big ones being the move selections aspect.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Yeah, it definitely needs to be balanced right. Respect for knowing those EA MMA styles so spot on. I made a wrestler work because of parry spam and using the cheap parry takedown, but a boxer was just as good on the ground as any. Not many people talk about how many aspects this development team brought over from EA MMA, but didn't quite implement it the best way. One of the big ones being the move selection aspect (talking UFC 1 where slots had one move).

Last edited by Evil97; 11-16-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Yeah, it definitely needs to be balanced right. Respect for knowing those EA MMA styles so spot on. I made a wrestler work because of parry spam and using the cheap parry takedown, but a boxer was just as good on the ground as any. Not many people talk about how many aspects this development team brought over from EA MMA, but didn't quite implement it the best way. One of the big ones being the move selections aspect.
I grinded 3 different accounts to red master belt hahaha, the only game I played more was Undisputed 3. I played through career mode on both games so many times and made an untold number of CAFs. My best EA MMA CAF was actually a kickboxer because of the slightly faster kicks and the still very fast punches. Max standup, max grapple defense of 92, clinch control and TDD around 80 to avoid literally all grappling, Max health and choke subs of 60 to catch many people by surprise haha
Old 11-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
I liked it in EA MMA where picking a boxer or wrestler actually meant something in regards to the max stats, not just the starting stats.
I used to think like that. But I changed my mind at some point. The bad thing about this set up is that it is arbitrary. MMA ahs evolved to a point where fighters might be great at two very different things that pertain to different martial arts. You couldn't make a fighter with good kicks and subs in EA MMA, even though some fighters irl are like this. Meanwhile, punching and subs was quite alright. Therefore, I'm glad the max caps were abolished.

I do think that EA MMA styles were pretty balanced, especially for a first try. Boxer was a bit OP and BJJ was a bit UP, but all in all I saw a lot of variety and the stats made sense.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I used to think like that. But I changed my mind at some point. The bad thing about this set up is that it is arbitrary. MMA ahs evolved to a point where fighters might be great at two very different things that pertain to different martial arts. You couldn't make a fighter with good kicks and subs in EA MMA, even though some fighters irl are like this. Meanwhile, punching and subs was quite alright. Therefore, I'm glad the max caps were abolished.

I do think that EA MMA styles were pretty balanced, especially for a first try. Boxer was a bit OP and BJJ was a bit UP, but all in all I saw a lot of variety and the stats made sense.
Yes that is also very true in my opinion. But for example a guy like Gokhan Saki or Overeem, these guys trained kickboxing from when they were little and they are absolute beasts on the kickboxing part. On the ground however they have some major problems. Of course you have guys that are very good in the stand up and very good on the ground because they have great experience in both , but they will probably lose to a world champion kickboxer in stand up only and lose to a world champion jiu jutsu on the ground. Don't you think they should balance this somehow in Ultimate team?
Because you can't be a world champion in both disciplines.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
Rookie

My idea for UT is the following: Start of by creating a fighter and provide him with an age, let's say 18. You then start to build the fighter stats , assigning the cards (you can only assign them once) and fight matches. After each fight you advance in time, if you don't take much damage you skip less time and if you take a lot of damage you skip more time and with that your fighter get's older in time. At some point you will be around 40 and your stats start to decrease. Very similar to a career in fight night for example but only online. This will keep things fresh in my opinion. It is just a basic idea so don't bash me too hard on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair

I think it could work out if they were to let you choose a main fighting style, followed by a second most proficient fighting style. That way you could have say a taekwondo guy that has great BJJ. It also keeps you from having the max punching stats at the same time, keeping the fighter from ever being too OP.

Another option would be to perhaps choose a style, this would limit what stats you could max out, but then also allow you to ‘tag’ maybe 2 or 3 other stats. If you’ve ever played games like Fallout 3 or New Vegas, you’ll know that when you create your character you get to ‘tag’ some stats to start off, and it gives them a 15 point increase right off the bat. Something like his could apply to an MMA game, where you could perhaps choose a BJJ as your style, then tag the kicking stat so that the max increases from say 60 to 80.

Another way could be to have the player choose a certain number of weaknesses and a certain number of strengths for their created fighter. Have all stats able to be put up to say 70, but then give them the option to ‘tag’ certain stats to increase that max value, HOWEVER, you could make it so that for every stat they increase the max value on, they also have to choose one as a weakness, and that stats max value would be lowered.

I think there are multiple solutions similar to what I’m suggesting, it’s just about finding the one that works best. I definitely agree that the EA MMA system wasn’t very good, but I also don’t think it’s realistic to have a fighter have completely maxed out stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »